Do we keep our talents and gifts throughout eternity?

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its shown MANY times in scripture (like literally like 10 times or something like that) that God is the reason we are gifted at different things. And that he expects us to use them. In fact, while our works may not get us INTO heaven, its shown that the reward we will receive is based upon our works. Anyways, my question is this, God has given me a talent for musical composition. I love composing music dearly and it is one of my favorite ways to worship God. Will I keep this talent in heaven/new earth? Or will we lose our talents after this life? My mind flits to the parable of the talents, where the servents who "use" their talents and double what they were given are entrusted with many many times as much (Couple million dollars vs TEN WHOLE CITIES). So we will obviously have responsibilities, whatever they may be. But I just don't know if ill still be able to do what God has made me love or not?

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its shown MANY times in scripture (like literally like 10 times or something like that) that God is the reason we are gifted at different things. And that he expects us to use them. In fact, while our works may not get us INTO heaven, its shown that the reward we will receive is based upon our works. Anyways, my question is this, God has given me a talent for musical composition. I love composing music dearly and it is one of my favorite ways to worship God. Will I keep this talent in heaven/new earth? Or will we lose our talents after this life? My mind flits to the parable of the talents, where the servents who "use" their talents and double what they were given are entrusted with many many times as much (Couple million dollars vs TEN WHOLE CITIES). So we will obviously have responsibilities, whatever they may be. But I just don't know if ill still be able to do what God has made me love or not?
What you do servers God, and He would have no reason to take that away from you.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Will I keep this talent in heaven/new earth?
Yes, we were created to give worship and give praise honor and glory to God. That is why there is nothing better in life than to worship God. My father was a doctor and I am sure he is still working to educate his patients in Heaven. My son was an electronic engineer and I am sure he is still developing things in Heaven. Even things they create there will show up here on the earth.

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I reckon we'll have many new talents to glorify God with.

Since we will have been transformed into perfect beings through Christ :scratch:

I don't know that for a fact though.... Just me wishing there really.....
I mean we are told we will serve Christ several times, and that we will reign MANY times. Both of those things require skills.

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I reckon we'll have many new talents to glorify God with.

Since we will have been transformed into perfect beings through Christ :scratch:

I don't know that for a fact though.... Just me wishing there really.....
Doesn't that transformation project already take place now? (Romans 12:2)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I think you may have a talent that you don't even know about that God is going to glorify.

Upvote 0