Believers Invest in the Gospel of Getting Rich...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't have a problem with wealth or wealthy Christians. But we should be concerned about how pastors obtain their wealth.
What have they got to hide?

peace,
Simon

Money comes from satan as much or if not more than from God. I think a sure way is to determine which is if truth needed to be compromised to get it.

Reactions: mssurrendered
Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God does bless us but He has also warned that we need to be aware of the 'deceitfulness of riches' I think for myself I need to sit back take stock and be truly appereciative and thankful at just how much God has blessed me. We seem to have a lack mentaliy here in the Western world, always thinking we need more and more (stuff) to be happy. Maybe it is my scottish ancestry but I would rather have normal bathroom fixtures than gold plated ones. My prayer is that God's voice will be heard above the clamor for prosperity and we will recognize what true prosperity is and that we will live to be a blessing to others more than to be personally blessed. gg

Upvote 0

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/us/16gospel.html?_r=1&src=twt&twt=nytimes

"Just sow and you won't have any financial struggles in the recession. :doh:Oh, there is no recession, everything will be WONDERFUL for Christians while the world is going through."....This is pretty much what is being said..this is sad! :doh:

“Any time a worried thought about money pops up in your mind,” Mr. Savelle continued, “the next thing you do is sow”: drop money, like seeds, in “good ground” like the preachers’ ministries. “Stop worrying, start sowing,” he added, his voice rising. “That’s God’s stimulus package for you.”
At that, hundreds streamed down the aisles to the stage, laying envelopes, cash and coins on the carpeted steps.

So sad... generations of men and women lost.... and so lost to the point that they love money more than their own God. :( Pray for the lost sheep and unsaved!

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You miss the point. That is who he is giving to. People he cant expect back from. A large portion of the finances of his ministry goes into a work he started in africa many years ago. I guarantee you, he gets nothing back from them but appreciation.
But I know it is pointless to argue. If God blesses any minister with an airplane or jet, there will always be those who feel that money was robbed from naive poor folks and should have been used exclusively to feed poor people. That was Judas attitude about expensive perfume poured on Jesus too.

Actually Judas only said he was concerned about the poor people. I think he was really concerned about himself. As are a lot of people who complain about the amount of money given to a ministry.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Actually Judas only said he was concerned about the poor people. I think he was really concerned about himself. As are a lot of people who complain about the amount of money given to a ministry.

That statement is confusing unless you are referring to people within a particular ministry that complain where the money goes only because they are deceitful and missing out on scooping up some filthy lucre for themeselves. Why is it wrong as a person separate from a corportate ministry organization to question how finances are uses? What is in it for me to do that? gg

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Most WoF pastors/ministries/churches refuse to disclose their financial records.
Actually, they are compliant with the IRS and the people who actually have a right to see their books. Many WOF pastors have made their books transparent to their doners.

The problem is many watchdog individuals (not naming names or anything :p) feel it is their right to ask for the records of those pastors who they don't contribute to in any way. If you make a donation to a ministry, you have a right to know where your money is going. If you don't, who the heck are you to request financial information from that ministry? If you don't pay any of my bills, you can't just waltz into my residence and demand to see my budget and bank statements.

Ministries are no different. Here is a cold, hard truth many people don't like to hear. The reason many WOF ministers (as well as ministers of other denominations) don't disclose their financial information to any Tom, Dick or Harry who requests it is not because they have something to hide. They don't do it because their finances are none of your darn business. There's some brutal honesty for you.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We have a number of big churches being investigated by the FPA in our country, because many of them are in the outlawed pyramid scheme which is given another name, multi-level marketing; and shonky business practices.

One such pastor doesn't need to accept wages from the church, because he is on the top of the pyramid and has over 175,000 reasons a month not to accept wages. I guess if his pyramid consists of his congregation and surrounding parish, but what else can he do but praise God for his prosperity. At times I wonder what god he really praises and other pastors like him. They all flog "Mannatech" the wonder and healing vitamins and minerals, which has more healing power than the Holy Spirit. It costs you a fortune, so all the branches and arms of the pyramid can get their share of the scam.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That statement is confusing unless you are referring to people within a particular ministry that complain where the money goes only because they are deceitful and missing out on scooping up some filthy lucre for themeselves. Why is it wrong as a person separate from a corportate ministry organization to question how finances are uses? What is in it for me to do that? gg

It is a little confusing, I agree, since its not a direct correlation. However, many people do complain about anyone and any organization that has more than them out of jealousy and out of a need to justify a lack of giving on their own part.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is a little confusing, I agree, since its not a direct correlation. However, many people do complain about anyone and any organization that has more than them out of jealousy and out of a need to justify a lack of giving on their own part.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Yeah well I suppose that is possible but I don't know how you would prove that. gg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marktheblake

Aug 20, 2008
The Great South Land of the Holy Spirit
Visit site
✟16,359.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I don't have a problem with wealth or wealthy Christians. But we should be concerned about how pastors obtain their wealth.

Most get theirs from merchandise sales.

You've pointed out one of the problems. Most WoF pastors/ministries/churches refuse to disclose their financial records.

I do not see why they should.

I guess if his pyramid consists of his congregation and surrounding parish, but what else can he do but praise God for his prosperity.

You appear to be talking about my Pastor - who is at the top 1 or 2 of the Mannatech pyramid (so i have heard)

However he does not push this on his congregation, and has never mentioned anything about it or his own prosperity in church. In fact i do not know anyone in my church apart from him that is involved.

The only involvement is the hiring out of the conference room for their sales meetings, which they pay for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rahmiyn

Glad to be here :)
Mar 24, 2009
Florida
✟9,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Do they?

I know of a few rich pastors that do not even draw a salary from their church, including both the churches that I support.

How did they get rich? More importantly, why do they keep any of the money? Like those in the audience he preaches too, won't he prosper more by giving it all away?

I only say this because he is a pastor, and not just any regular citizen who deserves to get what he works for. He like everyone else in the congregation should be willing to part with what he has, if he believes his own sermon, he would part with everything he has.

Having your needs met can be a blessing from God, but anything above that simply cannot be seen as anything more than worldly desires for more.

Again, we all suffer from this struggle, even when we earn our income in other ways. But, it is unconscionable to earn this money by preaching this from a pulpit or even by selling books.

None of the apostles sold their epistles for a fee. The true word of God should never be for sale!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,456.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How did they get rich? More importantly, why do they keep any of the money? Like those in the audience he preaches too, won't he prosper more by giving it all away?

I only say this because he is a pastor, and not just any regular citizen who deserves to get what he works for. He like everyone else in the congregation should be willing to part with what he has, if he believes his own sermon, he would part with everything he has.

Having your needs met can be a blessing from God, but anything above that simply cannot be seen as anything more than worldly desires for more.

Again, we all suffer from this struggle, even when we earn our income in other ways. But, it is unconscionable to earn this money by preaching this from a pulpit or even by selling books.

None of the apostles sold their epistles for a fee. The true word of God should never be for sale!

Amen times 1,000! :clap:

Reactions: rahmiyn
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Surely God does not want his people to be in poverty.
I think most can spot a greedy minister..;)

Jesus was not rich,nor the disciples..:)

Acts 3:6
But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!”

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are thinking about your government.

Tithing does not go to the rich.
Tithing WAS an old cov law,for the levitical priesthood,and the Temple,that no longer exist..:)

Only tithe in the place God has chosen as the dwelling place for his name, that is Jerusalem (Deuteronomy12:11)

Never tithe in your own city, only Jerusalem (Deuteronomy 12:17)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.