Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The law is indeed not 'abolished', but how should one follow a guide -one which was given by God unto a specific people- that is fulfilled by the blood?

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." Romans 6:14.

Christians are
”dead to the law." Romans 7:4

"If ye be led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law"
Galatians 5:18.

"
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster" [the law]. Galatians 3:24-25.

For Christians, the Law is taken
out of the way and nailed to his cross. Colossians 2:14.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The law is indeed not 'abolished', but how should one follow a guide -one which was given by God unto a specific people- that is fulfilled by the blood?

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." Romans 6:14.

Christians are
”dead to the law." Romans 7:4

"If ye be led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law"
Galatians 5:18.

"
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster" [the law]. Galatians 3:24-25.

For Christians, the Law is taken
out of the way and nailed to his cross. Colossians 2:14.
Grace is given to those as time for correction ,however; the gift has to be excepted for our substitute for justice or we take the penalty of justice to the cross ourselves!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Grace is given to those as time for correction!

But no one can achieve righteousness by the law of their own effort. Were that the case, Christ had died in vain.

"Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, 'The righteous will live by faith.' " Galatians 3:11

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
But no one can achieve righteousness by the law of their own effort. Were that the case, Christ had died in vain.

"Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, 'The righteous will live by faith.' " Galatians 3:11
however; the gift has to be excepted for our substitute for justice or we take the penalty of justice to the cross ourselves!

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
however; the gift has to be excepted for our substitute for justice or we take the penalty of justice to the cross ourselves!

Yes. And I hold that a gay man or woman can accept that gift of Grace. And, thereby, avoid the penalty of judgment.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. And I hold that a gay man or woman can accept that gift of Grace. And, thereby, avoid the penalty of judgment.
Romans 1 brother! If that's the case I should take up drinking, smoking again and the bad habitual habits I used to indulge myself in? :doh:Our model is to be Christ like!

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Romans 1 brother! If that's the case I should take up drinking, smoking again and the bad habitual habits I used to indulge myself in? :doh:Our model is to be Christ like!

Do a close reading of Romans 1. As should be done with all of Paul's letters "in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3: 15-17 KJV)

Note that the verse you are giving refers to "exchanging", "leaving", and "abandoning" what is natural - I.e. the natural and inborn orientation, perhaps.

As well, the words:
The original Greek, used for "natural" ("phooskos") is literally "inborn" or "produced by nature". What this means to the corresponding passage is debatable.

The word translated as "unnatural" ("para physin") is, by typical connotation and usage, more something akin to "unconventional". The same word was used to describe the actions of God in bringing the Jews and Gentiles together by salvation (Romans 11:24)

So, does the passage truly comment on the idea of homosexuality - as an orientation, rather than a rebellion and method of pagan worship?

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do a close reading of Romans 1. As should be done with all of Paul's letters "in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3: 15-17 KJV)

Note that the verse you are giving refers to "exchanging", "leaving", and "abandoning" what is natural - I.e. the natural and inborn orientation, perhaps.

As well, the words:
The original Greek, used for "natural" ("phooskos") is literally "inborn" or "produced by nature". What this means to the corresponding passage is debatable.

The word translated as "unnatural" ("para physin") is, by typical connotation and usage, more something akin to "unconventional". The same word was used to describe the actions of God in bringing the Jews and Gentiles together by salvation (Romans 11:24)

So, does the passage truly comment on the idea of homosexuality - as an orientation, rather than a rebellion and method of pagan worship?
Why would God design male and female as a pair....design marriage and the natural order of things? God doesn't make confusion, we do! also to say we rationalize and aren't to live based on feelings or spontaneously! Oh I have grace and just killed some one for I felt like it:doh: Nor are we to live as unto grace as not to articulate righteousness....live as a free for all!

God has a moral objective

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Why would God design male and female as a pair....design marriage and the natural order of things? God doesn't make confusion, we do! also to say we rationalize and aren't to live based on feelings or spontaneously! Oh I have grace and just killed some one for I felt like it:doh: Nor are we to live as unto grace as not to articulate righteousness as a free all!

Why did He create male and female? For reproduction. To "multiply and fill the Earth".
But nothing is to say that is the only way for the "natural order of things". Indeed, then why would He create the same experience -that of homosexuality- in animals, which do not have the same free-will and ability to rebel as we do? Does not the existence of homosexual beings, outside of free-will, present evidence of its design?

It would not be the oddest and most confusing thing God has designed, at least from our viewpoint. After all, why did He create disease and death, only to then allow it to destroy so many of His children? Why did He give us free-will only to flood the Earth when we were rebellious?

Righteousness can not be garnered by the will of a person, by effort or works. And righteousness of a person is only at the mercy and knowledge of God to be determined, upon that day we all meet Him.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why did He create male and female? For reproduction. To "multiply and fill the Earth".
But nothing is to say that is the only way for the "natural order of things". Indeed, then why would He create the same experience -that of homosexuality- in animals, which do not have the same free-will and ability to rebel as we do? Does not the existence of homosexual beings, outside of free-will, present evidence of its design?

It would not be the oddest and most confusing thing God has designed, at least from our viewpoint. After all, why did He create disease and death, only to then allow it to destroy so many of His children? Why did He give us free-will only to flood the Earth when we were rebellious?

Righteousness can not be garnered by the will of a person, by effort or works. And righteousness of a person is only at the mercy and knowledge of God to be determined, upon that day we all meet Him.
I'm sorry bro, but God has a moral objective and knows best! Also God's love is boundless and doesn't forward His love based on approval. He love's us all no more no less from the first day to our worst day's however; hates our sin and sexual immorality is hated! People that stop doing better stop being good! We brought on death in sin! God didn't create evil He allows it for our love given freely!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I'm sorry bro, but God has a moral objective and knows best! Also God's love is boundless and doesn't forward His love based on approval. He love's us all no more no less from the first day to our worst day's however; hates our sin and sexual immorality is hated! People that stop doing better stop being good!

God does loves us all. And His Grace saves us all. Even those that sin.

I undestand you see it as sin. I don't plan to change your mind, only to show you my side of the fence, as it were.

I admit, I sin. I sin everyday, just as we all do. You, I, and everyone that reads this thread, or doesn't.

I personally do not see being gay as a sin. At the most, homosexual sexual activity may be a sin [a sin I have not committed]. But, it is no greater sin than any other. And God's love does not stop short at forgiveness for the gay man.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.