Is it Ever OK to Lie? Is It a Question Involving Priorities?

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Who then can be saved from the lake of fire ?
Anyone found in the book of life on the last day.

The false trinity are not in the book of life.
Those who support the false trinity/Antichrist in the end times are either removed from the book or are the few who were never in the book of life. I can't remember and can't find it.
Those whose names were removed from the book of life because they died without Christ.
[Psa 69:28 KJV] 28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.​
Those whose names were not found in the book of life. These might be the supporters of the Anti Christ during the end times.
[Rev 20:15 KJV] 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.​
Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who then can be saved from the lake of fire ?
2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it not straight forward, that all men are liars and Jesus Christ came for a purpose then, which nobody else could fulfil, to bear witness to the truth for us to not believe in a lie any more.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also while we are on the subject of the truth, this is found out by trying the spirits, whether they are the spirit of error, or the Spirit of truth.

The antichrist cannot confess Christ because they are unaware of the mystery of godliness, unaware of God manifest in the flesh, unaware of God justified in the Spirit, do not believe He was seen of angels, do not believe in the preaching unto the Gentiles, that He was believed on in the world, nor do they have awareness that He was received up to glory.

The antichrist speaks of the world, and the world hears them. Those of God, speak of God.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Look at the testimony continued here by John, it reveals what the antichrist is, John tells of the manifested love of God to send HIs Son so we can live. For the Son of God to be forgiveness for our sins. We are then exhorted to love, as this is what God did for us, and when we love this is God dwelling in us, HIs perfect love too, ( there would be no other) and we know this because of God giving us HIs Holy Spirit, not that spirit of error who speaks f the word and not of the love of God as the apostles of the Lord testify, they saw and they testify that the Father sent the Son to be Saviour of the world, for this to be confessed and believing that Jesus is the Son of God, for God to dwell in us and we to be in God.

1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 LIE NOT ONE TO ANOTHER, SEEING THAT YE HAVE PUT OFF THE OLD MAN WITH HIS DEEDS;
10 And have PUT ON THE NEW MAN, which is RENEWED IN KNOWLEDGE AFTER THE IMAGE OF HIM THAT CREATED HIM
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things PUT IN CHARITY, which is THE BOND OF PERFECTNESS.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Your not engaging in the discussion your just avoiding my questions.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Rahab had to make a choice between loving a neighbor or lying. Do you believe she made the wrong choice?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rahab did what Rahab could do, what do you think anyone can do without receiving the Holy Spirit by belief in the righteousness of Jesus Christ rising from the dead..

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The flaw in your words is that Rahab had no Spirit of truth, so how can one tell the truth without it...

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Again you didn’t answer the questions you just avoided them.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
All lying falls broadly under the Eight Commandment....Bearing false witness against your neighbor.

I never noticed that before - "bearing false witness against"
If you are lying to Nazis to save Jews in your cellar, you are not bearing false witness against them, you are bearing false witness for them.

Upvote 0

Sunflower39

Anglican
Aug 23, 2023
UK
✟22,287.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This often plays on my mind. I work with people with dementia in a nursing home and I often lie to them so they don’t get distressed. For example, a lot of them forget where they are and think they are somewhere else and I often go along with their reality. If I tell them they’re wrong, they become upset and distressed. I like to think God would understand in these circumstances?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This often plays on my mind. I work with people with dementia in a nursing home and I often lie to them so they don’t get distressed. For example, a lot of them forget where they are and think they are somewhere else and I often go along with their reality. If I tell them they’re wrong, they become upset and distressed. I like to think God would understand in these circumstances?
Sounds like ou are then lying a lot. That does not sound healthy.

Why would you tell them they are wrong? I would not?
I would ask them how they are doing. What is their day like?
You do not have to enter into their dementia with them.

It sounds like you are saying that you have only two options. Join them in their demintia by lying, or correct them and cause pain. That is really limiting.

Think outside that little box.
Them - Am I at home?
You - You are where people love you! In fact, you are wearing the blouse that someone gave you because they love you very much. It is very pretty.
Them - Where am I?
You - Where would you like to be. I would like to be at the park in the shade on a sunny day. Do you like the shade?...

You are simply refocusing them. Like parents do with children. Redirecting.

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

Sunflower39

Anglican
Aug 23, 2023
UK
✟22,287.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

It sounds like you are saying that you have only two options. Join them in their demintia by lying, or correct them and cause pain. That is really limiting.

Them - Am I at home?
You - You are where people love you! In fact, you are wearing the blouse that someone gave you because they love you very much. It is very pretty.
Them - Where am I?
You - Where would you like to be. I would like to be at the park in the shade on a sunny day. Do you like the shade?...

Peace and Blessings
Hmmm, I’m sorry but you really don’t have a clue about dementia. If only it was that easy.

Upvote 0

Sunflower39

Anglican
Aug 23, 2023
UK
✟22,287.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Them - Am I at home?
Them - Where am I?

Peace and Blessings
Telling them these things would just confuse most of them even more and cause them unnecessary distress. I have worked with people with dementia for 12 years.

Upvote 0

Sunflower39

Anglican
Aug 23, 2023
UK
✟22,287.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I will give you an example - a lady thinks she’s in hospital and thinks she’s going home in the morning. She is happy knowing this, she is settled. She will forget by the morning anyway. Would you tell her that she is there to stay forever? Which will cause her to get angry and upset. Or just go along with what she believes about her going home in the morning? Bearing in mind that she will forget this by the morning and won’t ask about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since all men are liars (in context/ Scripture here)
and

How are any men saved ?
(the disciples (and apostles in NT) once or more times asked Yahshua this same question - "How Then Can WE (apostles and disciples) be SAVED!? "
Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again you didn’t answer the questions you just avoided them.
2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your not engaging in the discussion your just avoiding my questions.
2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rahab had to make a choice between loving a neighbor or lying. Do you believe she made the wrong choice?
The Jews in Judaism believe Rahab to be better than Jesus Christ, that, that way is the truth for them, anyone who follows the path other than Jesus Christ is a thief and a robber.

John 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

The same way that all in Adam die, but all in Christ are made alive.

1 Corinthians 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

By your reasoning, to speak about lying as if it is right, Rahab and David and Solomon, John the baptist, Peter James John, they would not need Jesus Christ to baptise us, to forgive our sins dying for us, to make the new man/creature in Him, which casts off lies, and also follows Jesus Christ in what He testified, to do all perfectly as He did with the Holy Spirit given.

antichrists are found out, answered on all they ask or not.

Upvote 0