Do this with me please... Forget everything you know and put your thinking caps on OK...?

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do this with me please, please... Forget "everything you know or think you know" for a minute OK...? Just everything for a minute, OK...? And put your thinking caps on OK...? I know I may be asking a lot, but just please do this for a minute, OK...?

Now, "think" of the "absolute Highest Entity or Being or God you can think of" OK...? Consider His Omniscience... or that Ones knowing everything from beginning to ending, from the very beginning, or before even making, OK... And I do mean "everything" down it's smallest detail to it's largest OK...? And, also keep in mind that He is the one who created or set all this in motion also, OK...?

Now, what would that One be "like"...? Would He have feelings like ours...? And if so, how would He or that One express them...? Would He even be able to, or be able to show us Himself without "others" maybe just slightly "less than" Himself in "some ways"...? Would be able to do that (show us Himself) without that (others maybe just slightly less than Himself in some ways)...?

Yes, or No...?

Then and now, "Consider"... Consider all of this and let's discuss please... Discuss all of this and all the probabilities and possibilities, and let's all try to all comprehend it all together OK...?

And then, "Discuss"... What do you think...? What are your thoughts and theories...?

And then, finally, how would they fit into and with scripture as just one final note...?

And then, lets's "Discuss" it, OK...?

God Bless!

If God has an infinite intelligence, which I believe he does, then pondering God becomes futile at some point, since our IQ is so much lower. It's like teaching calculus to a kindergartner and worse, because they don't even have math skills yet. But God skills are something that we can't attain with our human IQ and nature.

It's like asking a human to heal someone or resurrect them or calm the seas or walk on water, or predict the future, or create food or children miraculously and better yet explain how they did it.

So yes I would keep and open mind about God and understand that we can't possibly understand him.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If God has an infinite intelligence, which I believe he does, then pondering God becomes futile at some point, since our IQ is so much lower. It's like teaching calculus to a kindergartner and worse, because they don't even have math skills yet. But God skills are something that we can't attain with our human IQ and nature.

It's like asking a human to heal someone or resurrect them or calm the seas or walk on water, or predict the future, or create food or children miraculously and better yet explain how they did it.

So yes I would keep and open mind about God and understand that we can't possibly understand him.
That's all good and fine, just that except there is just one problem though, and that is, I don't think He would have made Himself (this very great omniscient Father God) "unknowable"...? I think He would have and actually did make a "way" for us to do just that, ect... And since Jesus is called "The Way, and The Truth, and The Life" I think He is the "Key" to this knowing and understanding this God, ect. (see posts #29 through #34)...

I don't think God, or this God in particular, would have made this "knowing Him", even "understanding Him" even, "completely unattainable" for us, in other words... And that Jesus is the Key, ect, limited as we are or might be, ect... I think He, this One, this very, very great God made a Way that is Christ, but then again, well, see those prior posts I mentioned (#29-34)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's all good and fine, just that except there is just one problem though, and that is, I don't think He would have made Himself (this very great omniscient Father God) "unknowable"...? I think He would have and actually did make a "way" for us to do just that, ect... And since Jesus is called "The Way, and The Truth, and The Life" I think He is the "Key" to this knowing and understanding this God, ect. (see posts #29 through #34)...

I don't think God, or this God in particular, would have made this "knowing Him", even "understanding Him" even, "completely unattainable" for us, in other words... And that Jesus is the Key, ect, limited as we are or might be, ect... I think He, this One, this very, very great God made a Way that is Christ, but then again, well, see those prior posts I mentioned (#29-34)...

God Bless!

I read posts 29 & 34 and yes God gave us Jesus to pattern us human children after and in that way we can know God's desire for us. We can know whom God desires us to become. And we have the scriptures and commandments, so in that way we can know whom God desires us to become.

But we still don't have any of the abilities of Jesus unless they're gifted thru the gifts. But then we don't really understand God or how the miracles work.

We do know that God loves us and desires us to be saved :)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I read posts 29 & 34 and yes God gave us Jesus to pattern us human children after and in that way we can know God's desire for us. We can know whom God desires us to become. And we have the scriptures and commandments, so in that way we can know whom God desires us to become.

But we still don't have any of the abilities of Jesus unless they're gifted thru the gifts. But then we don't really understand God or how the miracles work.

We do know that God loves us and desires us to be saved :)
Does that God desire us to become like Him through Jesus or by knowing and understanding Jesus fully, "fully", thereby, knowing and understanding Him or that One "fully"...? (The Father God) (The very great omniscient One) And is there a Way to do that or just that...?

And I'm not talking about powers or abilities, I'm talking about fully knowing Him or fully knowing (and understanding, cause that would be required) "Them"...? Knowing their heart, their mind, their soul...?

Think that is possible...? Think He or They made a Way...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Does that God desire us to become like Him through Jesus or by knowing and understanding Jesus fully, "fully", thereby, knowing and understanding Him or that One "fully"...? (The Father God) (The very great omniscient One) And is there a Way to do that or just that...?

And I'm not talking about powers or abilities, I'm talking about fully knowing Him or fully knowing (and understanding, cause that would be required) "Them"...? Knowing their heart, their mind, their soul...?

Think that is possible...? Think He or They made a Way...?

God Bless!

Honestly? No you can't know Jesus fully. He is God and has in infinite intelligence. That again is like asking a newborn to understand the Parent. But in effect much more drastic in the difference between man and God. We are created in the image of God. And we can understand the human parts of Jesus, but we only understand ourselves then, or rather what humans can become with the gifts from God.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Honestly? No you can't know Jesus fully. He is God and has in infinite intelligence. That again is like asking a newborn to understand the Parent. But in effect much more drastic in the difference between man and God. We are created in the image of God. And we can understand the human parts of Jesus, but we only understand ourselves then, or rather what humans can become with the gifts from God.
So, you don't think there is a Way, or that They made a Way, or that Jesus is that Way...?

He came to restore that which was lost, back to how we were made in God's image and likeness in the beginning right...?

You don't think there is a Way...? That God is un-understadable or un-knowable?

Because I just don't know if I believe that or not...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do this with me please, please... Forget "everything you know or think you know" for a minute OK...? Just everything for a minute, OK...? And put your thinking caps on OK...? I know I may be asking a lot, but just please do this for a minute, OK...?

Sorry; not possible.

And then, finally, how would they fit into and with scripture as just one final note...?

This is one reason why it's not possible.
Scripture reveals God to us. We would know nothing about God were it not for Scripture. We would not know his Son, nor that he came to die for us; we would not even know that there is a Holy Spirit, never mind that he can lead and guide us.
It is true that creation reveals God's glory - we know that because it says so in Scripture.
Scripture also says that God's ways are higher than our ways and his thoughts higher than our thoughts - clearly; he is the Creator and infinite, we are the created and finite.

It would not be possible for us to know, or I believe, even imagine God without Scripture. So asking us to do so is like asking a child to imagine something they know nothing about and then saying "that thing that you've just imagined does actually exist; let's see if what you thought up in your mind fits with the picture of what we actually know that thing to be like."

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, you don't think there is a Way, or that They made a Way, or that Jesus is that Way...?

He came to restore that which was lost, back to how we were made in God's image and likeness in the beginning right...?

God Bless!

The bible teaches us that we will become like and equal to the angels in heaven after the resurrection:

Luke 20:36

and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection.

Matthew 22:30

At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

What you're asking is more of a Mormon teaching to be equal with God. But it does not follow biblical teachings so I lean towards the idea that Joseph Smith was a false prophet.

But Mormons believe they will become equal with God and understand him.

I was LDS for 10 years "Mormon" but got bit by them, and am now shy to accept anything outside the domain of the OT or NT.

God Bless :)

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorry; not possible.
It is possible, your just not willing... Maybe because your afraid or afraid of the truth or something, IDK...? Or are just unwilling to let go for a minute, for "other reasons" ect...

This is one reason why it's not possible.
Scripture reveals God to us. We would know nothing about God were it not for Scripture. We would not know his Son, nor that he came to die for us; we would not even know that there is a Holy Spirit, never mind that he can lead and guide us.
It is true that creation reveals God's glory - we know that because it says so in Scripture.
Scripture also says that God's ways are higher than our ways and his thoughts higher than our thoughts - clearly; he is the Creator and infinite, we are the created and finite.

It would not be possible for us to know, or I believe, even imagine God without Scripture. So asking us to do so is like asking a child to imagine something they know nothing about and then saying "that thing that you've just imagined does actually exist; let's see if what you thought up in your mind fits with the picture of what we actually know that thing to be like."

I already explained this... I'm not asking you to just forget Scripture, but "all your preconceived notions and ideas for a minute, and only just for a minute, and then go back to them, ect...

And then analyze and examine your perceptions with what you found out, or you now know now, ect... and then, (and this is the part you seem to be having trouble with), then, "reconcile them"... I'm guessing your upset right now, cause you can't find a way to do that, but I am telling you, there is a way, and the Trinity is the Key...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God Bless!

We can "know" God to the extent that he has enabled us to do so through our use of reason, which at a point lies in the arena of Faith. Hebrews 11:1 - If we could "know" God "fully" then what is the purpose of Faith? We've been given two books from which we are able, within our limited human faculties, of knowing God to the necessary ability to live by faith.

I would think that we have been adequately supplied with the evidence to support a reasonable faith. We know what God requires of us through faith, We can comprehend to a limited degree his attributes - as noted Aristotle lays out a rational approach to many of what an all powerful singular God attributes must be - and through his word we can understand the meaning of faith through Jesus Christ. We can understand what a believer looks like for by "their fruit you will know them".

If we knew God fully does that not that suggest that we would have the mind of God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The bible teaches us that we will become like and equal to the angels in heaven after the resurrection:

Luke 20:36

and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection.

Matthew 22:30

At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

What you're asking is more of a Mormon teaching to be equal with God. But it does not follow biblical teachings so I lean towards the idea that Joseph Smith was a false prophet.

But Mormons believe they will become equal with God and understand him.

I was LDS for 10 years "Mormon" but got bit by them, and am now shy to accept anything outside the domain of the OT or NT.

God Bless :)
Well, I'm not a Mormon, so... And that's not what I believe or am saying either, ect...

Jesus said we would be like them though, and one with them, as they are one with each other, ect...

Try reading the Gospel of John sometime...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

We can "know" God to the extent that he has enabled us to do so through our use of reason, which at a point lies in the arena of Faith. Hebrews 11:1 - If we could "know" God "fully" then what is the purpose of Faith? We've been given two books from which we are able, within our limited human faculties, of knowing God to the necessary ability to live by faith.

I would think that we have been adequately supplied with the evidence to support a reasonable faith. We know what God requires of us through faith, We can comprehend to a limited degree his attributes - as noted Aristotle lays out a rational approach to many of what an all powerful singular God attributes must be - and through his word we can understand the meaning of faith through Jesus Christ. We can understand what a believer looks like for by "their fruit you will know them".

If we knew God fully does that not that suggest that we would have the mind of God?

Scriptures says we are to have "the mind of Christ"...?

And this statement: "We know what God requires of us through faith"...?

Could you maybe please tell me and tell us "all of what this all is" maybe perhaps maybe...?

Like your post though, thanks for it...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I'm not a Mormon, so... And that's not what I believe or am saying either, ect...

Jesus said we would be like them though, and one with them, as they are one with each other, ect...

Try reading the Gospel of John sometime...?

God Bless!

I've read the Book of Mormon the Doctrine and Covenants, the Old Testament and New Testament sever times. And I read the Gospels more than that. Never have I heard the idea you're presenting here. Except in Mormon literature.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I've read the Book of Mormon the Doctrine and Covenants, the Old Testament and New Testament sever times. And I read the Gospels more than that. Never have I heard the idea you're presenting here. Except in Mormon literature.
Here is just what I can find right now, but I know there is a few more, but I've got to stop for a while soon, or for now anyway...

Anyway, John 17:22- "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one."

God says in the OT that He will share His glory with no one, but here it says we are now, in Christ, sharers in that glory, that They have, or the glory of God now, in and with Christ, ect...

God Bless!

• Informative
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh come on, why not...?

And if not, could you tell me "exactly why not" maybe...? Or what it is exactly that you won't or don't or refuse to "exactly" ect...?

God Bless!

Because we have the Word of God from God, we don't need to speculate, and quite honestly I don't think He wants us TO speculate. His Word contains everything He wants us to know about Him.

We can ... and do ... discuss scriptures and there are various interpretations of those, and that's ok ... one can only put forth what they have studied out ... and what they believe ... and that's what we discuss ... sometimes we agree, sometimes we disagree and sometimes we agree to disagree.

Each of us has a individual relationship with the Lord and He knows what is in the heart.

Romans 14:12
So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here is just what I can find right now, but I know there is a few more, but I've got to stop for a while soon, or for now anyway...

Anyway, John 17:22- "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one."

God says in the OT that He will share His glory with no one, but here it says we are now, in Christ, sharers in that glory, that They have, or the glory of God now, in and with Christ, ect...

God Bless!

Somehow I read that differently. Like man as one is everyone following the same bible teachings, and God being as one is creating the universe and commanding the elements and Commanding the children of God and such.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scriptures says we are to have "the mind of Christ"...?

What is the mind of Christ? Does John 5:17-20, Philippians 2:5–8 give light to this, and then 1 Cor. 2:5-16 sets for the "mind" of Christ.

And this statement: "We know what God requires of us through faith"...? Could you maybe please tell me and tell us "all of what this all is" maybe perhaps maybe...?

Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Matt. 22:37, Galatians 5:22, and many other passages...Hebrews 11 gives an overview on Faith. Consider Romans 11:33-36, Isaiah 55:8-9, or Ecc. 3:11 as to our "knowing God fully".

You wrote "I'm guessing your upset right now, cause you can't find a way to do that, but I am telling you, there is a way, and the Trinity is the Key..."

Your turn...enlighten us as to the "way".

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You make me laugh, you are so inquisitive, so controversial to the point of getting booted and your threads are so unlike any others.:) Can anyone attest to this?

For me God being Omniscient answers all your questions He is like no other. He has no thoughts or actions like ares. The only thing that makes us a little like him is our love. He never sins, hates, lies, etc.

• Agree
Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am trying to raise our concept of God to "more than what He has revealed Himself to be", in the past and in times past, ect...
The way that God has revealed Himself in the scriptures to be is the highest imaginable God I could possibly imagine (redundant, I know).

By the way (and no offense meant:)) is English your first language?

The way you say things quite often doesn't make a lot of sense and that's not just in this thread - I mean pretty much everywhere you post.

By the way - what you are suggesting we do is a lot like what R.C. Sproal did mid seminary. He went on to major in philosophy and then took what he had learned through that study and compared it to the scriptures and used it as a ministry teaching tool most of his life.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0