✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Can they be? Sure.
Why on earth they would want to be considering a great deal of their 'brothers and sisters' want to see them burn. I dont know.

Its just hilarious how every time somebody tries to use the bible for something they say they have the obviously correct word of god on their side. Anything else is just some guys opinion that got it wrong. I do not think its possible to stop laughing at that. Thanks jaws.
People use God as a banner.....wanting what good God offers, but with nothing invested into it. Takers but not givers. The ones who lose their lives gains their life,but the ones who hold onto their life loses their life!

Jesus sacrificed His life for us and Christians must die to themselves with our very lives!

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Can they be? Sure.
Why on earth they would want to be considering a great deal of their 'brothers and sisters' want to see them burn. I dont know.
Thanks for putting those quotes in there, I appreciate it. I don't want to see people burn. It's the last thing I want to see. At the rate my dad and stepmom are going, that's where they'll end up. I have a number of good friends who are in the same boat. I would love to see them in heaven someday. But it's their choice, not mine. I can give my opinion on the matter, if my words are welcome, but otherwise it's not my place to say anything.

Its just hilarious how every time somebody tries to use the bible for something they say they have the obviously correct word of god on their side. Anything else is just some guys opinion that got it wrong. I do not think its possible to stop laughing at that. Thanks jaws.
Word of God? No. That's Jesus, not the Bible. See, one's worthy of worship, the other's just a compilation of documents that were inspired by God and communicate the Word to our hearts. If you have logical reasons for why you think the message communicated is different than how it reads in English- that the act is sinful- then please, enlighten me. I've yet to hear a convincing, consistent, logical reason for why the English translation for Romans 1 is flawed.

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'll clarify my post, cheeky! ;)

Jesus died for everybody, including homosexuals. Homosexuals can be Christians, as can heterosexuals and asexuals. :thumbsup:
I'm just pointing out that just because anyone CAN accept Jesus, be justified, etc, doesn't mean that they will. Nothing cheeky about being realistic. It's no laughing matter.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Word of God? No. That's Jesus, not the Bible. See, one's worthy of worship, the other's just a compilation of documents that were inspired by God and communicate the Word to our hearts. If you have logical reasons for why you think the message communicated is different than how it reads in English- that the act is sinful- then please, enlighten me. I've yet to hear a convincing, consistent, logical reason for why the English translation for Romans 1 is flawed.
OllieFranz has done a good job of explaining how Romans 1 is a reference to a joke made by Plato, that only the Romans would understand. And Paul tried to hide the same-sex relationships of it, because that wasn't the point of Paul's use of the joke.

Aside from that, 1) Why did God give them over, and exchange "physin" with "para physin". If Paul's audience was gay, what were they exchanging? And 2) Why was the entire premise of that chapter directly referring to Christians who returned to paganism, and engaged in pagan sex rituals? Why is Paul's condemnation only related to Unbridled passion in the context of pagan worship?

Are you therefore claiming, that gays only experience unbridled passion while engaging in pagan worship in the 21st Century?

Reactions: Supernaut
Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Can Gays be Christian? I think that they can. At least Christian Gays are accepting the possibility that God does exist and they do, as individuals, when they become Christian, come under the salvation of Jesus Christ. We are all in a state of ignorance and when Jesus returns, this will all be sorted out.

Can Gays be Christians?

anybody?

love,

tuck

What's a Gay?

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
All people, gay or straight, are children of God. They will be treated accordingly.
They're not children of God until they make a decision:

Joh 1:12 But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God,
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God.

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
OllieFranz has done a good job of explaining how Romans 1 is a reference to a joke made by Plato, that only the Romans would understand. And Paul tried to hide the same-sex relationships of it, because that wasn't the point of Paul's use of the joke.

Aside from that, 1) Why did God give them over, and exchange "physin" with "para physin". If Paul's audience was gay, what were they exchanging? And 2) Why was the entire premise of that chapter directly referring to Christians who returned to paganism, and engaged in pagan sex rituals? Why is Paul's condemnation only related to Unbridled passion in the context of pagan worship?

Are you therefore claiming, that gays only experience unbridled passion while engaging in pagan worship in the 21st Century?
I am claiming that the action is condemned, same as I always have. In none of yours or Ollie's posts have I ever seen any evidence to testify to your claims. They're empty until you or he can provide legit sources.

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They're not children of God until they make a decision:

Joh 1:12 But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God,
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God.

Ahh..... yes from a spiritual sense yes. But as the Creator, one who knew us all prior to conception, that makes us all His. But yes, it is us who must recognize Him as our Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I am claiming that the action is condemned, same as I always have. In none of yours or Ollie's posts have I ever seen any evidence to testify to your claims. They're empty until you or he can provide legit sources.

What action is condemned? You didn't answer my question. What are Paul's audience "exchanging" if they are gay, and why does it only refer to cases of pagan worship?

This whole scenario reminds me of creationism. The conclusion is already predetermined, and the evidence is pigeonholed to make sure that conclusion is true. So gays are bad, just because, and the Bible proves it because I say so.

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What action is condemned? You didn't answer my question. What are Paul's audience "exchanging" if they are gay, and why does it only refer to cases of pagan worship?

This whole scenario reminds me of creationism. The conclusion is already predetermined, and the evidence is pigeonholed to make sure that conclusion is true. So gays are bad, just because, and the Bible proves it because I say so.

Marriage is always man and woman. Sexual holiness is within the marriage arrangement.

You are right. The conclusion was already predetermined. Says Jesus.

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Of course gays and lesbians can be Christians just like black people and left-handed people can be Christians

What's a "gay" and what's a "lesbian?"

I've been taught that "black people" are a race, but I've never seen the race of homosexuality. I've been taught that homosexual behavior happens among the peoples that makeup mankind, and even within the animal kingdom, but I've never heard of the race of gay or of lesbian.

Have you?:confused:

As for the incessant and inappropriate comparison of consentual same gender sexual behavior to people being left handed:

At once the Benjamites mobilized twenty-six thousand swordsmen from their towns, in addition to seven hundred chosen men from those living in Gibeah. Among all these soldiers there were seven hundred chosen men who were left-handed, each of whom could sling a stone at a hair and not miss.

Judges 20:15-16

Again to dispell this propaganda tactic:

Again the Israelites cried out to the LORD, and he gave them a deliverer--Ehud, a left-handed man, the son of Gera the Benjamite. The Israelites sent him with tribute to Eglon king of Moab.

Judges 3:15

Now, if you would BigBadWolf, please offer up any positive, celebratory notice of someone that engages in same gender sexual behavior in the Bible?

And yes, you can try the David and Jonathan example. Or Ruth and Naomi.

Those offerings are just as easy to rebutt FROM the Bible as the left-handedness stuff.

I eagerly await your reply.

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Evolution is not science: legalize creationism.
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Gays can be and are Christians e.g. the state of Texas.

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" -- Romans 3:10

Our blessed Savior was proud to surround himself with the scum of the Earth and minister unto them: liars, harlots, etc.

Therefore I think anyone can be a Christian including murderers. Many of the disciples were Roman centurions. And let's not forget that Christian priests rape boys.

Priests Rape Boys

This is precisely why we all need Jesus in our lives.

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes, I believe homosexuals can be Christians.

But can Christians engage in homosexuality? Should they? It seems clear from the testimony of the New Testament writers the answer is no.

Different churches have varying views on this subject, so they don't all agree with my assessment.

That's not surprising.

Many churches are accepting of homosexuals who are chaste. There are other churches that welcome homosexuals that engage in same-sex relations.

There is no support for Christian marriage to be between same gender individuals. Not anywhere in the New Testament. For the record.

Who gets to judge what does or does not constitute as a Christian?

You already have your answer:

"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

- Matthew 18:15-17

Jesus detailed marriage as a man and a woman. The Apostles detailed the marriage bed as being kept pure in the exact same configuration.

There is no such thing as same gender marriage in the New Testament.

Do the necessary reasoning from there on appropriate sexual behavior. This subject is not a tough one to figure out if you don't view Jesus, the Apostles and the Bible as nonsense. Or a religion of hate because holiness is expected when stated as such.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Gays can be and are Christians e.g. the state of Texas.

Assuming that there is such a thing as a gay. Gay is a monker applied to a person, not a race or culture right?

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" -- Romans 3:10

So what? Does that mean we celebrate sin? Both Paul and King David say no.

Our blessed Savior was proud to surround himself with the scum of the Earth and minister unto them: liars, harlots, etc.

Did he tell them to stay scum of the earth?

Therefore I think anyone can be a Christian including murderers.

Saint John disagrees with your position there.

Many of the disciples were Roman centurions.

When? Did they stay cutthroat Roman conquerors after they became Christians via the Apostles?

And let's not forget that Christian priests rape boys.

Priests Rape Boys

Think about what your statement here is actually saying.

This is precisely why we all need Jesus in our lives.

It is not to stay in our sins. Can you point out anywhere where Jesus pointed to a sinner and rejoiced that they celebrated their sin life and refused to repent of it?

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Marriage is always man and woman. Sexual holiness is within the marriage arrangement.

You are right. The conclusion was already predetermined. Says Jesus.

Sorry, I don't accept any biblical basis for marriage. Marriage changes with society, always has always will. Martin Luther considered it a worldly thing.

Upvote 0

Exiledoomsayer

Only toke me 1 year to work out how to change this
Jan 7, 2010
✟10,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for putting those quotes in there, I appreciate it. I don't want to see people burn. It's the last thing I want to see. At the rate my dad and stepmom are going, that's where they'll end up. I have a number of good friends who are in the same boat. I would love to see them in heaven someday. But it's their choice, not mine. I can give my opinion on the matter, if my words are welcome, but otherwise it's not my place to say anything.
This part of my post was in general, try to tell me there are no christians like that at all. No pulling a 'no true scotsman' now.

many have yet to hear a convincing, consistent, logical reason for evolution to be true. I dont know what to tell you.

But really the post wasnt aimed at you specifically you where just a funny example with regards to the second part of my post. To be honest I am not that interested In how you paint your own sense morality to be gods will. I just find it hilarious that you do it.

I do not however think of you as personally wanting to torture the gays to death.

Upvote 0

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Guys, there is no sex in Heaven, there is in Paradise, but not in Heaven.

And Saint Paul promoted and practiced "abstinence". He did say though that if you couldn't do that that you should then get married.

Anyway sex is a "this world reality" and not a Heaven reality. And in an ideal world, a Christian would be "in this world" but not "of this world."

True Christianity, at least the way the Jesus presented it, is for most of us a difficult to impossible road to travel, but most of us get to be Christians anyway. :)

love,

tuck

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟905,276.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Guys, there is no sex in Heaven, there is in Paradise, but not in Heaven.

And Saint Paul promoted and practiced "abstinence". He did say though that if you couldn't do that that you should then get married.

Anyway sex is a "this world reality" and not a Heaven reality. And in an ideal world, a Christian would be "in this world" but not "of this world."

True Christianity, at least the way the Jesus presented it, is for most of us a difficult to impossible road to travel, but most of us get to be Christians anyway. :)

love,

tuck

Do you get to keep your boy bits?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.