✟301,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Jokes, cute, but I am being serious...

So am I. There is a disturbing lack of knowledge about the border including the tidal mechanism. ("Tides go in. Tides go out. How do you explain that." Bill O'Reilly, supergenius)

Most other countries have already realized that you can't just let everybody in, you just can't, etc, no matter what your heart feels or what your heart says or tells you, etc, and I am trying to address that, etc, but you guys don't seem to want to know or face anything other than your own political leanings, etc, it's very very sad really, because that seems to be everybody now on both and/or all sides, etc, well, I don't have one, etc, and all I know is that I hear that we are having an immigration crisis, and I think there is or may be some truth to that, and so I think it needs to be addressed, etc, and you seem to think it doesn't...

It would really help if you went back to elementary school and learned how sentences start and stop. It is difficult to parse and respond to a run-on sentence that never actually ends.

If someone is telling you there is an "immigration crisis" then I would stop listening to them since they are clearly a nativist bigot making immigration itself the "crisis". There are many issues involving non-citizens and our border. They fall under a variety of policy items that are often not well discussed and you haven't actually addressed yet. The solutions are not simple and we do ourselves no favors by pretending they are.

• Winner
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So am I. There is a disturbing lack of knowledge about the border including the tidal mechanism. ("Tides go in. Tides go out. How do you explain that." Bill O'Reilly, supergenius)

It would really help if you went back to elementary school and learned how sentences start and stop. It is difficult to parse and respond to a run-on sentence that never actually ends.

If someone is telling you there is an "immigration crisis" then I would stop listening to them since they are clearly a nativist bigot making immigration itself the "crisis". There are many issues involving non-citizens and our border. They fall under a variety of policy items that are often not well discussed and you haven't actually addressed yet. The solutions are not simple and we do ourselves no favors by pretending they are.
So you are saying you are unable to educate me then?

As far as I can tell, it seems to be a decision between none or all right now depending on a person's own political leanings by their own political leanings or party lines, etc, but no other country just let's everybody in, etc, and most of the time, it's because they say that they just can't do that due to the way it would negatively affect their societies/systems and their current citizens living within those systems or societies, etc...

So why do we do it, etc...?

It's not that difficult to just deport everyone who is here illegally or who tries to come in here illegally, etc, and it's also not that difficult to just let anyone who wants to come in, come on in, etc, but what is much more difficult, is trying to find the middle ground, or balance ours/yours/mine compassion with our own severity, etc, and way, way too many of you, don't seem to be up for that last challenge, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So you are saying you are unable to educate me then?

As far as I can tell, it seems to be a decision between none or all right now
That is not the case. (I'm not even sure what "all" means in this case; none is relatively easy to comprehend.)
depending on a person's own political leanings by their own political leanings or party lines, etc,

Immigration, migration, and refugee issues are not strictly aligned to party.
but no other country just let's everybody in, etc,
Yes, and so?
and most of the time, it's because they say that they just can't do that due to the way it would negatively affect their societies/systems and their current citizens living within those systems or societies, etc...

Cultural replacement paranoia?

So why do we do it, etc...?

Start by tossing out the idea that the "border can be closed". That's not how borders work.

It's not that difficult to just deport everyone who is here illegally
Oh boy. There are an estimated 10-ish million non-documented persons in the US. It would be *incredibly* hard to remove them all.
or who tries to come in here illegally, etc,
A large fraction of the people here illegally are "visa overstays" who came on a legitimate visa (tourist, work) and did not leave. So no this would also not be easy to do.
and it's also not that difficult to just let anyone who wants to come in, come on in, etc, but what is much more difficult, is trying to find the middle ground, or balance ours/yours/mine compassion with our own severity, etc, and way, way to many of you, don't seem to be up for that last challenge, etc...

If you want to discuss any particular specific topic on immigration, migration, or refugees and how things should change or how they should be please do so. People will interact with that conversation. (I probably will too.)

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps we could have the water move back and forth every day to protect the shoreline from amphibious landing.
We could make a law that only allows for “low tides”!?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That is not the case. (I'm not even sure what "all" means in this case; none is relatively easy to comprehend.)
You don't understand all or none...?
Immigration, migration, and refugee issues are not strictly aligned to party.
It should be pretty obvious which major political party leans toward "all", and which one leans toward "none", etc...
Yes, and so?
They have some very good reasons for it (some of them), the least of which is most usually "cultural replacement paranoia", etc...
Cultural replacement paranoia?
They have to do with their current economics, mainly or mostly, etc, with some of them anyway, etc, mainly the more modern ones, etc...

But I think we could allow some, if we could control and predict it, and then be able to stem some or much of that, and maybe even find a way to turn it into a positive thing economically, etc...
Start by tossing out the idea that the "border can be closed". That's not how borders work.
Borders can be closed, many just don't like how it sits with their conscience, etc, not closed to trade, but closed to immigration, or migrants, or refugees, etc...

We can also deport, but again, many don't like how that sits with their conscience, etc...
Oh boy. There are an estimated 10-ish million non-documented persons in the US. It would be *incredibly* hard to remove them all.
There are "now", and we maybe need to make some decisions about those ones who are already here also, but we can also make some different decisions about any new ones wanting to come in maybe also, etc...
A large fraction of the people here illegally are "visa overstays" who came on a legitimate visa (tourist, work) and did not leave. So no this would also not be easy to do.
See what I just said above this, etc...
If you want to discuss any particular specific topic on immigration, migration, or refugees and how things should change or how they should be please do so. People will interact with that conversation. (I probably will too.)
I proposed something, or some things, in my OP, and earlier on in this thread already, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You don't understand all or none...?
Generally, I do, but...
It should be pretty obvious which major political party leans toward "all", and which one leans toward "none", etc...
In the context of immigration "all" makes no sense what so ever. None is zero immigration, what is "all"?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You listed some (unworkable) ideas about border control. Nothing about immigration.
You allow some or a certain number in at a time, whatever we can handle without it affecting us too much negatively, etc...

Or that's the simple, more summarized version of what I said, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Generally, I do, but...

In the context of immigration "all" makes no sense what so ever. None is zero immigration, what is "all"?
All is letting anyone who wants to come in, come in.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You allow some or a certain number in at a time, whatever we can handle without it affecting us too much negatively, etc...

God Bless!
And if we can, or by doing this, and by being able to regulate or control or predict it, etc, try to find ways that we can actually turn it into a positive thing, that will be good for us, either economically or otherwise, etc...

But without it turning into different classes of citizens, or a kind or type of prejudice, or slave labor, or slavery, etc...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

God Bless!
The simplified version is missing the mercurial opening and closing of crossings.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
All is letting anyone who wants to come in, come in.
Which isn’t being practiced nor seriously proposed despite overheated rhetoric to the contrary.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Next problem: the shoreline. :swimmer: :rowboat: :speedboat: :sailboat:
Jokes, cute, but I am being serious...

So am I. The United States has a lot of shoreline. Desperate persons deprived of one means of access are going to choose another. This is why illegal immigration into the United States will not be stopped. They will go under the wall, over the wall, or through the ocean to get here. The wall is a feel-good measure that narrows the spout of the funnel a bit. No more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So am I. The United States has a lot of shoreline. Desperate persons deprived of one means of access are going to choose another. This is why illegal immigration into the United States will not be stopped. They will go under the wall, over the wall, or through the ocean to get here. The wall is a feel-good measure that narrows the spout of the funnel a bit. No more.
Depends on how much we can narrow or control the funnel, and how much we can regulate it, and/or make room or provisions for it.

I doubt everyone who could just walk in by land fairly easily, will all take to boats and try to cross the ocean, etc, and most would be stopped by a wall or a high fence or gates, especially if they already knew we would be allowing some in at certain times, and not at others, and would be practicing immediate deportation at others, etc.

We only need to be able to lessen it to the point to where we can control/regulate it a bit, etc.

And decide or make or pass laws in what situations we maybe deport, and maybe in what situations we don't, etc.

Some kind of screening, not too strict or too harsh (or that takes too long) is highly recommended, etc.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Some kind of screening, not too strict or too harsh (or that takes too long) is highly recommended, etc.

You may have touched on part of the problem. The way I hear it current process is too strict, too harsh, takes too long (and is too costly). Those that can't work the system try to cheat the system.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That would be the overheated rhetoric.
According to you maybe, but what's the real story, etc.

We already know a lot of other more modern nations do not sometimes make it easy to enter or stay in their country, or be a citizen there, etc, and that this is mostly because of economic reasons mostly, but we seem to want to say we have so much more of a better of a "superior morality", that we completely ignore all the potential negative consequences that just immediately allowing just letting just anyone in, can have on the rest of our society, etc...?

But maybe not if it could be controlled maybe, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You may have touched on part of the problem. The way I hear it current process is too strict, too harsh, takes too long (and is too costly). Those that can't work the system try to cheat the system.
Yes, and there is "a certain political party" that seems to want to make it very complicated, and bog it down a lot by adding a lot of very unnecessary red tape to it, etc...

If we allowed some in at the border during or at certain times, we could try to figure out which ones could be of great benefit to us, and which ones might maybe really affect us negatively, etc, and that's really all the screening we should need, etc...

Very short and simple questionares should suffice, and maybe with a staff that would be pretty good judges of who might contribute to us positively, or might wish to contribute to us positively, versus those who might most definitely affect us negatively, etc...

And that should be all the screening we need for now, etc...

But we have to make ways for them to be able to do that with us or for us also, etc, the ones who wish to contribute to us positively, etc, otherwise they might affect us negatively, etc, and without it turning into some kind of thing, that is akin to slave labor, or some kind of slavery, etc...

They would have to have immediate equal opportunity, etc.

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

God Bless!
We can agree!
All we need now is for the House, Senate and President to agree and do their jobs, by passing the appropriate legislation.

Upvote 0