Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In case you have not heard or seen this, Benny Hinn has confessed and repented and rebuked the "Properity Gospel...……..

Do you think he is being honest or did he get saved??????

What he said is what a lot of preachers have been saying for a long time.

2 Peter 2:3 ...
'And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you.'

What is the prosperity gospel? Exactly what it says, it teaches that you NEED prosperity in your material life. It doesn't preach that you need prosperity in your 'spiritual' life, which the Bible teaches, but in your material worldly life. All they are preaching is IDOLATRY, elevating wealth and possessions above God, and elevating created things above the CREATOR. This is 'another' gospel which Paul warned about ... Galatians 1:6 ...
'I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.'

1 Timothy 6:5-8 ...…"
Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.'

These preachers of the prosperity gospel are certainly perverting the true gospel of Christ Jesus. But Paul says there isn't another gospel, but only one true gospel of Jesus.

Thoughts????????

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, it's the thought that counts.

Good. I want to have enough money so I don't have to worry about it (worrying about stuff takes your mind off of God).

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Good. I want to have enough money so I don't have to worry about it (worrying about stuff takes your mind off of God).
Well that is between you and Him and those who may benefit from your material security.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well that is between you and Him and those who may benefit from your material security.

Agreed. I do spread it around for the benefit of others, for a small interest fee of course.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, almost. Close but no prize. God said to serve others without gain at their expense. Keep trying. You're close.

I got that covered with charitable donations. :holy:

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Got a scripture for that?
The entire gospel of the Kingdom

or just for the fun of it

Matthew 23: 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Micah 2: 1 Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds! when the morning is light, they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand. 2 And they covet fields, and take them by violence; and houses, and take them away: so they oppress a man and his house, even a man and his heritage. 3 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil, from which ye shall not remove your necks; neither shall ye go haughtily: for this time is evil.

Proverbs 22: 16 He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want.

etc

and of course the OT talks of interest free loans.

Deuteronomy 23:19 Thou shalt not lend upon interest to thy brother: interest of money, interest of victuals, interest of any thing that is lent upon interest.

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In case you have not heard or seen this, Benny Hinn has confessed and repented and rebuked the "Properity Gospel...……..

'And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you.'

What is the prosperity gospel? Exactly what it says, it teaches that you NEED prosperity in your material life. It doesn't preach that you need prosperity in your 'spiritual' life, which the Bible teaches, but in your material worldly life. All they are preaching is IDOLATRY, elevating wealth and possessions above God, and elevating created things above the CREATOR. This is 'another' gospel which Paul warned about ... Galatians 1:6 ...
'I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.'

Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.'

These preachers of the prosperity gospel are certainly perverting the true gospel of Christ Jesus. But Paul says there isn't another gospel, but only one true gospel of Jesus.

Thoughts????????

I am no fan of any of the prosperity preachers but are you asking do we accept a confession if it meets what we believe to be true or untrue the two are not connected. How many times Lord do I forgive, 7 times. What would it mean if the Lord said 7 x 70 if you believe them or by some other subjective human feeling about the quality of the person or their apology. I would ask what you think of these confessions.

First, not me Lord it was the Serpents.

Second, not my fault Lord you gave me the woman it’s yours and her fault.

Of course these were the confession(?) Of Adam and Eve and what did the Lord do? Inspect the confessions and throw the first couple out of the Garden? Maybe the Lord gave an unrecorded fire and brimstone dressing down? The Lord slew the Innocent for the guilty and restoration.

Grace is foreign to men. It is illustrated by Noah and his sons. Noah got whacked drinking and may or may not have done something of a sexual nature. The important part isn’t what Noah did we aren’t told it is his being naked and his sons response to it. Nakedness is often used in Scripture to uncovered sin. Hence Adam and Eve naked and needing to be covered their guilt introduced the philosophy of saving self through works. So Noah was naked and whatever sin or sins he did are not revealed. We become focused on wondering what he did and can lose sight of the much greater lesson. When noah’s Son came in and looked upon his father he could not get out of the tent fast enough to tell all about his sin. Then two other sons knowing their fathers sin was uncovered walked in backwards and covered him never asking for confession, never judging him and furthering the fall of his father. Does this mean no one has to repent and confess? No, in means we are not to judge the unseen and unknown to us truth. If a man makes you walk a mile go two miles. How are we too walk with this unrepentant who is a bully at the very least? The transgression is between the Judge and the person and our reaction to them is between us and the Lord.

One of my favorite examples comes from the story of a man who rose to be the leader of his country. While in office he committed adultery and used the power of his office to cover it up. Oh yes and the man impregnated his best friends wife used his office to murder his friend by sending off to war where he was killed. When the investigator came the King lied. No it wasn’t Bill Clinton it was King David. If David had done these things in our modern times would the church have reacted as it did with Bill and Monica towards David? Unknown but quite possibly and who would have thought this murdering, power abusing king was a Man after God’s own heart?”

The devil put Man in the position of becoming judges of others as the words in the Garden show. God’s fault, serpents fault women’s fault but not my fault. The Lord calls us to walk and to forgive as He forgives, love as He loves and take The ministry of reconciliation to all the world. The Judge will not miss anyone doing anything and will know their hearts by their having accept the Son or rejecting Him. No one is getting away with anything. The man in the church who was living with his fathers wife, stepmother, was put out of the fellowship to let Satan destroy his body that he would be saved. But they were never to stop being His Christian brother. They ought to write a song, oh wait they did , Amazing Grace. It really is amazing isn’t it.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Thoughts????????
It is Christians who put labels on various interpretations of the gospel. You will find no mention in the Bible of the Baptists, Methodists, Calvinists, Protestants or any of the denominations. It is a sad reality that many preachers pander to the lowest selfish desires of church attenders. The word Christian is used way too lightly. The "cost factor" has been removed from preaching. To be saved costs you nothing. To be a disciple costs you everything. Lord Jesus told us to make disciples, not converts. He told us to preach the Kingdom of God, not how to prosper in the world.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The entire gospel of the Kingdom

or just for the fun of it

Matthew 23: 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Micah 2: 1 Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds! when the morning is light, they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand. 2 And they covet fields, and take them by violence; and houses, and take them away: so they oppress a man and his house, even a man and his heritage. 3 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil, from which ye shall not remove your necks; neither shall ye go haughtily: for this time is evil.

Proverbs 22: 16 He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want.

etc

and of course the OT talks of interest free loans.

Deuteronomy 23:19 Thou shalt not lend upon interest to thy brother: interest of money, interest of victuals, interest of any thing that is lent upon interest.

Sorry, I changed that post. Anyway nothing in those scriptures applies to me.

Upvote 0