Families gather at libraries to pray, sing ‘God Bless America’ and join in Kirk Cameron’s story hour

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That's not a Christian attitude.
Nonsense

Do you not understand what meekness is?
How about you explain it to me as it relates to this passage:

(CLV) Mt 23:27
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are resembling the whitewashed sepulchers which outside, indeed, are appearing beautiful, yet inside they are crammed with the bones of the dead and all uncleanness.

(CLV) Mt 23:28
Thus you, also, outside, indeed, are appearing to men to be just, yet inside you are distended with hypocrisy and lawlessness.

(CLV) Mt 23:29
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are building the sepulchers of the prophets and adorning the tombs of the just,

(CLV) Mt 23:30
and you are saying, `If we were in the days of our fathers, we would not be participants with them in the blood of the prophets.'

(CLV) Mt 23:31
So that you are testifying to yourselves that you are the sons of those who murder the prophets.

(CLV) Mt 23:32
And you! Fill full the measure of your fathers!

(CLV) Mt 23:33
"Serpents! Progeny of vipers! How may you be fleeing from the judging of Gehenna?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's arrogant for Cameron and his fans to think he's better at doing that, than the hundreds of thousands of actual pastors out there, doing it in churches every sunday, who aren't profaning the religion in the process.
Why would you assume that one or the other is any better? That sounds like bigotry to me

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would you assume that one or the other is any better? That sounds like bigotry to me

I assume it is better because one involves profanation of religion, the other does not.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The library said on Thursday that the anticipated attendance has increased past the library’s capacity, meaning they’ll be unable to host the event.
What a feeble excuse. Their motive is transparent. They can do the same thing that every other building that is open to the public does when their capacity maxes out per fire code. Close the doors.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Nonsense

How about you explain it to me as it relates to this passage:

(CLV) Mt 23:27
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are resembling the whitewashed sepulchers which outside, indeed, are appearing beautiful, yet inside they are crammed with the bones of the dead and all uncleanness.

(CLV) Mt 23:28
Thus you, also, outside, indeed, are appearing to men to be just, yet inside you are distended with hypocrisy and lawlessness.

He's certainly not holding a story time hour talking about how filthy and nasty Samaritans are, and how they groom children.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Looks like the authors of deceit and confusion always have something to say.

Alabama library caves after Brave Books and Kirk Cameron stand up to its attempt to deny Americans a venue​

Public safety and room capacity rules don't apply if you think you're special?

As an update to my post above:

>> On Friday afternoon the library sent this statement: "The Huntsville-Madison County Public Library has agreed with event coordinators, Moms for Liberty, to accommodate their planned meeting on Saturday, August 5, 2023, at the Madison Library with a limit of 225 attendees," the library said.

"In the interest of public safety, Madison Police and the Madison Fire Marshal will be on hand to manage any logistical needs." <<

The library agreeing to a number of attendees appropriate for the venue is "caving"? Fox News is becoming more propagandistic with every day.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What a feeble excuse. Their motive is transparent. They can do the same thing that every other building that is open to the public does when their capacity maxes out per fire code. Close the doors.
Thank you for proving that you think public safety and rules don't apply to you if you think you're special.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I assume it is better because one involves profanation, the other does not.
Nonsense

There is no biblical commandment to go into the public square and teach people that their neighbors are wierdos or perverts. That is completely manmade.
(CLV) Mt 28:18
And, approaching, Jesus speaks to them saying, "Given to Me was all authority in heaven and on the earth.

(CLV) Mt 28:19
Going, then, disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

(CLV) Mt 28:20
teaching them to be keeping all, whatever I direct you. And lo~! I am with you all the days till the conclusion of the eon! Amen!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for proving that you think public safety and rules don't apply to you if you think you're special.
Don't thank me. You conjured that up in your imagination, all on your own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
He's certainly not holding a story time hour talking about how filthy and nasty Samaritans are, and how they groom children.
The Samaritans knew better than that. They followed Torah.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Nonsense

(CLV) Mt 28:18
And, approaching, Jesus speaks to them saying, "Given to Me was all authority in heaven and on the earth.

(CLV) Mt 28:19
Going, then, disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

(CLV) Mt 28:20
teaching them to be keeping all, whatever I direct you. And lo~! I am with you all the days till the conclusion of the eon! Amen!"

Does a library look like a church?

There's a big difference, too, between the Gospel, and this cheap political stunt Cameron is doing.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Does a library look like a church?

There's a big difference, too, between the Gospel, and this cheap political stunt Cameron is doing.
I agree with you.

Ehhh....I do not like Cameron nor support him, but I support his right to do what he wants even if it is- for a lack of a better term- tacky *shrug*

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I dislike the use of religion and prayer as a publicity stunt to advance a political agenda. I don't like when conservative Christians or liberal Christians do it.
I get the sense that religion in America is mainly a weapon for gaining political territory.

Perhaps somewhere in the background there's the work of attending to people's souls. But I'm less sure of that than I used to be.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I dislike the use of children in gay story hour publicity stunts.
Then don't take your kids to this. And this isn't a political stunt. That's just your imagination.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The more I read, the more interesting this all gets. A Kirk/MFL was met with peaceful response a book giveaway and polite discussions between parents with differing views.
Fox, unsurprisingly, spun and lied about the event in it's reporting. The mom in the linked video has her receipts.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Don't thank me. You conjured that up in your imagination, all on your own.
"No you are!" wasn't the clever retort you thought it was going to be.

I wonder if you'll ever stop talking about me in this thread and actually address the content of links posting - other than asserting that room capacity limits don't apply to Saint Kirk that is.

Upvote 0