Southwest
✟92,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every week you can find Christian news reports of people around the world losing their jobs, being arrested, or being tried for voicing opposition to, or even questioning the transgender cultural trend. What's surprising is that most of these cases involve individuals making comments on private websites. This alone should have any free speech advocate upset with both the intolerant accusing parties, as well as the government systems coddling to the cultural agenda.

For Christians here that think the whole self-gender identifying trend is foolish but trivial, it's time to wake up and see what's happening. It took 20-30 years of aggressive activism for the gay community to successfully and significantly change America's culture. The transgender advocates are making progress much faster. In both cases, the Christian implications are the same, involving a much more profound development than just sexual freedom.

The LGBT movement is an inevitable result of the post-modernism movement that started decades ago. In short, it's a battle against objective reality which Christians should recognize as the Bible and subjective reality which is loosely determined by individuals' feelings and preferences. Will Christians cave in to the pressure now as before, thus compromising the very foundation of truth? Or will we fight this cultural trend, understanding its significance.

I believe we're in a cultural war between those who embrace God, the Bible, and objective truth versus those who oppose God, reject the Bible, and pursue their own subjective beliefs and values. Might I suggest that the removal of the Bible and prayer from public schools, teaching of evolution over creationism, prohibition of posting the ten commandments or Christmas nativity scenes on public property, support of abortion, and LGBT movement are all part of the spiritual warfare Satan is enacting upon America and the world. We must choose our side. For Christians called to be salt of the earth, this means speaking up when the opportunity arises, but be prepared for the growing legal and financial repercussions.

Now, here are just 3 recent examples of the hundreds of individuals being persecuted for thinking that God created two kinds, male and female, or that biology defines a person's sex and gender.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You could look at the transgender debate another way, the enemies of God have finally found an issue divisive enough to start going after the religious without fear of being stopped "because it's for the children"

Now they can start removing the kids of Christians and attacking freedom of speech and freedom of religion in real time and have a chance of winning the hearts and minds game even while they do it.

They've spent decades looking for the issue that they could use with this much effect, and finally found it.

It was inevitable. So we stand on the ground God gave us to stand on until the ground itself is gone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,588.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Universal law of justice: You get what you deserve.

In the case of the trans movement, it's just part of the equality movement. Here, men and women are literally the same. Interestingly, the biggest pushers of equality (women) are now suffering the most from the trans movement. How long before women's sports are wrecked?

I know many in the LGB community are against the Ts. The Ts are the wrecking balls of society.

The real solution is to go after the religion of equality. But women will never allow that, and they rule.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every week you can find Christian news reports of people around the world losing their jobs, being arrested, or being tried for voicing opposition to, or even questioning the transgender cultural trend. What's surprising is that most of these cases involve individuals making comments on private websites. This alone should have any free speech advocate upset with both the intolerant accusing parties, as well as the government systems coddling to the cultural agenda.

For Christians here that think the whole self-gender identifying trend is foolish but trivial, it's time to wake up and see what's happening. It took 20-30 years of aggressive activism for the gay community to successfully and significantly change America's culture. The transgender advocates are making progress much faster. In both cases, the Christian implications are the same, involving a much more profound development than just sexual freedom.

The LGBT movement is an inevitable result of the post-modernism movement that started decades ago. In short, it's a battle against objective reality which Christians should recognize as the Bible and subjective reality which is loosely determined by individuals' feelings and preferences. Will Christians cave in to the pressure now as before, thus compromising the very foundation of truth? Or will we fight this cultural trend, understanding its significance.

I believe we're in a cultural war between those who embrace God, the Bible, and objective truth versus those who oppose God, reject the Bible, and pursue their own subjective beliefs and values. Might I suggest that the removal of the Bible and prayer from public schools, teaching of evolution over creationism, prohibition of posting the ten commandments or Christmas nativity scenes on public property, support of abortion, and LGBT movement are all part of the spiritual warfare Satan is enacting upon America and the world. We must choose our side. For Christians called to be salt of the earth, this means speaking up when the opportunity arises, but be prepared for the growing legal and financial repercussions.

Now, here are just 3 recent examples of the hundreds of individuals being persecuted for thinking that God created two kinds, male and female, or that biology defines a person's sex and gender.

I don't think it helps to promote the Kingdom of God when some ( if not all) Christian media outlets capitalize on the LGBTQ community to fuel hate rather than Love. This is the real threat. We live in a secular world aka " the harvest". What did Jesus Christ of Nazareth do with sinners? We should strive to do the same, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and continue forward with His Commission.
Blessings.

35 And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. 36 When he saw the crowds, He had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”

Blessings.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it helps to promote the Kingdom of God when some ( if not all) Christian media outlets capitalize on the LGBTQ community to fuel hate rather than Love. This is the real threat. We live in a secular world aka " the harvest". What did Jesus Christ of Nazareth do with sinners? We should strive to do the same, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and continue forward with His Commission.
Blessings.

35 And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. 36 When he saw the crowds, He had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”

Blessings.

Ok, but people lost jobs went to court by just quoting bible verses, parents are threatened to lost custody of kids, and they are teaching this stuff to kids.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Transgenderism is just the latest cultural wedge the media and politicians are using to drive engagement with their platforms. The more we’re all preoccupied with something that concerns 1% of the population, the less likely we are to recognize how much we all really have in common. The more divided we are, the less likely we are to push for fundamental change.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, but people lost jobs went to court by just quoting bible verses, parents are threatened to lost custody of kids, and they are teaching this stuff to kids.
I understand but who cast the first stone? No one gets put into jail for quoting bible verses. There was hate involved first. Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand but who cast the first stone? No one gets put into jail for quoting bible verses. There was hate involved first. Blessings.

What? hate by quoting bible verses? and you don-t need to go to jail to suffer, losing jobs is enough trouble. Parents are threatened to loose custody by -misgendering- their own kids? hate? what hate?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It took 20-30 years of aggressive activism for the gay community to successfully and significantly change America's culture.
Balanced against the hundreds of years of aggressive activism by Christians against such folks. Seems fine.
The LGBT movement is an inevitable result of the post-modernism movement that started decades ago.
No it wasn't. It's about gay people wanting to be gay without being told they are abominations or worse.
Will Christians cave in to the pressure now as before, thus compromising the very foundation of truth?
Yep, because that is what has happened throughout history. It's why Christianity is so successful. It adapts to the culture around it.
I believe we're in a cultural war between those who embrace God, the Bible, and objective truth versus those who oppose God, reject the Bible,
Here's the thing. Non-Christians are not engaging in a 'war' against Christians. For the non-Christian God is simply not a consideration. Certainly not a windmill to be quixotically tilted against. No one sits about thinking "If I love so and so that'll really stick it to God".
Might I suggest that the removal of the Bible and prayer from public schools, teaching of evolution over creationism, prohibition of posting the ten commandments or Christmas nativity scenes on public property, support of abortion, and LGBT movement are all part of the spiritual warfare Satan is enacting upon America and the world.
You may. But you would be wrong. Again, for the majority of people on the planet the tenants of Christianity are irrelevant; further the vast majority of people do not know what those tenants are. So it's hardly a planned assault in a religion but people not of that particular religion.

For Christians called to be salt of the earth, this means speaking up when the opportunity arises, but be prepared for the growing legal and financial repercussions.
And this is exactly where we are in society. Your religion tells you to do xyz. You know the consequence. So you need to weigh up whether you religion is worth being sanctioned by society or not. Griping that that things aren't so easy for Christians any more isn't very meaningful.
So several hundreds in the however many Christians there are in the world? So you have more chance of being shot to death in a school in America than being a Christian being sanctioned for breaking the social contract we all agree to abide by if we want to part of society?

Not impressed with your woes.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Transgenderism is just the latest cultural wedge the media and politicians are using to drive engagement with their platforms. The more we’re all preoccupied with something that concerns 1% of the population, the less likely we are to recognize how much we all really have in common. The more divided we are, the less likely we are to push for fundamental change.

That's partially true, but for those on the Left or the Right who push for their specific brand of equality and/or rights, where do they expect the ideological rubber-band to be able to stretch to where Christians are concerned?

What I'm getting at is that somewhere in the deep recesses of our individual ideologies, whether they're political or social or religious in nature, there remain philosophical tensions from competing axioms that aren't going to simply resolve themselves into a new Hegelian Synthesis ...

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What? hate by quoting bible verses? and you don-t need to go to jail to suffer, losing jobs is enough trouble. Parents are threatened to loose custody by -misgendering- their own kids? hate? what hate?
I am reading through the articles you posted. The first one, the Chaplin, cast the first stone by writing against LGBTQ in sports. That is considered hate. Then to top if off decides to sue, which is not what Christians do. I'll read through the rest when I can but like I said, no one gets put in jail for quoting bible verses. There was a hateful act first. Blessings.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And this is exactly where we are in society. Your religion tells you to do xyz. You know the consequence. So you need to weigh up whether you religion is worth being sanctioned by society or not. Griping that that things aren't so easy for Christians any more isn't very meaningful.

Suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt!!! ..... That means I get more opportunity to counter the foundations of various people's political and ideological (maybe even some scientific) assumptions, of all kinds! .................................. YEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAA !!!

Let's Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am reading through the articles you posted. The first one, the Chaplin, cast the first stone by writing against LGBTQ in sports. That is considered hate. Then to top if off decides to sue, which is not what Christians do. I'll read through the rest when I can but like I said, no one gets put in jail for quoting bible verses. There was a hateful act first. Blessings.

I-m not the author of the thread.
Is not hate to stand up for truth, you don-t need to hate to have a different opinion, this is something they do all the time, you think different than me? then you are a hater/bigot. There is no middle ground it seems.

Passing different beliefs and opinoins as hate and then creating laws to punish like that should raise alarm in people who believe in freedom.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I-m not the author of the thread.
Is not hate to stand up for truth, you don-t need to hate to have a different opinion, this is something they do all the time, you think different than me? then you are a hater/bigot. There is no middle ground it seems.

Passing different beliefs and opinoins as hate and then creating laws to punish like that should raise alarm in people who believe in freedom.
Like I said, what did Jesus Christ of Nazareth do with sinners.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I remember when the plade of allegiance was in school. I remember when it was not, and that is when I fight be ganging. It's time to take it back.
Yes, back to before 1954.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's partially true, but for those on the Left or the Right who push for their specific brand of equality and/or rights, where do they expect the ideological rubber-band to be able to stretch to where Christians are concerned?

What I'm getting at is that somewhere in the deep recesses of our individual ideologies, whether they're political or social or religious in nature, there remain philosophical tensions from competing axioms that aren't going to simply resolve themselves into a new Hegelian Synthesis ...
I don’t think our ideologies are quite as idiosyncratically incompatible as you’re suggesting. Class interests unite far more of us than the political and donor classes would have you believe. That’s what my original post alludes to. Sure, we may be truly split on these wedge issues, but it is a concerted effort by those in power to keep those issues at the forefront of the discourse.

• Agree
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.