Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You asked that above, the same question with a slightly different wording, and I directly answered. (post #51)

Would you prefer I copy it over? Let me know.
This was your response:

He will stop all wars forever, when the time comes. But here in this current world we are in a temporary life where we are here in order to make a choice.

We are here to choose whether to turn from evil to good, or not. Some have already chosen quite well long ago, even before birth for some, but...not all of us. Many might chose in 20 or 30 years, but very many may not really choose for 50 or even 65 years until they finally do.

You are here in a mortal body in order to allow you to make your own choice.

And I answered this with post 59. Your version of god uses people at bombed children's hospitals to somehow convince people they need to be saved. Could not God get the same result without the suffering of children like this? Is He not all powerful?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your version of god uses people at bombed children's hospitals to somehow convince people they need to be saved.
When you say "Your ________" and ascribe thoughts or ideas to someone on the internet, let me suggest you avoid that generally. It's not a good idea to ascribe to others what they think. Because you'd guess wrong so often.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When you say "Your ________" and ascribe thoughts or ideas to someone on the internet, let me suggest you avoid that generally. It's not a good idea to ascribe to others what they think. Because you'd guess wrong so often.
What I said is the consequence of what you said in your previous post. Show me how my statement is wrong?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sure, but I cannot believe something I am not convinced of. Actually no one can. God is asking me to do something I cannot do before He will communicate with me. The time to believe something is when you have good evidence that convinces you. God can provide that evidence.
And God has for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
A reader who actually has good reading comprehension knows that there are several themes and lessons in the Book of Job, how did you miss that and what does it supposedly say about you?

The book of Job is considered by most scholars to be a theological fable exploring theodicy through a narrative of a man who unjustly suffers despite no fault of his own, not teaching blind obedience to authority.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The book of Job is considered by most scholars to be a theological fable exploring theodicy through a narrative of a man who unjustly suffers despite no fault of his own, not teaching blind obedience to authority.
I did not say it is about blind obedience to authority, I said it has several themes you have listed only one.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So the Russian military no doubt knows this and were told to consider civilians to be enemy combatants.
Including pregnant women in a maternity ward? That's what your post is attempting to rationalize here.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And God has for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.
And that would be and has been me. You seem to confuse "I don't believe God exists" with "I don't want God to exist". These are two different things. I want to know if God exists. I spent a lot of my life searching for the evidence for God. I was a believer for a long time. Losing my faith was hard and I begged God many times to not let that happen. Well, He did. Why? Just saying to someone that has had this experience that I don't want to know just solidifies my unbelief because I know I want to know and have tried as best I can.

Divine Hiddenness is a problem for Christians and all I get back is one liners like this one that puts the blame on me and never get a real discussion about it.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Including pregnant women in a maternity ward? That's what your post is attempting to rationalize here.

I doubt the fighter pilots were able to take an inventory of exactly who was in the building.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And that would be and has been me. You seem to confuse "I don't believe God exists" with "I don't want God to exist". These are two different things. I want to know if God exists. I spent a lot of my life searching for the evidence for God. I was a believer for a long time. Losing my faith was hard and I begged God many times to not let that happen. Well, He did. Why? Just saying to someone that has had this experience that I don't want to know just solidifies my unbelief because I know I want to know and have tried as best I can.

Divine Hiddenness is a problem for Christians and all I get back is one liners like this one that puts the blame on me and never get a real discussion about it.
I judged you as someone who was looking for a reason not to believe. If you are trying to regain your faith look at the prophesies in the O.T. and see how they were fulfilled, that is impressive to say the least. Look at the five proofs for God. Go to this website and read the content in the big book, do not let the fact that it is Catholic dissuade you, it applies to everyone who wants to be a believer and it shows exactly why there can be no doubt that God exists. We do not know why God does what he does, maybe He needs you to have an unshakeable faith for something that He has planned for you. Look at many of the people in the Bible who suffered greatly until God used them for His glory.
Big Book - Credible Catholic

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Always identify your target!

Well, tell the pilots that. With the confusion between the troops there about what they're supposed to do, and why they're there, many of them might be just going around shooting people and blowing up buildings for the fun of it. Some of the videos look exactly that way. A tank going down the street and suddenly swerving to intentionally run over a car, another one where tanks were randomly firing multiple rounds into a high-rise building, planes firing on civilians who are evacuating, a tank firing one shell after another into a car driving down the street.
As much as we dislike Putin, I highly doubt his orders were to go around shooting random civilians, or running them over with tanks. Those things don't achieve any objective. Some soldiers obviously wanted to kill people, and now they have their chance. Maybe it's because some of their buddies have been killed in fighting. Who knows?
The bottom line is that many of these Russian soldiers don't seem to care who they're killing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I doubt the fighter pilots were able to take an inventory of exactly who was in the building.

There is a simple principle in police use of force: "If you don't know who is in ____ don't shoot at it." That would seem to apply here. It had been a hospital for a very long time.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is a simple principle in police use of force: "If you don't know who is in ____ don't shoot at it." That would seem to apply here. It had been a hospital for a very long time.

There's a difference between American police and Russian soldiers who probably don't even know why they are there. If some of them could be captured and questioned, we might actually find out.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There's a difference between American police and Russian soldiers who probably don't even know why they are there. If some of them could be captured and questioned, we might actually find out.

If they don't have a proper target list then they are incompetent or just don't care what they hit. If they targeted that hospital under some false claim of military use...

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If they don't have a proper target list then they are incompetent or just don't care what they hit. If they targeted that hospital under some false claim of military use...

I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around. Putin for ordering the invasion, Russian officers who are misinformed or even spiteful, soldiers who may be just having fun or getting revenge, pilots who empty their bomb loads somewhere so they don't return to base with their bombs and get questioned as to why.
Perhaps someday things will become clearer.
If things go nuclear, the problems of the present will be quickly forgotten.

Upvote 0