Do this with me please... Forget everything you know and put your thinking caps on OK...?

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyway, John 17:22- "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one."
God says in the OT that He will share His glory with no one, but here it says we are now, in Christ, sharers in that glory, that They have, or the glory of God now, in and with Christ, ect… God Bless!

Just as with the "mind" of Christ this passage/verse is referring to "being one" in purpose, aim, and plan thus surrendered to God's will. Contrast with John 17:24 - the passage speaks of the present not the future... believers then have God's glory/Spirit of Christ/Holy Spirit within them striving towards holiness, redeemed, filled with grace so to follow Christ in purpose.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say forget scripture, I said forget what you know for a minute and approach this then go back and apply it to scripture, or what you know of scripture afterwards... Big difference..

If everything known came from scripture, why would anyone be willing to “forget” Him and His Word?

I certainly will not do that and I sincerely hope those who hear/read the truth will not turn away from Him. :yellowheart:

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do this with me please, please... Forget "everything you know or think you know" for a minute OK...? Just everything for a minute, OK...? And put your thinking caps on OK...? I know I may be asking a lot, but just please do this for a minute, OK...?

Now, "think" of the "absolute Highest Entity or Being or God you can think of" OK...? Consider His Omniscience... or that Ones knowing everything from beginning to ending, from the very beginning, or before even making, OK... And I do mean "everything" down it's smallest detail to it's largest OK...? And, also keep in mind that He is the one who created or set all this in motion also, OK...?

Now, what would that One be "like"...? Would He have feelings like ours...? And if so, how would He or that One express them...? Would He even be able to, or be able to show us Himself without "others" maybe just slightly "less than" Himself in "some ways"...? Would be able to do that (show us Himself) without that (others maybe just slightly less than Himself in some ways)...?

Yes, or No...?

Then and now, "Consider"... Consider all of this and let's discuss please... Discuss all of this and all the probabilities and possibilities, and let's all try to all comprehend it all together OK...?

And then, "Discuss"... What do you think...? What are your thoughts and theories...?

And then, finally, how would they fit into and with scripture as just one final note...?

And then, lets's "Discuss" it, OK...?

God Bless!
Neogaia777, the questions that you ask are always so easy to answer. I'm not sure why you get featured on the front page so much. Fortunately, your questions can also be fun to answer, so here goes.

Imagining the highest of beings...
It not really that God is similar to us, but rather, we are similar to him. We have feelings because He has feelings and we are created in his image.

Likewise, he cares about us, in part because he has a caring nature, but also because he created us, and for a purpose. God is interested in seeing his creation-project come to maturity.

Of course, God knows the end from before the beginning, so knowledge is not what he is after, rather God wants a relationship with us once we are fully mature.

Why does he want to create a people for himself? Probably because he is so full of love and glory that he wants someone else to share it with. Perhaps because while God does not need us, he sees that it is not good for God to be alone.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is possible, your just not willing...

It's not possible.
How can you forget or un-know a person; forget everything you've learned and discovered in the last 50+ years, all the times they've helped, rescued, comforted and blessed you?
Is that what you want me to try to forget?

I already explained this... I'm not asking you to just forget Scripture, but "all your preconceived notions and ideas for a minute, and only just for a minute, and then go back to them, ect...

How do I, or you, know what, if anything, is a "preconceived idea" and when it's the truth; the result of study, reading and revelation by the Holy Spirit?

I'm guessing your upset right now, cause you can't find a way to do that,

I'm not upset at all, I'm completely baffled by your post. Not baffled as to how to do it - I've said that's not possible - but why? Why do you want us to forget everything we know about God?
Are you saying that you have some new revelation which we won't understand unless we let go of our "preconceived" ideas? If so, if it doesn't line with Scripture, it's not correct.
Are you saying you want an academic debate about whether we can know, or imagine, God without Scripture? If so, again; not possible.
You say the Trinity is "the key" - we would not even know about the Trinity if it were not for Scripture. And I'm rather surprised you would write such a phrase when you have, previously, written posts saying that the Son is inferior to the Father - suggesting that maybe you're not sure there is a Trinity.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do this with me please, please... Forget "everything you know or think you know" for a minute OK...? Just everything for a minute, OK...? And put your thinking caps on OK...? I know I may be asking a lot, but just please do this for a minute, OK...?

Now, "think" of the "absolute Highest Entity or Being or God you can think of" OK...? Consider His Omniscience... or that Ones knowing everything from beginning to ending, from the very beginning, or before even making, OK... And I do mean "everything" down it's smallest detail to it's largest OK...? And, also keep in mind that He is the one who created or set all this in motion also, OK...?

Now, what would that One be "like"...? Would He have feelings like ours...? And if so, how would He or that One express them...? Would He even be able to, or be able to show us Himself without "others" maybe just slightly "less than" Himself in "some ways"...? Would be able to do that (show us Himself) without that (others maybe just slightly less than Himself in some ways)...?

Yes, or No...?

Then and now, "Consider"... Consider all of this and let's discuss please... Discuss all of this and all the probabilities and possibilities, and let's all try to all comprehend it all together OK...?

And then, "Discuss"... What do you think...? What are your thoughts and theories...?

And then, finally, how would they fit into and with scripture as just one final note...?

God Bless!
Jesus was God, all powerful and all knowing.

Yet Jesus loved us at a depth that is hard to understand. Jesus is the very source of love and gentleness, kindness and compassion.

You all know who God really is!

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, you don't think there is a Way, or that They made a Way, or that Jesus is that Way...?

He came to restore that which was lost, back to how we were made in God's image and likeness in the beginning right...?

You don't think there is a Way...? That God is un-understadable or un-knowable?

Because I just don't know if I believe that or not...?

God Bless!

The WAY is the way to salvation, the way to live, by following Jesus.
The TRUTH is the knowledge about God His WORD and also his creation.
The LIFE is both physical and spiritual. "In Him all things consist" (are held together). That means every atom to the entire universe _ that's the physical part. Thespiritual part is a whole other realm, beyond our four dimensions.
"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. NOW I KNOW IN PART; THEN I SHALL KNOW FULLY, EVEN AS I AM KNOWN." 1 Cor. 13:12
When we are resurrected, given new eternal, extra-dimensional bodies like Jesus, like the angels, it will be a tremendous upgrade. This upgrade will be not just in our physical and spiritual abilities but also our minds, enabling us to fully understand, not like now, dimly. We will see Him face to face, and know Him even as we are known.
So, you must be patient, a little while longer. He gave us enough to know and contemplate, enough to live by.

And let me address something else you seemed to be foggy about. We are made in the image of God. That is not what you see in the mirror everyday. It is our invisible self: mind, emotions, volition, creative talents, etc.; the good about you that will pass on, leaving your flesh behind.
I look forward to that upgrade. We could not contain this amount of information in our minds now. However, I know and understand the basics, especially concerning the New Testament, but there are scholars, pastors that know 100x what I do. So we can know much more and continue to learn. For each individual, God has a plan and will give you what you need, teach you through life what He purposed and planned for YOU. I can't be a Billy Graham or John PAUL II, not even a John MacArthur, I am Ronald. He gave me a certain mental capacity, enough for what He intended for me. I'm just a guy with average Intellegence, a few talents. Some are given more, some less.
Be content with what you have and the Holy Spirit will teach you up until that time you are translated.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The WAY is the way to salvation, the way to live, by following Jesus.
The TRUTH is the knowledge about God His WORD and also his creation.
The LIFE is both physical and spiritual. "In Him all things consist" (are held together). That means every atom to the entire universe _ that's the physical part. Thespiritual part is a whole other realm, beyond our four dimensions.
"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. NOW I KNOW IN PART; THEN I SHALL KNOW FULLY, EVEN AS I AM KNOWN." 1 Cor. 13:12
When we are resurrected, given new eternal, extra-dimensional bodies like Jesus, like the angels, it will be a tremendous upgrade. This upgrade will be not just in our physical and spiritual abilities but also our minds, enabling us to fully understand, not like now, dimly. We will see Him face to face, and know Him even as we are known.
So, you must be patient, a little while longer. He gave us enough to know and contemplate, enough to live by.

And let me address something else you seemed to be foggy about. We are made in the image of God. That is not what you see in the mirror everyday. It is our invisible self: mind, emotions, volition, creative talents, etc.; the good about you that will pass on, leaving your flesh behind.
I look forward to that upgrade. We could not contain this amount of information in our minds now. However, I know and understand the basics, especially concerning the New Testament, but there are scholars, pastors that know 100x what I do. So we can know much more and continue to learn. For each individual, God has a plan and will give you what you need, teach you through life what He purposed and planned for YOU. I can't be a Billy Graham or John PAUL II, not even a John MacArthur, I am Ronald. He gave me a certain mental capacity, enough for what He intended for me. I'm just a guy with average Intellegence, a few talents. Some are given more, some less.
Be content with what you have and the Holy Spirit will teach you up until that time you are translated.
We might, in our glorified bodies, still be bound to space and time, maybe, and God, this God that I speak of, the Father God, might be the sole and only one "beyond" it, and God the Son or Christ would be Him in it, or in this with us maybe, but in our glorified bodies which will be much different, but I think maybe still bound to space, or if not space as we know it now, at the least the passage of time maybe... we may be able to go to other places from Heaven or have access to other places from Heaven, but I think still bound to time or at least the passage of time maybe... Still bound to this creation or this universe or the physical in some ways... But from Heaven though...

But, it's all highly theoretical...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But, it's all highly theoretical..."
No, we have enough in scripture, it is sufficient. The rest we can imagine, the mysteries will be revealed.

We might, in our glorified bodies, still be bound to space and time, maybe, Father God, might be the sole and only one "beyond" it, and God the Son or Christ would be Him in it

First, we will be like Jesus. In His resurrected body, He appeared and disappeared (from the spiritual realm into the physical realm and back), as if through walls and ascended, flying as in having control over gravity. Keep in mind, He had this power before as well, walking on water. So His dead body translated into a spiritual body that (as angels do and have done), appeared in physical form and disappeared. So we won't be bound by space and time, since they are physical dimensions. And we will be in His presence. Remember John's vision of seeing the throne of God with a myriad of angels and twenty elders (who are most likely the twelve apostles and patriarchs like Moses, Elijah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, David, etc. from the OT.
There will be no separation, we will be in heaven, since we are pure, white as snow.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No, we have enough in scripture, it is sufficient. The rest we can imagine, the mysteries will be revealed.

First, we will be like Jesus. In His resurrected body, He appeared and disappeared (from the spiritual realm into the physical realm and back), as if through walls and ascended, flying as in having control over gravity. Keep in mind, He had this power before as well, walking on water. So His dead body translated into a spiritual body that (as angels do and have done), appeared in physical form and disappeared. So we won't be bound by space and time, since they are physical dimensions. And we will be in His presence. Remember John's vision of seeing the throne of God with a myriad of angels and twenty elders (who are most likely the twelve apostles and patriarchs like Moses, Elijah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, David, etc. from the OT.
There will be no separation, we will be in heaven, since we are pure, white as snow.
Still don't know about not being in some kind of space and time still, in some shape or form, beyond our comprehension right now, as to how we could be completely without it in some shape of form right now, being in it, ect... Might be different, but still there or existing in some shape or form for us maybe, ect... But we don't know either...

But yeah, thanks for your words...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Would He be "indifferent" or not...?

Yes.

He would [be perceived to] be [both] indifferent, and involved - which is likely why ancient beliefs looked at their gods as father-mother types (or split them into this): judgmental, wrathful and stern, but empathetic, sympathetic and comforting. The Most High God is like this, and we know that someone can be both "male and female", and still be male (like Adam - image of the Most High God - before he was split into Adam and Eve).

All of the gods running amok in history come from the Most High God, and despite their scathingly abominable ways, they can't help but to mimic and distort the image they have of their Father. That means they will seem like Him with subtle nuances that have the same effect as a little leaven in dough: leads to incredible confusion, darkness and death ultimately.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Like your post, and there are some very good words and theories in there, and good insights into some of the "others" maybe... but, as to your "Yes" about being indifferent, ect...?

How would He show us Himself...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Like your post, and there are some very good words and theories in there, and good insights into some of the "others" maybe... but, as to your "Yes" about being indifferent, ect...?ö

How would He show us Himself...?

God Bless!

Let's assume He didn't do it already with the Redeemer...

He would send an image of Himself in the form we relate to most - a human.

If I wanted to talk to a group of cells in my body, and I wanted the full cellular experience, if I had the power I would (from mitosis) "bare myself" in my body and live the full cell life to understand them. That way, I will know how to perfectly commucate the magnamity of life as a human, the implications for the cells that follow their genetic code (obedience), and what will happen to those who don't (e.g. natural chemotherapy). If I had to, I would die for them because of what my cells mean to me.

Like, if my death as a cell I release something that is pushed through the bloodstream and cures the body - only happening if I die - then I would do it to show the cells that actually follow their genetic code I love them and appreciate them.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Let's assume He didn't do it already with the Redeemer...

He would send an image of Himself in the form we relate to most - a human.

That was the point I was trying to make and shooting for...

Only in Heaven He will be the image of His God the Father, Like God Himself, Just like God Himself, the One seated on the throne that will we see, interact with, ect... And will be our God, King, Ruler, Lord, Priest, ect... The One whom through the Light of the Father will radiate and shine upon us all... Imparting light to us and everything in Heaven, ect...

Thanks,

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Still don't know about not being in some kind of space and time still, in some shape or form, beyond our comprehension right now, as to how we could be completely without it in some shape of form right now, being in it, ect... Might be different, but still there or existing in some shape or form for us maybe, ect... But we don't know either...

But yeah, thanks for your words...

God Bless!
There is form, there are shapes. heaven/paradise is like everything you see on earth, except perfect. So a tree from a distance on earth looks beautiful, maybe with flowers or full of leaves. But as you get closer and examine it, it's got a disease, holes in the leaves from bug infestation. Then even under a microscope, you'll see distortions, defects and flaws, viruses, bacteria, etc. Heaven/ paradise is perfect, so everything, animals as well, will be perfect with more brilliant colors too. Ah, fruit and their flavors. No more biting into a bad fruit and spitting it out because it's spoiled, over-ripe, bruised, or a worm got to it first.
People have had visions of heaven, even claiming they have seen it, been there and aside from the throne, they say it looks just like earth only better. So if you like Yosemite, mountain peaks with a beautiful valley, you'll see that. If you are one that likes a Caribbean or Hawaiian island with beautiful beaches and turquoise water, you'll have it. I can't imagine deserts there although some like them? But you get the point, perfection in all environments. What if you were a skier all your life and that was the most fun activity. When you died, do you think God would say to you, well, sorry, I didn't prepare that kind of climate up here ... no more skiing Charlie? However, I don't think anyone will be disappointed in any way, can't see how - even if they couldn't ski.
Time is a physical dimension. The earth spins, sun appears to rise and set every 24 hours. But someday, the heavens will burn in fervent heat along with the first earth, so there will be no need for sun or moon.
"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." 2 Pet. 3:10
"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea." Rev. 21:1

So time won't be gaged by the sun or moon. Sure I guess a moment to moment, but no more sun or moon or stars. I would imagine, no rest needed or sleep, no nights.

"And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever." Rev. 22:5

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, or No...?

God Bless!
You do know that your description is Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I hope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only in Heaven He will be the image of His God the Father, Like God Himself, Just like God Himself, the One seated on the throne that will we see, interact with, ect...

Jesus is (and always was) God Himself.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus is (and always was) God Himself.
Hey Radagast. I tried to access your profile [and PM ya] to gift ya a lifetime sponsor membership but couldn't. I noticed you weren't a sponsor yet.
It is only $10 right now!

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was the point I was trying to make and shooting for...

Only in Heaven He will be the image of His God the Father, Like God Himself,

Jesus IS God, John 1:1.
Jesus IS the image of his Father, Colossians 1:15, Hebrews 1:3.

That's because he is God and his Father is God; God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Thisis Thend

Feb 10, 2017
united states
✟20,288.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yes, or No...?

God Bless!

Yes, or No...?

God Bless!

Neo,

After glancing through the responses, I don't really see that anyone was willing to take you up on your offer (although I did this very quickly and may have missed something).

I am willing to do so. Your proposition is very intriguing. It puts to mind Albert Einsteins 'thought experiments,' of which he was famous for. This is where he laid aside ANY AND ALL preconceived notions in order to gain a greater or deeper understanding of the subject. Most famous of which I suppose, was his willingness to lay aside the idea or 'obvious' notion that time or ' the passing of time' occurred at a consistent rate.

In defining omnipotence - my idea is that the Creator (God of the Bible), has complete and utter authority over all things. And also, that before there was anything (and I do mean ANYTHING), there was Him (God). So that He created all things. I feel that unless we agree on that, our experiment might be set up to fail from the start. But in reading your thoughts/definition, it looks to me as if we agree.

So, I will proceed with your very first question. What would He be 'like'? Would He have feelings?..., And my answer to this would be NO. Not in the sense that we do, because he would have been the Creator or Architect of 'feelings.' Having constructed them or brought them into being. And then, put them into us, another of His created things. And as such, He Lords over 'feelings.' He controls them. And too, He might use them however He desires to, or make them to be whatever He desires them to be.

What do you think?

Upvote 0