• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Dark days ahead in America

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by only a sojourner, Nov 8, 2020.

1. revybub

revybub Member

+97
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    And the Aliens! That don't want to talk to us yet apparently because we just aren't ready yet...Or well they don't think we are "united" enough yet for them..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+13,884
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I think they're waiting for us to die out from our own misdeeds.

It's what I would do.

3. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+9,185
    Agnostic
    Married
    Are you claiming to understand the point of view of an all knowing all powerful deity?

Right right. The church has great power and wisdom but has been stuck with the "fake" church for 2000 years.

4. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,746
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I have been listening to Obama's book. During the 2008 campaign, he talks about a minister who gave a sermon about good crazy and bad crazy. John Lewis was good crazy. We have been living with bad crazy for four years.

And bad crazy willcontinue to try to thwart us at every turn over the next four years. Even if Trump dies, the crazy will continue--but it will be significantly weakened. He is old, Type A personality, anger management problems, obvious mental deterioration.

But all we can do is pray that sanity will prevail. While it would certainly be easier if Trump were sidelined by disability, we also need to try to replace the bad crazy in people's heads with good crazy.

5. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+9,712
    Atheist
    Single
    People were predicting the "end of the world" probably even before Jesus came along. Christianity gave them an organization that allowed them to make their claims with supposed authority.

6. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,365
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I see the coming of the aliens as bright days, not dark.

7. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+1,788
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Really there is no difference (small, personality differences) between the two ruling parties. They both are on the path to the ruin of America

8. Guinan

Guinan Taking a break from CF. I’ll be back later.

+1,183
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    Humanity is not united. We're not even united in our own country.

Honestly, your assumption could be a possibility. No one knows for certain at this time. It could be true considering the fact that humanity is still relatively primitive in many ways. Human beings are still heavily divided by derisive politics, religion, sexism, racism, bigotry, and xenophobia. That being said, I think a disclosure is imminent and could happen before long. Of course, I'm only speculating and I base my presumption on the unprecedented release of 'unidentified aerial phenomena' by the Pentagon, which was verified by the Department of Defense. In addition to this release, there's also the former Israeli space security chief's public disclosure, countless released videos of unexplained aerial phenomenon, and the eyewitness accounts from astronauts, military pilots and airline pilots.

Video: Obama And Trump Asked About Space Aliens

I agree. I'm actually looking forward to a possible disclosure because I want to know the truth.

9. Hans Blaster

Hans Blaster Well-Known Member

+2,995
    Atheist
    Private
    You do understand that RonPaul is nuts, right?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Hans Blaster

+2,995
    Atheist
    Private
    You do understand the "the Pentagon" is just an informal way to say "the US Deperatment of Defense", so the DoD can't "confirm" a Pentagon release, right?

11. Guinan

Guinan Taking a break from CF. I’ll be back later.

+1,183
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
  12. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+18,948
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh, and Libertarians got the answer. How come almost nobody votes for them?

13. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+1,788
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    A lot of big money can by many votes, and the democrats and republicans have perfected that method.

14. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+5,289
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    He's a flat earther. Nuts is a plus for him.

15. cow451

+18,948
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Politics is a battle of ideas and ideals. The Libertarians don’t have enough of either.

16. Lord Give Me A Sign

Lord Give Me A Sign Newbie

+730
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The bible has alot to do with politics. I believe you will find truth in the bible, not on CNN or Fox

But if you dont believe the bible to be true, then we wont see eye to eye and there is no reason why it needs to be personal. I prefer to kindly agree to disagree

17. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+9,671
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Which isn't here nor there when it comes to implementing religiously based law in a secular republic that does not allow for that.

18. Hans Blaster

+2,995
    Atheist
    Private
    Certainly there is a lot of "bible" in politics. (Way too much for my tastes, but it is definitely there.)

But, if I want information about current politics I'll go to CNN or Fox as both have actual current information. The bible has none of it. Please find me a bible passage that talks about democrats or republicans or elections or electoral votes or congress or covid or the federal reserve or the united states or any living politician.

19. cow451

+18,948
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    You must be unfamiliar with Two Corinthians....

20. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+9,185
    Agnostic
    Married
    Which is certainly fine. I just note this is the discussion and debate section. For myself to be convinced of your point of view I need reasons I see as valid to consider it. While there is much to admire in the bible I do not see it as an instruction book but a learning tool with lessons that can be discussed via our reason. Simply claiming "God said" is a shortcut from reason and offers nothing more then a single persons opinion.

:wave: