North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. It was actually best for both of us. Our kids did suffer however.

I do not know the time frame this took place in would you like prayer or ?? For your kids as well? terrible thing for anyone to go through glad to hear it was for the best!

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do not know the time frame this took place in would you like prayer or ?? For your kids as well? terrible thing for anyone to go through glad to hear it was for the best!

That was long ago. Things are good with the kids and myself. Not so good with her however.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
In case you have not heard or seen this, Benny Hinn has confessed and repented and rebuked the "Properity Gospel...……..

Do you think he is being honest or did he get saved??????

What he said is what a lot of preachers have been saying for a long time.

2 Peter 2:3 ...
'And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you.'

What is the prosperity gospel? Exactly what it says, it teaches that you NEED prosperity in your material life. It doesn't preach that you need prosperity in your 'spiritual' life, which the Bible teaches, but in your material worldly life. All they are preaching is IDOLATRY, elevating wealth and possessions above God, and elevating created things above the CREATOR. This is 'another' gospel which Paul warned about ... Galatians 1:6 ...
'I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.'

1 Timothy 6:5-8 ...…"
Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.'

These preachers of the prosperity gospel are certainly perverting the true gospel of Christ Jesus. But Paul says there isn't another gospel, but only one true gospel of Jesus.

Thoughts????????

Because of economy, and because people are being forced to be cognizant (i.e. "forced to be awakened a bit"), and because humans are generally fickle in faith anyway, the prosperity doctrine is falling out of favor with people. People are seeing their pastors ask for G5 airplanes and a weekly stipend, and people are seeing their livelihood and children's livelihood dissolve before them. Where is the prosperity?

No, I think Benny Hinn is just a bit more hypermetropic than the above-average person (clearly; he has swindled above-average people for decades), so I believe he is just jumping on the psychological "woke" campaign that is now swindling people. He sees the same potential in the "Woke" community for exploitation that he sees in middle-class American Christians that are looking to fill voids in their lives.

We are supposed to know people by their fruits. People can change, but if I did what he did for so long, I wouldn't even feel comfortable preaching. If you know you have done a disservice to students, for example - for decades - by teaching stuff you know is nonsense, then you should have the decency to step away from education until you "re-learn" your "new" self.

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was long ago. Things are good with the kids and myself. Not so good with her however.

sorry to hear that but glad you and the kids are fine. These things spouses turning from love to hate and all the other things that happen between people make me marvel even more about our God. may Lord do the healing for all involved and may His peace flow into every aspect of your heart and overflow onto all He leads you too. Sometimes even after long ago events I just ponder one of my favorite verses Be still and KNOW I am God. God bless.

• Winner
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose it was only a matter of time. I actually edited a version, but Im not sure it would be welcome here ;)

it is going to be interesting because Scripture tells many will come through the fire, God's judging of believers works, and many will suffer loss though the be saved. Something that always on the edge of my thought. How do I know what will stand the test? I believe that what ever is not done in love will be burned. Any other ideas on this?

hello rickym, been awhile trust you are doing well?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The main thing now is to ignore him. He should never be trusted by anyone again with the teaching mantle, having proved himself quite unworthy of the job.

Maybe he got saved?????

What else could cause such a drastic change?

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟322,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe he got saved?????

What else could cause such a drastic change?
I have no idea. I just think a teacher/preacher role should be ruled out. If there is some major change then, alright, that would be wonderful. But I just hear so many far out teachings from some of these famous preachers...and sometimes their new teachings just amount to a different approach to appealing to people all over again, with actual discernment of truth not the real focus.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have no idea. I just think a teacher/preacher role should be ruled out. If there is some major change then, alright, that would be wonderful. But I just hear so many far out teachings from some of these famous preachers...and sometimes their new teachings just amount to a different approach to appealing to people all over again, with actual discernment of truth not the real focus.

I understand. I am no fan of Mr. Hinn.

However, a man named Paul persecuted Christians and some say he ever threw the 1st stone at Stephen, GOT SAVED, changed and wrote about 60% of the New Test.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟322,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I understand. I am no fan of Mr. Hinn.

However, a man named Paul persecuted Christians and some say he ever threw the 1st stone at Stephen, GOT SAVED, changed and wrote about 60% of the New Test.
And I like that-and would hope that's the case here. But the suspicion that the disciples held Paul in at first was not unwarranted. And Mr Hinn, as opposed to Paul, came from a background of Christian knowledge/truths that should've given him an advantage all this time. Either way, hopefully Mr Hinn's situation will play out to be similar to Paul's in the end.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,160.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Benny Hinn was worth $42-$60 million. People sent him money even if he does not ask for it.

Kenneth Copeland is worth hundreds of millions. If you could collect 10% from thousands, you might be rich too. He collected jet planes as a hobby. Does he serve money or God?

Joyce Meyers is worth millions. Joel Osteen is not poor. Creflo Dollar is a millionaire. Billy Graham died rich.

They do not care if some widow is going without in order to support their high lifestyles.

They will be disappointed in the Kingdom then where none of their way of life exists. Wonder if they have plans to revise the Kingdom. Ooops.. there goes their will over God's again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,160.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unless of course he was just trying to separate the rebellious Jesus following Jews from the Jewish faith. What he wrote was merely beneficial to religion builders. In what way did the religion totally emulate the original WAY?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,160.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The U.S. does this as well knowing full well that much will wind up in the ocean. For this reason I now place some "recyclables" in the trash so they will be safely entombed in a landfill.
China was the only one successful at recycling our trash and have since backed out of doing it. Malaysia and Vietnam are struggling to keep up. Ever notice how walking into a store filled with items from China smells like lawn chemical? All the toxic stuff that wasn't allowed in our landfills came back as products the landfill would accept. Where there is a will there is a way, and a profitable one too which of course is the plan all along.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Curiously, I'm not surprised. Although I've never been a fan of televangelists (they seem to do more harm than good), I've long had a sense that Benny Hinn would eventually change for the better. This is a rather odd thing to cross my mind, considering. He may have a long road ahead, but may God be with him.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
China was the only one successful at recycling our trash and have since backed out of doing it. Malaysia and Vietnam are struggling to keep up. Ever notice how walking into a store filled with items from China smells like lawn chemical? All the toxic stuff that wasn't allowed in our landfills came back as products the landfill would accept. Where there is a will there is a way, and a profitable one too which of course is the plan all along.

Another reason to quickly develop clean energy, conservation, etc. Many plastics are byproducts of fossil fuels so using less fossil fuels will reduce these byproducts.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it is going to be interesting because Scripture tells many will come through the fire, God's judging of believers works, and many will suffer loss though the be saved. Something that always on the edge of my thought. How do I know what will stand the test? I believe that what ever is not done in love will be burned. Any other ideas on this?

hello rickym, been awhile trust you are doing well?
Works built upon the foundation of Christ will survive, works done out of self will be burned away. As always, the motive in the heart will be the determining factor.

I am doing better now that I'm away from that old arguing website, and have had my heart arrhythmia fixed! Thank you, how have you been?

Upvote 0