North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Works built upon the foundation of Christ will survive, works done out of self will be burned away. As always, the motive in the heart will be the determining factor.

I am doing better now that I'm away from that old arguing website, and have had my heart arrhythmia fixed! Thank you, how have you been?

Just collapsed almost a week ago and as I have so often heard they found in my 5 day stay at the hospital. My heart has been all over the place fast, slow, stopped oh that’s not yet. But as He has told not anything or even everything can add or take away for His appointed time. I feel like Paul I would be with Him in the twinkling of an eye but He still has work for me to do here. The Lord grows more awesome with each minute as it slips away. It really is good to dwell in unity and I am so happy the Lord has led you to a place you can be refreshed as we journey through this wilderness of sin. Loved your response about what survives and what will provide one heck of a bonfire that day. Thank you merciful Lord for all you have done and for your Holy Spirit as our comforter and guarantee. May your Holy Name be honored in all we do, all we say and in all our lives. Thank you raising up the fine folks both those we agree with and those we don’t agree and May shouts of joy and victory resound from your people who are loved by the Lord God Almighty. Even so Lord Jesus come. Amen and God bless enjoy the journey my brother.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you know how hard it is to post and NOT offend someone? When THIS kind of subject gets talked about.. one the past will ALWAYS get talked about and I haven't seen every page but I bet its been talked about. Why the good things are not talked about..when thats what Christ ALWAYS does to me. I could have just sinned and .. He always treats me.. just sees the good. Makes me feel worse. Not what He did or wanted to do. Hes holy.

I will not speak negative against you. I want you to know I will always fight for you.. defend you when I never have to for your GOD always has your back sides front.. NO ONE gets to touch you. I will always pray for you speak words of life to you. You sin was taken care of by Christ not me. As I say to the lost.. I say to the believer. Theres no condemnation.. no guilt.. no fear worry doubt. No matter what you do get wrong right.. I will always be praying for you.. not my will not what I want to see or hear. I am just a branch like you. If this how HE always has treated me I will treat you. Your past is not mine to toss in your face. Christ forgave you. You never see it never will but I at night cry out repent.. want to change. So if I do this.. I will treat others as if they do also.

Do you know believe Jesus came in the flesh born from virgin Mary died on the cross for the worlds sin. Was buried rose the 3rd day is the only way to the Father. <--if this is what you believe your family.. this is what matters. I am no prophet or apostle so I have no authority to speak to you about your life. I am not over you. We all have a free choice. We need to know.. its HIS not ours.. being family still gives me no right to talk about you.. well I would not like it.. so I do the same for all. I call them.. go to them.. email what ever and I never tell anyone else what it was. Well GOOD things dont happen. And I want to help heal bring life show Christ.. point to Him. So.. prosperity <--thats the word they use. This other people use I see it as name calling. Well its not used in a good light. All good things come for God. This is my choice. If I offended forgive me. I will have to answer for EVERY WORD I have ever spoken. Not to some man or woman but a GOD! Sorry but.. yeah.

If Benny never repented.. PRAISE GOD! Never thought he was wrong before nor after this. He dosent sin against me

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've long had a sense that Benny Hinn would eventually change for the better.
Like Jim Bakker selling food now, a practical outlet for his salesmanship ability, a change for the better.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nope, he left Christ's Church, so until he repents and returns, he is not saved.

We are not saved by church membership. If we were, then even Satan could be saved.
We are saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Personally, I believe that every born again believer should be a member of a Bible believing and teaching church. However, the facts are......
there is NO Scriptures which says, demands or suggests that salvation comes from church membership.

John 14:6 Jesus saith to them...……….
"I am the way the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father except by me".

• Winner
Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are not saved by church membership
I agree and never said this.
If we were, then even Satan could be saved.
We are saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Personally, I believe that every born again believer should be a member of a Bible believing and teaching church. However, the facts are......
there is NO Scriptures which says, demands or suggests that salvation comes from church membership.

John 14:6 Jesus saith to them...……….
"I am the way the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father except by me".
so the rest of your post is pointless

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And I like that-and would hope that's the case here. But the suspicion that the disciples held Paul in at first was not unwarranted. And Mr Hinn, as opposed to Paul, came from a background of Christian knowledge/truths that should've given him an advantage all this time. Either way, hopefully Mr Hinn's situation will play out to be similar to Paul's in the end.

Agreed. The only two who know is Mr. Hinn and God.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Unless of course he was just trying to separate the rebellious Jesus following Jews from the Jewish faith. What he wrote was merely beneficial to religion builders. In what way did the religion totally emulate the original WAY?

Or.....maybe he wrote down what God told him to write.

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you know how hard it is to post and NOT offend someone? When THIS kind of subject gets talked about.. one the past will ALWAYS get talked about and I haven't seen every page but I bet its been talked about. Why the good things are not talked about..when thats what Christ ALWAYS does to me. I could have just sinned and .. He always treats me.. just sees the good. Makes me feel worse. Not what He did or wanted to do. Hes holy.

I will not speak negative against you. I want you to know I will always fight for you.. defend you when I never have to for your GOD always has your back sides front.. NO ONE gets to touch you. I will always pray for you speak words of life to you. You sin was taken care of by Christ not me. As I say to the lost.. I say to the believer. Theres no condemnation.. no guilt.. no fear worry doubt. No matter what you do get wrong right.. I will always be praying for you.. not my will not what I want to see or hear. I am just a branch like you. If this how HE always has treated me I will treat you. Your past is not mine to toss in your face. Christ forgave you. You never see it never will but I at night cry out repent.. want to change. So if I do this.. I will treat others as if they do also.

Do you know believe Jesus came in the flesh born from virgin Mary died on the cross for the worlds sin. Was buried rose the 3rd day is the only way to the Father. <--if this is what you believe your family.. this is what matters. I am no prophet or apostle so I have no authority to speak to you about your life. I am not over you. We all have a free choice. We need to know.. its HIS not ours.. being family still gives me no right to talk about you.. well I would not like it.. so I do the same for all. I call them.. go to them.. email what ever and I never tell anyone else what it was. Well GOOD things dont happen. And I want to help heal bring life show Christ.. point to Him. So.. prosperity <--thats the word they use. This other people use I see it as name calling. Well its not used in a good light. All good things come for God. This is my choice. If I offended forgive me. I will have to answer for EVERY WORD I have ever spoken. Not to some man or woman but a GOD! Sorry but.. yeah.

If Benny never repented.. PRAISE GOD! Never thought he was wrong before nor after this. He dosent sin against me

great meat for us to chew on, thanks. Lord they don't follow us and shouldn't we stop them? No the important thing is Christ and Christ crucified is being preached. Benny taught error but he taught the Christ and Christ crucified. Yes we need to show error that is error out and seek to restore those who have been harmed by what ever teaching bad doctrine Do we know spend our time attacking Benny and others or are we called to be the Ministers of Reconciliation Scripture teaches. As Scripture asks, who are we to criticize another mans servant and Benny and all of us our His servants and no one has the right to dump on another, it is so easy to do in our flesh but we are to do it with all meekness that we not be overcome with words, thoughts, actions or non-actions and do greater sin in the eyes of the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus and the Way taught church was an actual way of life of any group of those living in the ways of the Kingdom rather than the ways of man. It was not what happened later when it was institutionalized and there was all sorts of ways of life and then church on Sunday, neither od which actually followed the will of God but gave it lip service. So salvation is tied to church but only if lived according to the right will, and only as a result of the change to that will in the first place before becoming a part of true church..

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus and the Way taught church was an actual way of life of any group of those living in the ways of the Kingdom rather than the ways of man. It was not what happened later when it was institutionalized and there was all sorts of ways of life and then church on Sunday, neither od which actually followed the will of God but gave it lip service. So salvation is tied to church but only if lived according to the right will, and only as a result of the change to that will in the first place before becoming a part of true church..

Many, many churches have propagated such a thought and that does not make it Biblical.

The Catholic church today says that the church is an essential to salvation. Churches can and do say all kinds of things, however, there is NOTHING in the Scriptures' which say that "Church membership is required for salvation".

If church membership is not required for salvation, why should any person want to be a member? Joining a church is similar to joining any group that has a clearly defined mission and message. Many people working and pulling together can accomplish far greater things than individuals working alone.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Many, many churches have propagated such a thought and that does not make it Biblical.

The Catholic church today says that the church is an essential to salvation. Churches can and do say all kinds of things, however, there is NOTHING in the Scriptures' which say that "Church membership is required for salvation".

If church membership is not required for salvation, why should any person want to be a member? Joining a church is similar to joining any group that has a clearly defined mission and message. Many people working and pulling together can accomplish far greater things than individuals working alone.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Your post was very eloquent and well thought out and said. I can see your heart felt thoughts and I appreciate them.

However, the preachers of the Prosperity gospel may not have sinned against YOU, but they have sinned against God, and in the end, isn't that what all men will be judged for???

2 Peter 2:3 ...
'And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you.'

What is the prosperity gospel? Exactly what it says, it teaches that you NEED prosperity in your material life. It doesn't preach that you need prosperity in your 'spiritual' life, which the Bible teaches, but in your material worldly life. All they are preaching is IDOLATRY, elevating wealth and possessions above God, and elevating created things above the CREATOR.

This is 'another' gospel which Paul warned about ... Galatians 1:6 ...
'I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.'

1 Timothy 6:5-8 ...
'Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.'

These preachers of the prosperity gospel are certainly perverting the true gospel of Christ Jesus. But Paul says there isn't another gospel, but only one true gospel of Jesus.

John 10:10 ...….
"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.'

Now the false preachers of the prosperity gospel will look at this Bible verse and twist it to their liking. But what did Jesus really mean when He said He came to give life more abundantly? Was He talking about worldly possessions? Well, if you study through the whole council of God, you will see that to be a true Christian in this world you will go through persecution and tribulation (John 16:33; Acts 14:22; 1 Thess. 3:4; 1 Peter 4:12), and that you are to use what you have to help the poor.

Now does that sound like worldly prosperity and abundance? Of course not. No, Christ was talking about the abundance of His Spirit in your life, giving you peace and joy that no worldly possession can give you. He was also pointing to the abundant life that He will give us in His heavenly kingdom.

Think about this: Did the disciples and apostles receive an abundant life the way the prosperity preachers proclaim? Definately not. They went through great persecution and tribulation for the gospel of Jesus Christ and they were killed for their faith. BUT, their life more abundant is awaiting them in the heavenly kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
'And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you.'

What is the prosperity gospel? Exactly what it says, it teaches that you NEED prosperity in your material life. It doesn't preach that you need prosperity in your 'spiritual' life, which the Bible teaches, but in your material worldly life. All they are preaching is IDOLATRY, elevating wealth and possessions above God, and elevating created things above the CREATOR.

This is 'another' gospel which Paul warned about ... Galatians 1:6 ...
'I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.'

1 Timothy 6:5-8 ...
'Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.'

These preachers of the prosperity gospel are certainly perverting the true gospel of Christ Jesus. But Paul says there isn't another gospel, but only one true gospel of Jesus.

John 10:10 ...….
"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.'

Now the false preachers of the prosperity gospel will look at this Bible verse and twist it to their liking. But what did Jesus really mean when He said He came to give life more abundantly? Was He talking about worldly possessions? Well, if you study through the whole council of God, you will see that to be a true Christian in this world you will go through persecution and tribulation (John 16:33; Acts 14:22; 1 Thess. 3:4; 1 Peter 4:12), and that you are to use what you have to help the poor.

Now does that sound like worldly prosperity and abundance? Of course not. No, Christ was talking about the abundance of His Spirit in your life, giving you peace and joy that no worldly possession can give you. He was also pointing to the abundant life that He will give us in His heavenly kingdom.

Think about this: Did the disciples and apostles receive an abundant life the way the prosperity preachers proclaim? Definately not. They went through great persecution and tribulation for the gospel of Jesus Christ and they were killed for their faith. BUT, their life more abundant is awaiting them in the heavenly kingdom of God.
Plagiarized from The Prosperity Gospel - False Preachers

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In case you have not heard or seen this, Benny Hinn has confessed and repented and rebuked the "Properity Gospel...……..

Do you think he is being honest or did he get saved??????

What he said is what a lot of preachers have been saying for a long time.

What is the prosperity gospel? Exactly what it says, it teaches that you NEED prosperity in your material life. It doesn't preach that you need prosperity in your 'spiritual' life, which the Bible teaches, but in your material worldly life. All they are preaching is IDOLATRY, elevating wealth and possessions above God, and elevating created things above the CREATOR. This is 'another' gospel which Paul warned about ... Galatians 1:6 ...

1 Timothy 6:5-8 ...…"
Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.'

Thoughts????????

That is a good video.... I heard this several months ago.

Benny Hinn is really gifted as you will begin to perhaps better understand if you listen to this video around the three minute mark. Benny Hinn gave the same prophecy to my wife in Bogota, Colombia in 1995 and again in Quito, Ecuador a year or so later. (He told her that she would travel all over the world and would be given a foreign husband....... so I owe Benny Hinn big)!

The Mystery Of The Power Words @ The River Of Waupun Session Ten

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Zacchaeus repented:

Luke 19:8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, it's the thought that counts.

yes, it is whether they have gained their wealth through fleecing their flock as it were ( false teachers, prophets etc). there WERE those in the Bible who God did bless with wealth (Lydia, Abraham and his family, Job, Solomon etc) but there is a difference between well-gained, honestly gained wealth (from an honest days work, or inheitance etc) and walth brought from "merchandising the Gospel." and i do believe if youa re rich it means you have a responsibiloity to live generously.

Upvote 0