MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell Blatantly Lies To Two Congressmen About American Media’s Coverage Of Hospital Bombing

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Well that's too bad.
Not bad at all. The OP title claimed Mitchell lied, and that is untrue.
The NY Times is taking this VERY seriously:

pay wall....I can't say anything about the Times on this matter, whether they are taking what Mitchell said seriously or not. It is not the topic here. MSNBC is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well that's too bad.

The NY Times is taking this VERY seriously:

I'm glad that they're able to take a step back and be self-critical. It's a sign of a reputable news agency.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
pay wall....I can't say anything about the Times on this matter, whether they are taking what Mitchell said seriously or not.
The article is an editorial note that basically says they could have done a better job of qualifying the statements that they published.

Here's a no-paywall version if you want to read the whole thing: Editors’ Note: Gaza Hospital Coverage

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not bad at all. The OP title claimed Mitchell lied, and that is untrue.
She actually did try and brush it off by saying:

"Not most of the American media. We’re talking about media in the Arab world,” Mitchell said."

...She tried shifting the blame off American media and onto "the Arab world"

But now we see the NY Times saying something else. And I can appreciate their integrity.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

"Not most of the American media. We’re talking about media in the Arab world,” Mitchell said."

But now we see the NY Times saying something else. And I can appreciate their integrity.
I'd point out that "We could have done a better job of qualifying these statements" is not the same as "We took Hamas's word for it"

• Agree
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

It is still irrelevant and off topic.. The NY Times has little to nothing to do with this thread and the discussion of Mitchell and MSNBC.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is still irrelevant and off topic.. The NY Times has little to nothing to do with this thread and the discussion of Mitchell and MSNBC.
The topic is larger than what you're claiming.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The topic is larger than what you're claiming.
No, I am going off the OP. I thought off topic posts were not allowed.

Apparently, the off topic issue does not apply to staff as it does to the rest of us.

"Who takes MSNBC seriously? I thought that the Left just watched if for entertainment, much like a football game."

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I am going off the OP. I thought off topic posts were not allowed.

Apparently, the off topic issue does not apply to staff as it does to the rest of us.
Go ahead and report me then, if you feel like it's that big of a deal.

...I thought it was a fit.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
'Gaza’s Hamas-run Health Ministry blamed an Israeli airstrike'.

It was an official Hamas claim. It wasn't some random intern. For heaven's sake...
For heaven's sake it was Hamas, not a source for truth at all. These people are sadistic murderers and rapists of children, and old women, and you speak as though they should be trusted?

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,038.00
Faith
Atheist
For heaven's sake it was Hamas, not a source for truth at all. These people are sadistic murderers and rapists of children, and old women, and you speak as though they should be trusted?
NO. The point is that was that the headline did NOT lie. It was a report about what Hamas was saying. Sheesh.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
NO. The point is that was that the headline did NOT lie. It was a report about what Hamas was saying. Sheesh.
Sheesh what games. While downplaying or not report what Israel was saying? And even if they reported what each side said equally would have made these lying manipulative murdering terrorists Equal. They are not. But liberal media doing that is no surprise, It is the same MO for both.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sheesh what games. While downplaying or not report what Israel was saying? And even if they reported what each side said equally would have made these lying manipulative murdering terrorists Equal. They are not. But liberal media doing that is no surprise, It is the same MO for both.

You do realize that Israel may not give their version of events immediately?
We've seen Hamas make immediate claims (another reason to suspect them) and Israel responds hours later.
Obviously, any news organization is going to report in real time, what x source is saying.
It's up to us, the news consumers, to evaluate cited source and make our own evaluation.
If any one is playing games, it's right wing media ignoring the timelines and sequence of events so they can make some attention grabbing headline that x news organization is in lying.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You do realize that Israel may not give their version of events immediately?
Yes. Plus Israel is not going to publish anything which endangers what they are doing either.
Why can't news organizations ACT in a manner that also understands that.
We've seen Hamas make immediate claims (another reason to suspect them) and Israel responds hours later.
Yes. It is a method of operating, to manipulate information. We see it in the media, politics, and even the media here.
Obviously, any news organization is going to report in real time, what x source is saying.
It was not treated equal and balanced. They handled it as though Israel had bombed the hospital, because Hamas said so. That sadly is how the dialogue is set up these days. EVERYTHING is handled that way now. They did not say They had not confirmed any facts to their claims, nor did they offer evidence of their claims.
It's up to us, the news consumers, to evaluate cited source and make our own evaluation.
And that is what is happening. Many have chosen to take these news sources with a grain of salt.
If any one is playing games, it's right wing media ignoring the timelines and sequence of events so they can make some attention grabbing headline that x news organization is in lying.
Again Consider the source.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,096.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What are you on about? The point was that it was reported that Hamas said these things. It wasn't reported that 'these things are true because Hamas said so.' How was it possible to misinterpret the point being made?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,096.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It was not treated equal and balanced. They handled it as though Israel had bombed the hospital, because Hamas said so.
It that's what you understood from the reports then any further discussion is pointless.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What are you on about?
It that's what you understood from the reports then any further discussion is pointless.
O course it is.
The point was that it was reported that Hamas said these things. It wasn't reported that 'these things are true because Hamas said so.' How was it possible to misinterpret the point being made?
Hamas lies. They murder and rape kids, burn people alive. Who cares what they say. They need to be taken out

Upvote 0