Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am encouraged to witness accountability being dispensed for the heinous attack on our Capitol. All I ever have to do is drive thru a republican led state with long hair and I'm pulled over and searched for any accountability they can find!

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It isn't just chaz, it's blm, antifa, etc. ON and on. Blm even stole money, cops killed and ambushed. You gotta be kidding me. So don't worry, there is more coming for these guys, be happy. Well, unless they get even just one to help them get Trump.
I’m sorry, are you saying that protesting for better treatment by our criminal-justice system is just the same as protesting that the guy they wanted to win the Presidency, didn’t?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After what has gone on here you ask this? Are you kidding me? Some are having to share in a jail and rot. Message loud and clear. Some can and some don't dare.

Yes, the message to any would-be protestor: Respect the will of the people, our constitution and institutions.
I await the chief instigator to be brought to justice as well.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is a partial verdict, other charges are pending. They will get em, don't worry.

The "pending charges" were counts the jury hadn't decided yet on. They were sent back and found 1 defendant not guilty of one charge (seditious conspiracy), but he's got plenty of other convicted charges. All of the defendants have 6 or 7 felonies including at least 1 with a 20 year max.

No one will "do life". Federal sentencing rarely hits the maximum and offenses that "group" together (charges based on the same action or set of actions) are served concurrently, not consecutively. If you wait about 24 hours, we will have the sentencing memo for the similarly convicted "Oath Keeper" defendants so we can see how they would like the judge to sentence on the rare conviction for seditious conspiracy. (The last conviction before 2022 was the "Blind Sheikh" for the 1993 WTC bombing.)

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
this charge means life. These guys are libel now to a life sentence.
Tarrio is 39, Nordeen is 32, Biggs 39 and Rehl. Even if they get the max, it's not life for any of them.

Though it should be.
After what has gone on here you ask this? Are you kidding me? Some are having to share in a jail and rot. Message loud and clear. Some can and some don't dare.
The vast majority of the insurrectionists have been released on bond. Those being detained are flight risks.
It isn't just chaz, it's blm, antifa, etc. ON and on.
None of them tried to stop the peaceful transfer of power.
Blm even stole money, cops killed and ambushed.
Not by BLM members.
You gotta be kidding me. So don't worry, there is more coming for these guys, be happy. Well, unless they get even just one to help them get Trump.
Mopey fatalism isn't a very convincing argument.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The "pending charges" were counts the jury hadn't decided yet on. They were sent back and found 1 defendant not guilty of one charge (seditious conspiracy), but he's got plenty of other convicted charges. All of the defendants have 6 or 7 felonies including at least 1 with a 20 year max.

No one will "do life". Federal sentencing rarely hits the maximum and offenses that "group" together (charges based on the same action or set of actions) are served concurrently, not consecutively. If you wait about 24 hours, we will have the sentencing memo for the similarly convicted "Oath Keeper" defendants so we can see how they would like the judge to sentence on the rare conviction for seditious conspiracy. (The last conviction before 2022 was the "Blind Sheikh" for the 1993 WTC bombing.)

Based on the sentencing memo for the Oath Keepers convicted of seditious conspiracy I expect the DOJ to ask for 20-25 years for the top 3 (Nordean, Biggs, and Tarrio), 17-20 years for Rehl, and 8-10 years for Pezzola who was not convicted of that conspiracy, but of other crimes.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
241636_9f4a3046555e3431f8a087b68dbce899_thumb.jpg

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

There has been a large cleanup here of posts that were either in violation, or in response to violation. Please do not goad or flame other posters going forward. Also, please refresh your memory to the forum rules, as well as the SOP of this area. Keep snarkiness to a minimum.

Thank you, and carry on.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A president should never be able to pardon people for committing crimes for him. Never.
That is not the issue here. There were attempts to find guilt but none found. The bias here concerning justice, is fake. Useless for discussion on Justice. It's coined "mopey" etc. There is no justice unless it applies to all. Lacking that it is simply tyranny.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That is not the issue here. There were attempts to find guilt but none found. The bias here concerning justice, is fake. Useless for discussion on Justice. It's coined "mopey" etc. There is no justice unless it applies to all. Lacking that it is simply tyranny.

I don't know what you are talking about. Certainly these men have been found guilty. Four of sedition and other things, one of just other things. The DOJ is trying hard to find and charge all of those responsible, but there are thousands involved. Some low-level trespassers will not be arrested, but hopefully all of the assaulters and seditionists will.

As for this case, I watched it closely, reading live coverage almost every day and the evidence against them was strong. They earned their guilty verdicts and justice (with appropriate sentences) has been done.

• Agree
Reactions: stevil
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't know what you are talking about. Certainly these men have been found guilty. Four of sedition and other things, one of just other things. The DOJ is trying hard to find and charge all of those responsible, but there are thousands involved. Some low-level trespassers will not be arrested, but hopefully all of the assaulters and seditionists will.

As for this case, I watched it closely, reading live coverage almost every day and the evidence against them was strong. They earned their guilty verdicts and justice (with appropriate sentences) has been done.
I was talking about Trump himself.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I was talking about Trump himself.

I wasn't talking about Trump, I was just saying that a president (any president) shouldn't be able to pardon people for committing crimes for their the benefit of that president.
I really don't like presidential pardons.
I don't think a president should be able to pardon their friends, family or their allies.

But speaking of Trump...
Pardoning Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, and Steve Bannon, pardoning Cedrick's father, pardoning Piro's father, I found it all pretty corrupt abuse of presidential powers.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That is not the issue here. There were attempts to find guilt but none found. The bias here concerning justice, is fake.
It seems D Trump has been found guilty of sexual assult and defamation

A New York jury found on Tuesday that Donald Trump sexually abused the advice columnist E Jean Carroll in a New York department store changing room 27 years ago.

The verdict for the first time legally brands a former US president as a sexual predator.

Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
It seems D Trump has been found guilty of sexual assult and defamation

A New York jury found on Tuesday that Donald Trump sexually abused the advice columnist E Jean Carroll in a New York department store changing room 27 years ago.

The verdict for the first time legally brands a former US president as a sexual predator.
So now sexual abuse, along with fraudulent entities, and his name sake org being found guilty of being a criminal org.

"So much winning, you'll get tired of all the winning"

Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems D Trump has been found guilty of sexual assult and defamation[...]
Technically no, since this was a civil lawsuit, not a criminal trial. The burden of proof is lower for a civil lawsuit, and the penalty does not include registering as a sex offender (just financial penalties).

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I wasn't talking about Trump, I was just saying that a president (any president) shouldn't be able to pardon people for committing crimes for their the benefit of that president.
I really don't like presidential pardons.
I don't think a president should be able to pardon their friends, family or their allies.

But speaking of Trump...
Pardoning Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, and Steve Bannon, pardoning Cedrick's father, pardoning Piro's father, I found it all pretty corrupt abuse of presidential powers.
It was corrupt powers which charged and threatened them in the first place.

Upvote 0