Believers Invest in the Gospel of Getting Rich...

Status
Not open for further replies.

He put me back together

Official Hog washer
Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
✟4,092.00
Faith
Pentecostal
LOGISTIC ISSUE:

When Jesus returns to renovate the earth and napalm the sinners, a New Jerusalem of gold will be founded. Depending on how many people actually escape the fire from heaven, it is likely that, due to space issues in the New Kingdom, many TBN televangelists will have to move into a manshion that is actually smaller than the one they currently live in.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Very good post pinetree:wave:
Thanks friend,it is one of my pet issues..:blush:

Clement of Rome (c95), Justin Martyr (c150), Irenaeus (c150-200) and Tertullian (c150-220) all opposed tithing as a strictly Jewish tradition. The Didache (c150-200) condemns traveling apostles who stay longer than three days and ask for money. And travelers who decided to remain with them were required to learn a trade. These early opponents of tithing are not quoted by tithe-teachers.

It became a “rule” 777 years after the cross .

Upvote 0

He put me back together

Official Hog washer
Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
✟4,092.00
Faith
Pentecostal
But the question is does the poor giving money to the rich help them get out of poverty?

Of course it does! When the poor advance in the pyramid, they'll get more money :)

Haven't you read the brochure? Btw, I actually happen to be expanding my own ministry at the moment, if you're interested in getting on board...

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course it does! When the poor advance in the pyramid, they'll get more money :)

Haven't you read the brochure? Btw, I actually happen to be expanding my own ministry at the moment, if you're interested in getting on board...

I've got a prosperity daffodill here with a powerful financial anointing on it. It comes from the garden of a holy and anointed pastor who once was touched by Benny Hinn. It has an anointing for 17 different financial blessings according to the 17 times financial blessing is mentioned in Deuteronomy! Yours free of charge for the love gift of $49.99!!!

Interested?

Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Actually I have no argument with the idea of 'sowing' financially. I believe that giving is an act of Worship to God. I just wish that more people supported their local assemblies with time committment faith and finances so that the work of the Lord prospered where it really matters, in our neighbourhoods and where the Lord leads us next be it our cities our nation and the uttermost parts of the earth through missions.. Are these big "ministries" even part of the church? I think of them more like corporations myself and just as hard to figure out and scrutinize and regulate. (or if you prefer a more spiritual term 'call to accountability"). gg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It really bugs me that certain prosperity teachers are so reluctant to open their books to show how the money is spent. If they have nothing to hide and are free of condemnation in their management of the LORD'S MONEY why should they worry? I got pretty fed up wtih the prosperity/cadillac gospel in the early 80's.gg

Upvote 0

marktheblake

Aug 20, 2008
The Great South Land of the Holy Spirit
Visit site
✟16,359.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think he means that there are a lot of very rich pastors, who got rich from the tithes of poor Christians.

Do they?

I know of a few rich pastors that do not even draw a salary from their church, including both the churches that I support.

Rick Warren is one example that i can think of that you would know.

'Idont have a problem with some men of God becoming very rich (there is a scripture to support this, cant remember where though). Nobody really knows who much these rich pastors tithe and donate themselves.

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do they?

I know of a few rich pastors that do not even draw a salary from their church, including both the churches that I support.

Rick Warren is one example that i can think of that you would know.

There are rich pastors like him who refuse salaries. They are smart enough to realise that it would be counter-productive for a millionaire pastor to take a salary from a church.

'Idont have a problem with some men of God becoming very rich (there is a scripture to support this, cant remember where though).

Nobody really knows who much these rich pastors tithe and donate themselves.

I don't have a problem with wealth or wealthy Christians. But we should be concerned about how pastors obtain their wealth.

You've pointed out one of the problems. Most WoF pastors/ministries/churches refuse to disclose their financial records.

What have they got to hide?

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.