Families gather at libraries to pray, sing ‘God Bless America’ and join in Kirk Cameron’s story hour

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Whatever that was, that was 3 months ago, not this event (which, as you point out, was happy and joyful at hundreds of libraries).
I was speaking reactions to the event in the OP, not hundreds of libraries. Seems that some here want to speak of everything but the event mentioned in the OP.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I was speaking reactions to the event in the OP
That was still not in the 3 month old video.
not hundreds of libraries. Seems that some here want to speak of everything but the event mentioned in the OP.
From your OP:

Mr. Cameron, an actor best known for his role on the 1985-92 sitcom “Growing Pains,” held a video meeting with the volunteers ahead of the story hour, which was touted as marking Aug. 5 as “a day of singing, praying, and reading” at more than 300 libraries across the U.S., which agreed through local volunteers to host the gatherings.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That was still not in the 3 month old video.

Wut?

From your OP:

Mr. Cameron, an actor best known for his role on the 1985-92 sitcom “Growing Pains,” held a video meeting with the volunteers ahead of the story hour, which was touted as marking Aug. 5 as “a day of singing, praying, and reading” at more than 300 libraries across the U.S., which agreed through local volunteers to host the gatherings.

Hmmm... Not seeing it.

Fort Myers, FL. — Nearly twenty children gathered Saturday at their local library for story time hosted by a mother of two, who volunteered to organize a “See You at the Library” event sponsored by Brave Books and its Christian author Kirk Cameron.

The group of families at the Lake Regional Library in Fort Myers, Florida kicked off the story hour with a prayer, asking Jesus to protect children while they gave thanks for the freedom of speech. They closed their event by singing “God Bless America.”

During story time, they read Mr. Cameron’s book “Pride Comes Before the Fall” and spoke afterwards about not being prideful and helping others.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"I was speaking reactions to the event in the OP"

The event in the OP was a few days ago. The video you posted was 3 months ago. Ergo, the video was not a reaction to the event in the OP.
Hmmm... Not seeing it.
The OP article is longer than what you quoted.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The event in the OP was a few days ago. The video you posted was 3 months ago. Ergo, the video was not a reaction to the event in the OP.
The video was in response to your errant comment.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The video was in response to your errant comment.
I suggested there were no threats to a series of library events on August 5th.

You replied with a video from May.

i don't see the relevance. Or any errantness in my comment. Libraries hither and yon allowed these private events, and everyone got to First Amendment to their heart's content.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Here's a picture posted with her and Cameron at the "See you at the Library" event August 5th 2023 published by the Washington Examiner.

This event doesn't play into my fears. I don't fear opportunists exacerbating and exploiting our cultural divisions for profit. I merely abhor them.

Yeah, this isn't political at all.

Conservative podcaster and author David Harris Jr. read his recently published book A Town Worth Defending as part of Brave Books's "See You at the Library" event held on Saturday, August 5, 2023.
(Photo courtesy of Brave Books)

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I was speaking reactions to the event in the OP, not hundreds of libraries. Seems that some here want to speak of everything but the event mentioned in the OP.

This is the headline in your OP.

Families gather at libraries to pray, sing ‘God Bless America’ and join in Kirk Cameron’s story hour​

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ugh. I really wanted to believe this was just about helping others and watching out for your pride. But thats not as thrilling as culture wars missions I guess. Who wants to leave their tvs and computers just to hear about helping others?

Upvote 0