Do any of you deny that we are polluting our Earth to the point of "damaging" it...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Do any of you deny that we are polluting our Earth to the point of "damaging" it...?

I mean in general or generally speaking...? Are we, or humanity as whole, or as a collectively as a species, etc, globally and worldwide, polluting an/or damaging our earth, to the point of damaging it, or maybe even possibly permanently damaging it or not...?

BTW, I dare any of you to say "not at all" either... or that it's not happening "at all", "ever", etc...? Or that it's not, or should not be, "an important issue on the table right now", etc...?

While it is true that most people are promoting their own agenda's on this, and are trying to make money off it "on both sides" also, etc, from those deny it at all, to those who are inflating an/or blowing it up possibly, and maybe a little bit out of proportion maybe, possibly, etc, (anyway), but, the "real facts is", and the "real facts are", that we are still damaging our planet right now, maybe very much damaging it, etc, and it/that is what needs to be discussed, etc, not that it's not happening at all, but really "how much" really, and "how bad" right now, etc...?

Either way, we are still polluting our earth to the point of damaging it, maybe seriously damaging it, and maybe even to the point of "irreparably", or "ir-repair-ably" damaging it, etc... Like I said, IDK, and that is what needs to be discussed, etc, not that it's not happening "at all", but how much, and how bad, and how fast, really...? Or is really happening, or are we doing it, etc...? And we need "neutral perspectives" on this, etc... Not "biased" either way, etc, or that are not trying to promote, or else deny, some kind of, hidden or otherwise, "agenda", etc... and we most definitely do not need any kind of people who are trying to make "money" off of it either way, either, etc... Since this is happening on "both sides", etc...

We (humanity in general) are still being very irresponsible as a species when it comes to our entire planet, etc... And mostly for "money", etc, and/or "convenience", etc... Or conveniences that make money despite the environmental impact(s), etc... and this is also why some want to flat out deny it is happening at all and want to convince others it doesn't exist at all, etc...

Anyway, but, the "real truth is" the "damage" is happening, etc... but, how bad really, etc...? and what must we do or start doing to slow it down or make it stop, etc...? Do we need to do something "right now", or do we have some "time", etc... Just "what" and "how drastic of steps" do we need to take and/or be taking and/or implementing right now, etc, and into the future, etc...?

And what happens if, collectively as a planet, if we do "absolutely nothing about it at all right now", etc...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Reactions: AvisG

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are probably doing so, but I don't think that we can fix that problem anymore than we can end human-to-human crime. (We can police it, but with limited effect.)

It will not change substantially until the Thearchy.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We are probably doing so, but I don't think that we can fix that problem anymore than we can end human-to-human crime. (We can police it, but with limited effect.)

It will not change substantially until the Thearchy.
We could "take steps" but almost nobody wants to though, for various "reasons", most of them very selfish and self-serving, etc...

But, as for basically saying that we are or may "doomed" all the way around right now, until the Thearchy, etc, I do have to agree with that most of the time, etc...

But does that mean we shouldn't "try" at all, etc...?

And if we were to "try", what issues are the "most pressing ones" that need to be addressed "right now and/or immediately right now", etc, and with those issues, or "all those", or "all of all the issues in general", etc, well, basically, how should both prioritize and address them, and "all of them", right now, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I live in Mississippi and do not travel so, if i have not seen this personally. So that leaves having to take a lying world ( gov politician, scientist, media), word on this. So i would have to say i do not know and i am not willing to trust liars.

But i do know God has this earths end reserved for fire, so life will continue on till that time is reached.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We could "take steps" but almost nobody wants to though, for various "reasons", most of them very selfish and self-serving, etc...

But, as for basically saying that we are or may "doomed" all the way around right now, until the Thearchy, etc, I do have to agree with that most of the time, etc...

But does that mean we shouldn't "try" at all, etc...?

And if we were to "try", what issues are the "most pressing ones" that need to be addressed "right now and/or immediately right now", etc, and with those issues, or "all those", or "all of all the issues in general", etc, well, basically, how should both prioritize and address them, and "all of them", right now, etc...?

God Bless!
I think we need to take a step back and get back to "square one" right now, etc...

Like, let's put "all the issues facing our nation and our world" all "on the table right now", etc, and then, figure out which issues are the "most pressing ones" that need to be addressed "right now and/or immediately right now", etc, and then, with those issues, or "all those", or "all of all the issues in general", etc, well, then basically figure out how should both prioritize and address them, etc, and "all of them", right now, etc...?

And also "consider where some issues intersect and/or even conflict" maybe also, and be very sure to "consider that in all our considering" as well and/or also, etc...

And figure some things out, or pound some things out, etc, with no politics or political bias, etc, and not by people with either very obvious, or otherwise hidden agendas, etc, or people wanting to make money, etc, or get or gain fame, wealth, or fortune or popularity, etc...

And let's "end or put a stop to the insanity" and "figure some things out already", etc...

Anyway, that's my idea or my take anyway, etc...

These "dangling carrots" by politics or politicians and/or the news media, etc, or by individual people with there own, obvious or otherwise, "bias" and/or agenda's, etc, are really...? well... let's just say, (since I can't say "other things" on this forum), really "getting under my skin" so to speak, or put it, or to say the least, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This planet will not be destroyed by humans.

We can destroy our living environment to make it unpleasant or not suitable for such amount of people there is today, but it will not be the end.
We do have the power or capability now to destroy it to the point of it's not, or no longer being capable of supporting life at all anymore, etc... or for a very, very long time at least, etc...

If the nations go to war over this "garbage", or "nonsense", etc...

Or, if we either destroy our atmosphere through pollution, etc, or other "irresponsibilities" etc, (not having enough forests or trees, etc) or "burn it off" by "other means", etc... ("war", etc)...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
We do have the power or capability now to destroy it to the point of it's not, or no longer being capable of supporting life at all anymore, etc... or for a very, very long time at least, etc...

If the nations go to war over this "garbage", or "nonsense", etc...

Or, if we either destroy our atmosphere through pollution, etc, or "burn it off" by "other means", etc... "war", etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
There is no prophecy in the Bible saying that we will destroy life on this planet.

I am not sure it is even technically possible, there will always be some spots with surviving people, even in the case of a global nuclear war.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There is no prophecy in the Bible saying that we will destroy life on this planet.

I am not sure it is even technically possible, there will always be some spots with surviving people, even in the case of a global nuclear war. You cannot nuke every submarine, every island, every underground cave.
If we permanently burn off or destroy the atmosphere, the earth would not capable of supporting life anymore, etc, or at least, not for a very, very long time, etc...

Now do I think God will let that or allow that to happen, no I don't, not personally, but we are "capable" of it now, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If we permanently burn off or destroy the atmosphere, the earth would not capable of supporting life anymore, etc, or at least, not for a very, very long time, etc...

Now do I think God will let that or allow that to happen, no I don't, not personally, but we are "capable" of it now, etc...

God Bless!
Again, there is no biblical prophecy about it. And I think that if this is the case, there would be some.

"The worst case scenario" is if you want to take Revelation literally, is about 1/3 of dead people on land, 1/3 on seas etc., "only". So the majority will live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Again, there is no biblical prophecy about it. And I think that if this is the case, there would be some.

"The worst case scenario" is if you want to take Revelation literally, is about 1/3 of dead people, "only".
I just said were "capable of it" is all...

Now do I hope for some kind of divine intervention before then, or before that happens or becomes a serious problem or issue, yes I do, but just saying if it doesn't, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I just said were "capable of it" is all...

Now do I hope for some kind of divine intervention before then, or before that happens or becomes a serious problem or issue, yes I do, but just saying if it doesn't, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
I think God will protect His and our planet, from our own sickness and/or disease, if it gets to the point of threatening it, or doing "that kind of, or level of damage", etc...

Or at least I hope He will, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I think God will protect His and our planet, from our own sickness and/or disease, if it gets to the point of threatening it, or doing "that kind of, or level of damage", etc...

Or at least I hope He will, etc...

God Bless!
"King's heart" is in His hand, everybody does only what He allows.

We can sleep with peace. Alarmism is not our style.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"King's heart" is in His hand, everybody does only what He allows.

And He may have both created us for this, or to get to this point, just to step in at a time of His choosing and purposing and/or deciding and/or chooses to, to save or spare us, some of us anyway, from it, etc, "who knows", right...?

We can sleep with peace. Alarmism is not our style.

Agreed, "believers" should be able to sleep with peace, etc...

But I wonder if God will judge some of us for being "not responsible" or "irresponsible" in the meantime, or during our lifetime, in these times or not, though...?

Doesn't He say He will destroy or put to ruin, (judge, etc) those ruining the earth, etc...?

God Bless![/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And He may have both created us for this, or to get to this point, just to step in at a time of His choosing and purposing and/or deciding and/or chooses to, to save or spare us, some of us anyway, from it, etc, "who knows", right...?

Agreed, "believers" should be able to sleep with peace, etc...

But I wonder if God will judge some of us for being "not responsible" or "irresponsible" in the meantime, or during our lifetime, in these times or not, though...?

Doesn't He say He will destroy or put to ruin, (judge, etc) those ruining the earth, etc...?

God Bless!
You as an individual cannot do much about nuclear bombs or similar.

You can minimize your environmental fingerprint, thats what you can do - do not use a car, eat more healthy and efficiently, do not buy useless things, care about animals and nature in your neighbourhood. What else can you do? The rest is on God.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

You can minimize your environmental fingerprint, thats what you can do - do not use a car, eat more healthy and efficiently, do not buy useless things, care about animals and nature in your neighbourhood. What else can you do? The rest is on God.
I 100% completely agree, also "recycle, reuse, reduce", etc...

Promote and encourage those kinds of things in others, etc...

I don't drive BTW, mainly because I can't anymore, etc, but limiting it would be good for others, etc, also what both you and I just mentioned, etc...

I'm trying and endeavoring to my best in these things, etc...

God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: solid_core
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I 100% completely agree, also "recycle, reuse, reduce", etc...

Promote and encourage those kinds of things in others, etc...

I don't drive BTW, mainly because I can't anymore, etc, but limiting it would be good for others, etc, also what both you and I just mentioned, etc...

I'm trying and endeavoring to my best in these things, etc...

God Bless!

We can each try our best to do our part each individually, and in our own neighborhoods and communities, then try to get the corporate world to do their part corporately, and the government, etc, then try to get other nations and their individuals and corporations and governments to do their part globally, etc, and all that really matters in the end is that we "try" and do our best to do our parts, etc, succeed or fail, I still think God will look upon us kindly if we "try our best to try our best", basically, and not be a major part of the problem globally, etc...

But it has to all start with individuals each individually, etc...

But I'm not an "extremist", but there are some very simple things we can do right now that will "help", etc, teach our children to do and be mindful of, etc, for their own future, etc...

Not saying we should have to "sacrifice everything and all for the environment" IOW's, just that some "compromises" should be reached and made, etc... Just be socially responsible people, and "reasonably responsible people" when it comes to the environment, etc, and if we all can do this collectively, maybe it will be "enough", etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the rural south plain old trash is more of a problem than air pollution. The use of disposable everything is making it worse. We were recycling plastics and newsprint everywhere but now my city has curb side recycling, but many of the cities around here no longer provide it. Dumping needs to be addressed around here. You basically can't go anywhere outdoors without seeing stuff just dumped. And it is only going to get worse with less recycling and more stuff that is sold in disposable packaging. Take water for example. People around here buy it by the case, or should I say, several cases at a time. Then they just throw away all those bottles.

As for driving, in the rural US, not driving is not a good option at all. We have no real public transportation and most services and jobs are miles away from the homes. If you don't drive, you have to have someone drive you around. When you have to drive ten to twenty miles to go to anything, Uber or a taxi are just not affordable.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
We're not damaging the earth. What we are doing is causing earth to damage us. Everything we throw away ends up on our plates.

Like.. literally. If you're reading this, you're currently digesting plastic.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In the rural south plain old trash is more of a problem than air pollution. The use of disposable everything is making it worse. We were recycling plastics and newsprint everywhere but now my city has curb side recycling, but many of the cities around here no longer provide it. Dumping needs to be addressed around here. You basically can't go anywhere outdoors without seeing stuff just dumped. And it is only going to get worse with less recycling and more stuff that is sold in disposable packaging. Take water for example. People around here buy it by the case, or should I say, several cases at a time. Then they just throw away all those bottles.

As for driving, in the rural US, not driving is not a good option at all. We have no real public transportation and most services and jobs are miles away from the homes. If you don't drive, you have to have someone drive you around. When you have to drive ten to twenty miles to go to anything, Uber or a taxi are just not affordable.
Yes, there are "a lot" or problems, in my own community as well, but probably only the best thing we can do, is just do our best each individually first, and then reach out and try to change things in our own communities and other individuals each individually, etc, get our own communities to make it easier for us to do our parts, etc, then reach our statewide and governmentally and/or corporately, etc, then nationally, etc, then globally and worldwide, etc...

But start with ourselves and our own communities first, etc, and it doesn't have to perfect, at least not at first, or at the start, but we should each be starting "somewhere", and be doing our parts to be trying to be doing "something", or "some things" anyway, at the start anyway, etc, then reach out or work out outwardly from there, etc...

If your community doesn't have or provide recycling, then that would be a good place to start, then as they say, for your own individual part, do your best to "recycle, reduce, and reuse", "best you can right now", etc, and some things are necessary, so it doesn't have to be perfect, and I'm not telling you to feel bad about those things, but eliminating some or many of the unnecessary things (and waste) would be a good start, or good place to attempt to start, etc... Then, later on, work out from there, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0