Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Actually I did not say 'anything bad' i purposely went for 'inexcusable' and i think it fits rather nicely. even with your own example a unchanging heart or living in intentional sin are inexcusable thus no true christians, by your standards.
Semantics, then. :)

Empty and boring
cool.gif
:thumbsup:

Im sorry but what is OSAS?
Once saved always saved. You cannot lose your salvation. The argument goes that anyone who supposedly falls away was never saved, or a Christian, to begin with.

Ill take your word for it
wink.gif
:ebil:

No you missunderstand, I am mearly not going to argue for a position that I do not hold myself. I have no problem testing my own believes against anything.
Oh, fine, no devil's advocate for you then.

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Semantics, then.

Once saved always saved. You cannot lose your salvation. The argument goes that anyone who supposedly falls away was never saved, or a Christian, to begin with.

The Disciples and Apostles already taught on this:

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

Warning Against Antichrists:

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.
-
1 John 2

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The Disciples and Apostles already taught on this:
No, they did not. That is talking about antichrists who have claimed to be prophets, claimed to be of God but were merely wolves in sheep's clothing, not average people who come to faith and then fall away.

Full context:

1Jn 2:18 Children, it is the last hour! As you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. From this we know that it is the last hour.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they did not belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. But by going out they made it plain that none of them belongs to us.
1Jn 2:20 But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and all of you have knowledge.
1Jn 2:21 I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and you know that no lie comes from the truth.
1Jn 2:22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; everyone who confesses the Son has the Father also.
1Jn 2:24 Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you will abide in the Son and in the Father.
1Jn 2:25 And this is what he has promised us, eternal life.
1Jn 2:26 I write these things to you concerning those who would deceive you.

It's talking about deceivers, false prophets. Not the average person. You did exactly what I noted to Exile: you took that passage out of context and you ignored basic principles of biblical interpretation.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
Can Gays be Christian? I think that they can. At least Christian Gays are accepting the possibility that God does exist and they do, as individuals, when they become Christian, come under the salvation of Jesus Christ. We are all in a state of ignorance and when Jesus returns, this will all be sorted out.

Can Gays be Christians?

anybody?

love,

tuck

I don't understand the question.

Do you think one earns Salvation, and by that, becomes Christian?

I am gay. I am Christian. I don't believe that being gay is a sin, but do I pray about it? Of course. Very often, because it affects my life.

Let's consider that it is a sin. All people sin, even Christians. Does that mean that there are no Christians? How can you sin and still be a Christian?

Well, there is your answer right there.

Do we earn our salvation, or is our salvation given to us in mercy and grace, despite the sins that we still commit as Christians?

What is sad is that this is an OP.
No one asks, "Can you touch to inappropriate content (lust) and still be Christian?" "Can you be heterosexual, unmarried and sexually active and Christian"? Most are. "Can you get drunk and be Christian"? "Can you eat pork which is clearly forbidden in Leviticus, and still be Christian?" "Can you enter the Kingdom of Heaven if you are obsessed with wealth, when Jesus said entering the Kingdom was hard for a rich man, like pulling a camel through a small doorway with resistance and spitting?"

No. We point and ask "are others good enough to be Christian"?

It is the ANTITHESIS of what Christ taught.

Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0

ZBehr

Apr 26, 2010
Yakima, Wa
Visit site
✟7,744.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Can gays be Christian? Well, Since a Christian is someone who believes in Christ, of course they can. If they're actively gay (sexually active) then they're sinning, but sin doesnt make them any less Christian and it doesn't mean they're not saved. It's not a question of whether they're Christian or whether they're saved, its a question of faith; and if they have faith in Christ and truly believe, then God and the Holy Spirit will do the rest. What right has any of us to presume we can do the job better than the Father?! Our job is to share the Good News, and let the Holy Spirit do His job.

There's a movement of gays and lesbian Christians who have chosen celibacy because of their beliefs. I'm one of them. This decision I've made doesn't make me any more Christian, or any more saved than a gay person who's sexually active. It's not our actions that gives us salvation. It's our belief and our faith in Christ that does it. Nothing more.

With that being said, then why be celibate? Simple. I did it because the Holy Spirit convicted me to do it. I still have other sins I have to deal with (we all do) so do those other sins make us less Christian? No.. That's why Jesus died on the cross for those sins, and rose from the dead in order to purchase a place in Heaven for all who would come to Him, repent of any sin the Spirit convicts us of. Those of us who truly believe in Christ are saved, and we are Christians! We are no longer living under the Law. Lets try to remember that.

Reactions: Supernaut
Upvote 0

Migdala

Follower of Yeshua
May 7, 2010
USA
✟8,563.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Can Gays be Christian? I think that they can. At least Christian Gays are accepting the possibility that God does exist and they do, as individuals, when they become Christian, come under the salvation of Jesus Christ. We are all in a state of ignorance and when Jesus returns, this will all be sorted out.

Can Gays be Christians?

anybody?

love,

tuck

Well, the Bible says that even the demons believe, and shudder. So believing is NOT enough.....a person must REPENT of their sins and believe in Jesus Christ in order to be saved. A person cannot just continue in something that God says is a sin,and still expect to go to Heaven. It's impossible...it's like saying "I believe in Jesus, but I'm gonna do what I want, no matter whether God likes it or not-it's MY will, not God's will!"

That does not cut it at all. I know that when a person is truly saved,the Holy Spirit lives in their hearts, and He convicts them when they do wrong. So if a person is a homosexual and feels no conviction of the Holy Spirit, then how can they believe they are truly saved in the first place? The Holy Spirit must not truly be in them in the first place...and if the Holy Spirit is not in them, then they are not truly saved, and will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven when they die.

I used to be bisexual myself.....when I got saved, that very act became abomidable to me because of the Holy Spirit's conviction. Yes, the temptation is still there at times, but I choose to turn away from it because I know that it is a sin in God's eyes....it's all about REPENTING (turning away from sin).

A person cannot serve both God and Satan.......

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can gays be Christian? Well, Since a Christian is someone who believes in Christ, of course they can. If they're actively gay (sexually active) then they're sinning, but sin doesnt make them any less Christian and it doesn't mean they're not saved. It's not a question of whether they're Christian or whether they're saved, its a question of faith; and if they have faith in Christ and truly believe, then God and the Holy Spirit will do the rest. What right has any of us to presume we can do the job better than the Father?! Our job is to share the Good News, and let the Holy Spirit do His job.

There's a movement of gays and lesbian Christians who have chosen celibacy because of their beliefs. I'm one of them. This decision I've made doesn't make me any more Christian, or any more saved than a gay person who's sexually active. It's not our actions that gives us salvation. It's our belief and our faith in Christ that does it. Nothing more.

With that being said, then why be celibate? Simple. I did it because the Holy Spirit convicted me to do it. I still have other sins I have to deal with (we all do) so do those other sins make us less Christian? No.. That's why Jesus died on the cross for those sins, and rose from the dead in order to purchase a place in Heaven for all who would come to Him, repent of any sin the Spirit convicts us of. Those of us who truly believe in Christ are saved, and we are Christians! We are no longer living under the Law. Lets try to remember that.

Very good post!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Can Gays be Christians?

anybody?

love,

tuck

Yes. :wave:
tulc(needs one more cup of coffee for the night) ;)

Upvote 0

DeStRuCt1oN

Newbie Believer
Jun 21, 2010
Los Angeles
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents." Romans 1:18-30

Therefore, because of the world's rebellion God gave humans over to their immorality of homosexuality, greed, lust, envy, ect. So no one cannot be homosexual and a christian. However, just because someone is homosexual does not mean they cannot repent of their sins to the Lord and be saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents." Romans 1:18-30

Therefore, because of the world's rebellion God gave humans over to their immorality of homosexuality, greed, lust, envy, ect. So no one cannot be homosexual and a christian. However, just because someone is homosexual does not mean they cannot repent of their sins to the Lord and be saved.

You might want to learn what Romans 1 means, because it's not what you think it means.

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom

You have handled your apologia well.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yup. And I'll see you there.:thumbsup:

5Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, "The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses."
6The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."
Blessed are the pure in heart and the contrast to that is? Jesus said religious.....look clean on the outside but white washed tombs in the inside!

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Blessed are the pure in heart and the contrast to that is? Jesus said religious.....look clean on the outside but white washed tombs in the inside!

Yes. Indeed so.
And only by salvation through the Grace of God, by the death of Christ, can this be achieved. Not by the following of the law.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. Indeed so.
And only by salvation through the Grace of God, by the death of Christ, can this be achieved. Not by the following of the law.
Correct , however; when your father ask you to do something and you say no....do you love Him or would you say no then did as he asked is the one who loves Him? God designed us and knows whats best for us, also Jesus came to fulfill the law not abolish the law!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.