Between grape juice and wine - who knows Federweißer?

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Between grape juice and wine - who knows Federweißer?

Between the beers of Oktoberfest and the sticky mittens of Glühwein is the cloudy, light, young wine called Federweißer. The name translates to "feather white" and refers to the cloudy appearance of this early wine.

Not that this is its only name. It is also called Neuer Susser, Junger Wein, Najer Woi, Bremser, Most or simply Neuer Wein (new wine). While the name depends on the region, you can count on finding it everywhere in Germany from September to the end of October.

More about it: Germany's Federweisser Fall Wine

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry, but the first thing that popped into my head was “hey, maybe the Baptists can use this!” Kind of like a middle road?

No disrespect meant, I’m a former Baptist, my husband’s a Baptist, and I love those guys. Just saying, though. Maybe it could work?

editorial note; I have been on CF for way too long, it seems.

Well, but they than would have to take care - because fermentation starts rather early.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
More info:

Due to the high concentration of vitamins, minerals and micro elements, Federweisser is a very healthy drink. It also has a purifying effect. But because of its very befuddling effect, you should drink it only in moderation. Especially the sweetness of Federweisser can seduce you to drink too much of it. It is recommendable to enjoy Federweisser together with very rich meals. According to tradition, specialties like onion tart, which is known as "quiche Alsace" in Alsace and in the Rhon mountains as "Zwiebelsploatz", quiche Lorraine or liver sausage with potatoes are served together with Federweisser wine.

New Wine Federweisser Process Grape Fermentation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I haven’t, but it sounds good. I like sweet things, and this sounds good. And I don’t like getting totaled or buzzed, so it sounds like a mild option, which is nice.

It is here again now! :)

Upvote 0