Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The main dangers Trump poses for Putin are the Republican’s unconventional nature, his personal unpredictability, his push for NATO allies to increase their defense spending, and his unorthodox approach to strengthening the alliance, which guarantees vigorous opposition to the aggressive Kremlin.

Biden’s main advantages for Putin are his old age, incapacity, predictability, and lack of decisive resistance to Putin’s aggression.

Significantly, Putin tried to disguise his support for Biden with routine objections to White House actions: “I believe that the position of the current administration is extremely harmful and erroneous. And I told President Biden about this at one time.” But Putin’s public support for Biden means that his words are a cheap ploy to hide the fact that even Biden’s stated “harmful and erroneous” position is less dangerous for Putin than Trump’s unpredictable policies.

Days earlier the author explained in a Newsweek article why Putin the Wolf turned into Putin the Sheep:

It’s worth remembering: Putin launched new wars under every coinciding U.S. president except one.

Reactions: RoBo1988

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I dunno, just about everything Putin says is a lie. I usually just reverse what he says so that it makes some kind of sense.
That is a fair point. There is no way that Putin ought to be trusted. However, it is also true that :

During Trump's term, there was no new Putin-led war; Russia's "private" military company the Wagner Group was annihilated by the U.S.-Kurdish strikes near Khasham in Syria; U.S. missiles punished the Assad regime's air force for using chemical weapons; North Korea's Kim paused his nuclear testing; and the number of Ukrainian military personnel killed on the contact line in Donbass dropped 16 times by my calculation.

In front of Trump, Putin the wolf turned into Putin the sheep.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we decide for once Putin is telling the truth he prefers Biden over someone he considers a madman.
I do not believe that Putin considers Trump to be a madman. I believe the adjective used by him to describe Trump was "unpredictable."

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No doubt Trump's clever ploy to cut funding for Ukraine would cause Putin to back down and sue for peace, eh?
I believe this to be true. With NATO encroaching on his borders, Putin acted. Maybe the warning Putin gave was true since 2014 but we'll never know now.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I dunno, just about everything Putin says is a lie. I usually just reverse what he says so that it makes some kind of sense.

A broken clock is right at least once a day.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A broken clock is right at least once a day.

Not if people disregard the broken clock altogether. Then folks might toss it out with the rest of their garbage. At least Americans still have this option for now. Apparently Russian citizens are not allowed to choose as freely as Americans.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

The main dangers Trump poses for Putin are the Republican’s unconventional nature, his personal unpredictability, his push for NATO allies to increase their defense spending, and his unorthodox approach to strengthening the alliance, which guarantees vigorous opposition to the aggressive Kremlin.

Biden’s main advantages for Putin are his old age, incapacity, predictability, and lack of decisive resistance to Putin’s aggression.

Significantly, Putin tried to disguise his support for Biden with routine objections to White House actions: “I believe that the position of the current administration is extremely harmful and erroneous. And I told President Biden about this at one time.” But Putin’s public support for Biden means that his words are a cheap ploy to hide the fact that even Biden’s stated “harmful and erroneous” position is less dangerous for Putin than Trump’s unpredictable policies.

Days earlier the author explained in a Newsweek article why Putin the Wolf turned into Putin the Sheep:

It’s worth remembering: Putin launched new wars under every coinciding U.S. president except one.
When did you forget that Putin always says the opposite of what is true?

What is it about some folks who take the word of dictators over not-dictators?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not if people disregard the broken clock altogether. Then folks might toss it out with the rest of their garbage. At least Americans still have this option for now. Apparently Russian citizens are not allowed to choose as freely as Americans.

Putin is not nearly as bad as China who seems to have captured the WHO.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Putin is not nearly as bad as China who seems to have captured the WHO.

He is completely untrustworthy, regardless of China or WHO seeming to be perceived as "worse". Do you actually believe Putin prefers President Biden over Donald Trump? His words are always a ploy to manipulate. I could happily live the rest of my life without regarding anything Mr Putin has to say. I am quite puzzled by American apologists for this guy.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, reverse this “I believe that the position of the current administration is extremely harmful and erroneous. And I told President Biden about this at one time.”

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Okay, reverse this “I believe that the position of the current administration is extremely harmful and erroneous. And I told President Biden about this at one time.”
"I believe that the position of the current administration is sickeningly constructive and the proper course of action. Of course, I never mentioned this to Biden."

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0