United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am not optimistic about the next 4 years. I believe these may become our most difficult and. conflicted years since the Civil War. The nation will remain restive, deeply divided, violent, with seditious plots .I believe Biden's is likely to end up as a failed presidency. Biden's talk of unifying the country is Pollyanish and naive, particularly if Democrats do not win both runoff elections in Georgia. Republicans will do everything they can to bring Biden down. The position of the Democratic Party on abortion and LGBT issues is so far apart that it allows no basis for compromise with evangelicals and conservative Catholics. Republicans will resist any expansion in healthcare and other Democratic policies involving government spending. Biden may have some success with executive orders bypassing Congress. The Supreme Court will strike down and enfeeble Democratic policies and there will not be enough votes in the Senate to pack the Court. The Corona virus will spread rapidly prior to Biden's innaugeration with a dramatic escalation in fatalities. No stimulus legislation will pass in Congress unless Democrats capitulate to Republican spending limits. There will be significant layoffs in state and local government. China will benefit from US economic stagnation resulting from the coronavirus and make inroads into Ameirca's economic hegemony. Let's see how accurate these pmpredictions are in the next few years.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I am not optimistic about the next 4 years. I believe these may become our most difficult and. conflicted years since the Civil War. The nation will remain restive, deeply divided, violent, with seditious plots .I believe Biden's is likely to end up as a failed presidency. Biden's talk of unifying the country is Pollyanish and naive, particularly if Democrats do not win both runoff elections in Georgia. Republicans will do everything they can to bring Biden down. The position of the Democratic Party on abortion and LGBT issues is so far apart that it allows no basis for compromise with evangelicals and conservative Catholics. Republicans will resist any expansion in healthcare and other Democratic policies involving government spending. Biden may have some success with executive orders bypassing Congress. The Supreme Court will strike down and enfeeble Democratic policies and there will not be enough votes in the Senate to pack the Court. The Corona virus will spread rapidly prior to Biden's innaugeration with a dramatic escalation in fatalities. No stimulus legislation will pass in Congress unless Democrats capitulate to Republican spending limits. There will be significant layoffs in state and local government. China will benefit from US economic stagnation resulting from the coronavirus and make inroads into Ameirca's economic hegemony. Let's see how accurate these pmpredictions are in the next few years.
What about alien invasion? That might happen.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Somebody needs to take a break from social media and whatever doomsday bloggers one may be following.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
This is the time that the church in the USA needs to get real with God, repent, fast and pray. If Christians do this, God will intervene. That's His promise.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟293,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is the time that the church in the USA needs to get real with God, repent, fast and pray. If Christians do this, God will intervene. That's His promise.
You guys do that all you want. The rest of us will work on finding a way to move the country forward. (Yes, I know I'm replying to an Aussie.)

• Agree
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟981,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

Based on the low numbers of those who identify as Christian plus the lousy church attendance rates, I would have thought that Australia is a far better candidate for the Wrath of God. :(

OB

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,318.00
Faith
Christian
The president will present you with a skeleton, but it's up to YOU to add the organs, the meat and the conscience. Take accountability for yourself and don't be a jellyfish.

Is everyone forgetting that God is in the room too? Or does He only work part time?

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I nearly forgot about the giant meteor and alien invasion. Thanks for reminding me.
Let me get this straight... a chunk of space rock hits the US and a bunch of Mexicans invades. Does the meteor hit the wall? Do the Mexicans know about the Meteor? Does Trump pay for the wall repair?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is everyone forgetting that God is in the room too? Or does He only work part time?

I suspect some believe He vacated the building with President Trump. We're on our own.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Don't forget the giant meteor.
I was only half joking.

I do think we will be sorely tested by natural disasters. The fires in the west will only accelerate spurred on by drought and warming. And drought will continue over the entire Southwest. Hurricanes will continue to increase along the gulf coast. Heat waves will level up from uncomfortable to dangerous, especially in the West and Southwest.

I hope that the words of the old French prophetess who I encountered do not come to pass: "America will not eat".

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Somebody needs to take a break from social media and whatever doomsday bloggers one may be followWWhating.

What I have written is speculative. However it is based on an assessment of current trends. This is not perhaps the best time to forecast doom on a president who was just elected. The country is however very divided. The last time we have had such deep divisions and volitility was arguably the 1960's. I believe we may now be more divided now then we were then. We have already had seditious plots with about a dozen people recently arrested in an attempt to kidnap the governor of Michigan. We have a sitting president who refuses to acknowledge the results of an election and there are many people in this country who continue to back him. It is realistic to believe that MConnell and the Republican Party will continue to resist Democratic Party legislation. States and local governments are predicting layoffs and cuts in programs and services if Congress does not pass stimulus legislation. It is naive not to recognize that the nation is facing very difficult times. Biden has formidable obstacles he needs to overcome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟293,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Based on the low numbers of those who identify as Christian plus the lousy church attendance rates, I would have thought that Australia is a far better candidate for the Wrath of God. :(

OB

Hey! Don't count America short here. We have low church attendance rates too!

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

OB

What? God put all those poisonous, aggressive animals (and Tony Abbott) in your country in the first place to show that He is more than willing to unleash His wrath upon it, and that He distinctly disfavors actually having to go there personally in order to do so.

(And before you get too mad, He also gave you and not the rest of the world the Quokka. So I think you're about even now. In fact, I think you might have come out a fair bit ahead of the rest of the world.)

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am inclined to believe based on my assessment of the political situation in the US that the Democratic Party and President Biden will not be able to prevail against the obstacles arrayed against them.

• Agree
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0