✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, was a lite hearted reference to Pauls statement:
"I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able."

LOL! Sorry. Thank you for clarifying it, Raymond. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know the 10 commandments command us not to bear false witness against our neighbor but what about other lies?

Revelation 21:8 says ALL liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire.
We are technically not under the Old Covenant contractually speaking. Only 9 out of the 10 commandments have been repeated in the New Covenant or New Contract (Note: The 4th command, the Saturday Sabbath has not been repeated in the NT). The Torah (the five books of Moses) was given to Israel. There can be useful things (certain commands, truths, precepts, etc.) that still apply for the Christian who is under the New Covenant, but there are many things (many commands) in the OT that no longer apply. We are under a New Covenant, with New Commands.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are technically not under the Old Covenant contractually speaking. Only 9 out of the 10 commandments have been repeated in the New Covenant or New Contract (Note: The 4th command, the Saturday Sabbath has not been repeated in the NT). The Torah (the five books of Moses) was given to Israel. There can be useful things (certain commands, truths, precepts, etc.) that still apply for the Christian who is under the New Covenant, but there are many things (many commands) in the OT that no longer apply. We are under a New Covenant, with New Commands.
Thanks Jason

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yet Abraham lied... Guess he's not saved and will be thrown into the Lake of Fire then right...? Or what about others who lied for righteous reasons...? (BTW, Abraham's lying was not for righteous reasons at all)... (It was to save his own skin)... (and he kind of threw Sarah his wife under the bus for it as well)... But, he's going to the Lake of Fire to burn in hell eternally forever and ever without any mercy or forgiveness (and I would add any "true justice") right...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes but is it against our neighbor or for him?
Who is our neighbor...? What about God or our own selves...?

And, Lying for them is almost always lying against them, whether we fully realize that or not... However there are some very few exceptions I think... Seem to be some in the scriptures...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who is our neighbor...? What about God or our own selves...?

And, Lying for them is almost always lying against them, whether we fully realize that or not... However there are some very few exceptions I think... Seem to be some in the scriptures...

God Bless!

Who is our neighbor...?
The Good samaritan story comes to mind.

Seem to be some in the scriptures...

Yes. I must assume they were acting in love which fulfills the law.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who is our neighbor...?

It is written...

29 "But he [the lawyer], willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbor?
30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35 And on the next day when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the innkeeper, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever you spend more, when I come again, I will repay you.
36 Which now of these three, think you, was neighbor unto him that fell among the thieves?
37 And he said, He that showed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do you likewise." (Luke 10:29-37).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The Good samaritan story comes to mind.

Yes, all whom we love or choose to love and have a heart for are our neighbors, and that can include ourselves and or God, and I would say, it is in fact supposed to...

Another way of saying "bearing false witness" is to "not (always, fully) testify to the truth" (always)... the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, before or by, or before someone, anyone were supposed to be loving, which is everyone... And one lie begets another, and even more lies, till we no longer even know "the truth" anymore, at which point we will, more than likely become "self-deceived" at some point, if we keep doing it, when we begin to believe in and follow after our own lies we have made for ourselves eventually...

We should always speak the truth "in love" though...

Yes. I must assume they were acting in love which fulfills the law.

Maybe...?

But what about Rahab (for example), when she lied, was it out of love, or just to "save her own skin", so to speak, or what...? (I don't think the Bible really explains a lot of the, maybe hidden, motivations and/or reasons of the people in a lot of these cases though)...?

In some cases God may want it that way on purpose maybe, maybe so we'll argue and debate about it/them till the end of time maybe, IDK...? But he knows though, he knows "all of this"...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It is written...

29 "But he [the lawyer], willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbor?
30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35 And on the next day when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the innkeeper, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever you spend more, when I come again, I will repay you.
36 Which now of these three, think you, was neighbor unto him that fell among the thieves?
37 And he said, He that showed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do you likewise." (Luke 10:29-37).
No offense but I think "this" (this thread) and things "like this" in other threads) that I am seeing on here a lot lately, is some people "trying to justify themselves", and it's not really about others at all...

I hope I am wrong though, and I will admit I could be, for example this thread might not be someone trying to justify themselves or make themselves look good, or better or superior to and before or in comparison to others, but might just be a genuine question that they were genuinely and maybe innocently thinking and wondering about (for "whatever" reasons) and I hope that is truly genuinely the case and that those reasons are wholly good, just, pure, holy and true (one can hope anyway)...

Just what I think... and I'm sorry if that is offensive to anyone... If so, I ask you to forgive me and I'll try to more merciful and compassionate and less suspicious in the future... If I am wrong...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No offense but I think "this" (this thread) and things "like this" in other threads) that I am seeing on here a lot lately, is some people "trying to justify themselves", and it's not really about others at all...

I hope I am wrong though, and I will admit I could be, for example this thread might not be someone trying to justify themselves or make themselves look good, or better or superior to and before or in comparison to others, but might just be a genuine question that they were genuinely and maybe innocently thinking and wondering about (for "whatever" reasons) and I hope that is truly genuinely the case and that those reasons are wholly good, just, pure, holy and true (one can hope anyway)...

Just what I think... and I'm sorry if that is offensive to anyone...

God Bless!

What do you think the Parable of the Good Samaritan is trying to say?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you think the Parable of the Good Samaritan is trying to say?
Sorry, Jason, I know I quoted your post, but it was directly directed at you and definitely not directed at you personally, I hope you don't take it that way...

I was mainly responding to the parable and how at the very beginning it says, he was willing or was wanting to "justify himself", and that provoked some thoughts is all...

As for the parable, I think it basically means that we are to have compassion, love and mercy on, or upon everyone basically, and that our love not be without mercy "ever"... That we have this kind of (genuinely heartfelt) mercy, love and compassion even on strangers and foreigners, and whomever our "heart goes out to" (as they say), and to do that perfectly it should be happening always, along our way, especially those in desperate or dire need always, I mean all the time and every single time always, and it should always be backed with our actions every single time and always... Like the man in the parable and how he took care of the other man... "always" though, or you/we fail...

Cause that's only if were/your "perfect" though...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, Jason, I know I quoted your post, but it was directly directed at you and definitely not directed at you personally, I hope you don't take it that way...

I was mainly responding to the parable and how at the very beginning it says, he was willing or was wanting to "justify himself", and that provoked some thoughts is all...

As for the parable, I think it basically means that we are to have compassion, love and mercy on, or upon everyone basically, and that our love not be without mercy "ever"... That we have this kind of (genuinely heartfelt) mercy, love and compassion even on strangers and foreigners, and whomever our "heart goes out to" (as they say), and to do that perfectly it should be happening always, along our way, especially those in desperate or dire need always, I mean all the time and every single time always, and it should always be backed with our actions every single time and always...

That's only if were/your "perfect" though...

God Bless!
My apologies friend, i misunderstood.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0