United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No they didn't.

The issue with Trump has always been, what matters more in a president? Policy, or personality? Trump had very positive policy, appointed good justices who would rule according to law on the bench, supported religious freedom, took us away from the globalisation we were blindly walking into, got us out of wars we should never have had any part in, fostered peace, established better trade agreements like reworking NAFTA (that no one liked but the elite), stop taking all that China was dishing out, which was quite frankly hurting us.

His policy was better than any president since Reagan.

You don't have to agree, but most of us think that when judging the actions of someone in government we should be basing that judgement according to what policies they will bring rather than whether they wear a pretty face.

I'm personally sick of pretty faces carrying out bad policy... at best that's a highly superficial means to choose leaders, and that eye to only what is superficial will destroy us eventually.
Trump accidentally nominated judges with scruples. His intent was to have judges he can get favors from when needed. Trump is not even in the ballpark with the motion of “Godly”.

Not going to rehash policy. But I will say I’d take an honest, competent atheist over Trump eight days a week, even if that competent atheist is not in line with my politics.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where is “honoring God” in our Constitution?
I am only speaking on what the bible says. Do you disagree with the bible?

Romans 1:18 - For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth

America and its leaders are rebelling against the word of God. Its the time to draw more near to God so we will have the strength for what may come our way

America moved far away from God when evangelicals sold out to Donald J. Trump.

Was it not already far away from God? The number of abortions and murdered babies each year. The bible is clear on abortion being a sin. Every life has value to God

Legalizing gay marriage - redefining what God created for man and a woman

I do not argue your point about Trump and the evangelicals. I do agree. However, there is alot more to it then just Donald Trump. I pray the Lord blesses us all with wisdom so we can be in unity and stand together honoring God

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Romans 1:18 - For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth

America and its leaders are rebelling against the word of God. Its the time to draw more near to God so we will have the strength for what may come our way

Was it not already far away from God? The number of abortions and murdered babies each year. The bible is clear on abortion being a sin. Every life has value to God

I do not argue your point about Trump and the evangelicals. I do agree. However, there is alot more to it then just Donald Trump. I pray the Lord blesses us all with wisdom so we can be in unity and stand together honoring God
We might want to release ourselves from the fantasy that secular governments are supposed to do God’s will as you understand it. We also could do well to forego selling out to people like Donald Trump who are without scruples on any level. The evangelical “witness” is no longer credible and the term “Christian” has lost its traditional meaning.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We might want to release ourselves from the fantasy that secular governments are supposed to do God’s will as you understand it. We also could do well to forego selling out to people like Donald Trump who are without scruples on any level. The evangelical “witness” is no longer credible and the term “Christian” has lost its traditional meaning.
The bible is truth, not fantasy

Galatians 5:19-21
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bible is truth, not fantasy

Galatians 5:19-21
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
That does not mean Christian evangelicals can make the secular world bend to their will. Your scripture quote is misapplied. Now you might want to email it to Mr. Trump for his edification but he may not to get the intent based on my observations over the past 40 years.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

On many subjects.

Tossing Donald to the curb seems a good start.

If that is your belief, I strongly recommend not having an abortion, then.

If that is not your belief...

Or several women, for that matter... that ship sailed a long time ago.

Tell you what... if someone of your own gender asks to marry you, you still have the choice to say "no."
how does denying someone else the choice to say "yes" bring you any closer to God?

Even those of us who don't want to honor your God? What happens to us?

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On many subjects.

Tossing Donald to the curb seems a good start.

If that is your belief, I strongly recommend not having an abortion, then.

If that is not your belief...

Or several women, for that matter... that ship sailed a long time ago.

Tell you what... if someone of your own gender asks to marry you, you still have the choice to say "no."
how does denying someone else the choice to say "yes" bring you any closer to God?

Even those of us who don't want to honor your God? What happens to us?
If you dont believe in God i will pray that you get to experience his love, peace and joy

Edit - [Columbo]Just One more thing[/Columbo]

Im not a self rightous person. I love the gay community and although Im not gay, I am indeed guilty of sexual immorality and not any better then anyone else. My rightousness is in Christ who is my redeemer. He payed the price (which was death on the cross) for all of us, including those who do not believe

In the Old testament it is true thatmen had multiple wives and concubines. However, it never turned out well for any of them
That does not mean Christian evangelicals can make the secular world bend to their will. Your scripture quote is misapplied. Now you might want to email it to Mr. Trump for his edification but he may not to get the intent based on my observations over the past 40 years.
I never defended Mr. Trump but we are all created in the image of God so I do not hate the man. I pray for both him and Mr. Biden

Sexual immorality, Idolatry, and the admiration of sorcery are very prevelant in America. If in 2 years there is less hate in America, i will say both myself and the OP were wrong

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If you dont believe in God i will pray that you get to experience his love, peace and joy

That's all well and nice, but how does that relate to American politics?

Im not a self rightous person. I love the gay community and although Im not gay, I am indeed guilty of sexual immorality and not any better then anyone else.

Yes, yes... I'm sure some of your friends are gay.

As it so happens, some of my friends are gay... and bisexual, and transgender. Sadly, many of them have faced some tough times in this world, and I wouldn't be much of a friend to them if I wanted to make it any tougher.

My rightousness is in Christ who is my redeemer. He payed the price (which was death on the cross) for all of us, including those who do not believe

That's nice. Now, American politics...

In the Old testament it is true thatmen had multiple wives and concubines. However, it never turned out well for any of them

Many of those men were kings -- while most did indeed come to a bad end, it seems that their polygamy was never a factor.

Nevertheless, what was once allowed insofar as marriage was concerned is now prohibited. Surely the reverse can also happen...

I never defended Mr. Trump but we are all created in the image of God so I do not hate the man. I pray for both him and Mr. Biden

Nevertheless, it's hard not to see how Donald has exploited Christianity (and those who believe in it) for his own personal gain. He has certainly never demonstrated any degree of repentance or genuine belief in word or deed.

Sexual immorality, Idolatry, and the admiration of sorcery are very prevelant in America. If in 2 years there is less hate in America, i will say both myself and the OP were wrong

I would suggest that it is not the duty of the government to reduce these things -- certainly not the current government, as Donald has spent much of his adult life profiting from these very sins, among nearly all the others.

The greatest thing any leader can do is set an example -- I suspect that Biden will set a much better personal example of decent, moral living than Donald has ever attempted to. There won't be as many shiny trinkets or favors doled out to the evangelicals, but so much the better -- by the time Judas tossed his thirty pieces into the dust, it was too late.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What I have written is speculative. However it is based on an assessment of current trends. This is not perhaps the best time to forecast doom on a president who was just elected. The country is however very divided. The last time we have had such deep divisions and volitility was arguably the 1960's. I believe we may now be more divided now then we were then. We have already had seditious plots with about a dozen people recently arrested in an attempt to kidnap the governor of Michigan. We have a sitting president who refuses to acknowledge the results of an election and there are many people in this country who continue to back him. It is realistic to believe that MConnell and the Republican Party will continue to resist Democratic Party legislation. States and local governments are predicting layoffs and cuts in programs and services if Congress does not pass stimulus legislation. It is naive not to recognize that the nation is facing very difficult times. Biden has formidable obstacles he needs to overcome.

I agree with the concern, but that's a forecast which, although gloomy, is written from the POV of a person who is sympathetic to the apparent winner of the 2020 election. If we balanced the factors by also appreciating how the other side sees the likely developments, imagine how much less optimistic the projection would look. It could be that the actual outcome will be somewhere between the two.

It's something to think about.

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Albion, I am an evangelical. My views are complex and it would take time to fully explain them. I suspect that the next 4 years will be dark and very conflicted for America in general, for Republicans and Democrats. I hope I am wrong, but it is hard for me to think otherwise. Based on the current state of affairs, coupled with the political circumstances of the recent past it is difficult for me to imagine that there will be agreement between the two sides. Republicans will not be willing to compromise and will attempt to subvert efforts by the Biden Administration to carry out their policies. Biden will need to pursue his policies by executive action to the extent he will be able to this. Politics will be dysfunctional and the nation will be unstable. If Democrats can win control of the 2 Georgia Senate seats they will be in a much stronger position.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lg2000

Dec 15, 2003
L.A.
✟27,613.00
Faith
Christian
I cant see it getting better. Feel like the country is screwed regardless of who won the election even though i am glad we got the current president out.
The country is so divided . Im just glad i live in a blue state.
I pray for this country

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,950.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The church is victorious, has access to the greatest power that there can be, the greatest authority and the greatest wisdom. All that is found in Christ. Coming out of the world one part of the answer. Abiding in Christ is the other.

<Looks at the history of the church>

Yeah, not buying that one. Looks like any other human endeavor.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,950.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

You seem very quick to usurp Gods voice. I do not find the idea of you knowing the desires of an all powerful deity to be likely. So how about you give us secular reasons to support your positions.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The US is not and will never be a theocratic state. If we had truly Biblical laws, then it would be illegal to worship any other god or belong to any other religion, but that's the very antithesis of the religious freedom outlined in the first amendment.

When Jesus returns, then we'll have a Biblical government. Until then, we just have to follow our principles and accept that we live in a country where not everyone else will do the same.

Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

Lg2000

Dec 15, 2003
L.A.
✟27,613.00
Faith
Christian

Im not a self rightous person. I love the gay community and although Im not gay, I am indeed guilty of sexual immorality and not any better then anyone else. My rightousness is in Christ who is my redeemer. He payed the price (which was death on the cross) for all of us, including those who do not believe

i respect that.

God had to work on me with that.i used to say i hate trump and i did . God checked me. I dont think fondly of the guy or the job he has done but i do pray for him now and our country in general. I cant have hate in my heart . It only hurts me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Based on the current state of affairs, coupled with the political circumstances of the recent past it is difficult for me to imagine that there will be agreement between the two sides.

It's usually impolite to point fingers and assign blame, but...

Republicans will not be willing to compromise and will attempt to subvert efforts by the Biden Administration to carry out their policies. Biden will need to pursue his policies by executive action to the extent he will be able to this. Politics will be dysfunctional and the nation will be unstable. If Democrats can win control of the 2 Georgia Senate seats they will be in a much stronger position.

It really does sound like it's the Republicans in general, and Mitch McConnell specifically, that are at the root of the problem.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i respect that.

God had to work on me with that.i used to say i hate trump and i did . God checked me. I dont think fondly of the guy or the job he has done but i do pray for him now and our country in general. I cant have hate in my heart . It only hurts me.
Your absolutely right. It took me years to get to where I am now but im thankful that God gives us grace and humbles us
That's all well and nice, but how does that relate to American politics?

Yes, yes... I'm sure some of your friends are gay.

As it so happens, some of my friends are gay... and bisexual, and transgender. Sadly, many of them have faced some tough times in this world, and I wouldn't be much of a friend to them if I wanted to make it any tougher.

That's nice. Now, American politics...

Many of those men were kings -- while most did indeed come to a bad end, it seems that their polygamy was never a factor.

Nevertheless, what was once allowed insofar as marriage was concerned is now prohibited. Surely the reverse can also happen...

Nevertheless, it's hard not to see how Donald has exploited Christianity (and those who believe in it) for his own personal gain. He has certainly never demonstrated any degree of repentance or genuine belief in word or deed.

I would suggest that it is not the duty of the government to reduce these things -- certainly not the current government, as Donald has spent much of his adult life profiting from these very sins, among nearly all the others.

The greatest thing any leader can do is set an example -- I suspect that Biden will set a much better personal example of decent, moral living than Donald has ever attempted to. There won't be as many shiny trinkets or favors doled out to the evangelicals, but so much the better -- by the time Judas tossed his thirty pieces into the dust, it was too late.
American politics...what i said had to do with the original post. I do not believe people should be descriminated against because they are attracted to the same sex. However, i do believe the word of God to be true. Homosexuality is a sin, as well as any form of adultery or sexual immorality

In the new testament i believe it says for men to love their wife like Christ loved the church. So therefore polygamy became a sin

I do not have any arguments defending Donald. I see lots of bad in both sides. Donald claiming Christianity is not good for Christianity. He displays no good fruit. He does not hold himself accountable. He is a self made and self rightous man that doesnt hesitate to blame others instead of accepting fault

If you dont believe in God and accept Christ as your savior...we of course wont see eye to eye on everything. Its not a problem, i still pray and hope for the best for your well being. If i saw you being ambushed by a crew of Trump supporters i would intervene and help you

You seem very quick to usurp Gods voice. I do not find the idea of you knowing the desires of an all powerful deity to be likely. So how about you give us secular reasons to support your positions.
Im only speaking on what the bible says. I cant post it now as i have little time but i would refer you to Romans Chapter one, verses 18 through 32. They speak of how God will give a nation to its ways when a nation embraces sin, particularly the sin of sexual immortality

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,950.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Your absolutely right. It took me years to get to where I am now but im thankful that God gives us grace and humbles us

American politics...what i said had to do with the original post. I do not believe people should be descriminated against because they are attracted to the same sex. However, i do believe the word of God to be true. Homosexuality is a sin, as well as any form of adultery or sexual immorality

In the new testament i believe it says for men to love their wife like Christ loved the church. So therefore polygamy became a sin

I do not have any arguments defending Donald. I see lots of bad in both sides. Donald claiming Christianity is not good for Christianity. He displays no good fruit. He does not hold himself accountable. He is a self made and self rightous man that doesnt hesitate to blame others instead of accepting fault

If you dont believe in God and accept Christ as your savior...we of course wont see eye to eye on everything. Its not a problem, i still pray and hope for the best for your well being. If i saw you being ambushed by a crew of Trump supporters i would intervene and help you

Im only speaking on what the bible says. I cant post it now as i have little time but i would refer you to Romans Chapter one, verses 18 through 32. They speak of how God will give a nation to its ways when a nation embraces sin, particularly the sin of sexual immortality
Yeah. No. Secular reasons. I do not care to discuss what you believe about your religious writings. Let's discuss why I should agree with your positions.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
<Looks at the history of the church>

Yeah, not buying that one. Looks like any other human endeavor.
What you imagine the church to be is not God's point of view. Too much that calls itself Christian is fake. The real church is merged in with the fake for the moment and has been for way too long. That will change.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No they didn't.

The issue with Trump has always been, what matters more in a president? Policy, or personality? Trump had very positive policy, appointed good justices who would rule according to law on the bench, supported religious freedom, took us away from the globalisation we were blindly walking into, got us out of wars we should never have had any part in, fostered peace, established better trade agreements like reworking NAFTA (that no one liked but the elite), stop taking all that China was dishing out, which was quite frankly hurting us.

His policy was better than any president since Reagan.

You don't have to agree, but most of us think that when judging the actions of someone in government we should be basing that judgement according to what policies they will bring rather than whether they wear a pretty face.

I'm personally sick of pretty faces carrying out bad policy... at best that's a highly superficial means to choose leaders, and that eye to only what is superficial will destroy us eventually.
"very good policy" that purposefully murdered hundreds of thousands of Americans for political gain.

That isn't a man that deserves the Oval Office.

Upvote 0