Revival App Theory - Theory about the emergence of new app technology being a revival stimulus in the world

statsphil

Oct 4, 2010
✟7,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi
My name is Philip O'Neil. I live in Perth, Western Australia. I am sharing today about a theory that I have that is inspired by a 20 year belief of an emerging church movement. What is unique about my theory is the view that technology that doesn't exist today but I expect to be built in the next 10 years to be the stimulus. I believe that this technology is powerful as it gives the youth in the church a stronger voice on financial management on church property and allows for a more decentralised form of church management.

From my research, technology has historically played a role in church revivals. Examples include:
The Romans built the road system for Paul to spread the gospel
The Germans built the printing press that allowed Martin Luther to start the Lutheran Revival
The Newspaper technology played a role in the Welsh Revival
The Americans built the aeroplanes that played the role the Billy Graham Crusade

There is a theory that the #InternetRevival has not happened yet and that this is going to be a big one. There has been increased activity in the prophetic realm since we have been in the #PostCovid world and people across the world are anticipating a big revival soon. I am a mathematician who has had a 20 year interest in the mathematical field of combinatorics. I believe that combinatorics plays a role in being part of the backbone of software technology in advancing deeper levels of democracy and better decentralised management systems to increase harmony in communities. I have been actively working towards developing technology for the last 20 years that God has put on my heart.

My heart is for the advancement of God's kingdom. Hence, I believe that it is important for me to let people know what I am doing and not keeping too much intellectual property to myself. I will work with my friends in developing technology but somebody else creates similar technology that helps grow God's church more than my work, God is glorified either way. Hence, I believe that it is important for me to open about the work that I am doing with the hope of moving towards a world-wide revival because when building God's kingdom there is no such thing as a competitor. I am protecting some of my intellectual property at this time but I am using this post as an open post to share a new business model of how to operate church.

I am making the claim that the #RevivalApp will do for churches what Uber does for Taxis. This will allow for churches to be planted at considerably lower costs and will allow for church expansion at a lot lower costs. This gives younger christians a lot stronger voice so that they can spread the gospel at lower costs and allows for the internet to be a more powerful vehicle for the holy spirit to work through. The app is a tool. It doesn't replace God or God's workers. It just allows for God's workers to spread the message of Christ throughout the international community at a lower cost.

The app allows for a few things:
Replacing church buildings with hiring out cinemas, halls, parks, ovals or tents
Meeting at cafe's, beaches, homes and ovals instead of church buildings
Replacing individual pastors for preaching with videos that are voted for by the congregation
Allowing pastors who do make videos to scale out their ministries so that they can go international at rapid rates
Start building a foundation for decentralised churches with scope for future interaction technology to allow for greater collective intelligence projects
Allow for church communities to invest higher resources to raise the standards of preaching and music at churches
Allow for greater involvement of teenagers and young adults in church by allowing them more control in what they want to listen to

The core challenges that I am making by building awareness of this app is the enormous financial load that christians pay by building expensive churches that are often only used 3 hours a week as well as paying for lots of pastors to preach when there is a huge variety of very high quality preaching that can be sourced at a lower price. In Western Australia, most people don't watch movies Sunday morning and so hiring cinemas for a couple of hours and visiting local cafes is a lot better value for money than paying for expensive real estate that is near empty over 95% of the time.

I talked to a teenager today who often doesn't like going to church who said that this business model for church sounds like a church he would want to go to. We need to have open and honest discussions about how bored young people get at church.

I am calling the traditional model the #RealEstateModel of church where the model for growing the church is keep buying real estate.
My model that I am proposing is the #RentalModel for church. I am saying that renting a cinema for 2 hours and meeting at cafes is a lot cheaper than buying lots of real estate and is a better way of using God's resources. I believe that the #RentalModel will act as a catalyst to the youth and give the international church the vibrancy it needs to grow. I am extremely excited to share this post with you today. I am expecting that the church is moving into a #RevivalPhase and I have been waiting for this for the last 2 decades. Thank you for reading this post.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The Reformation was not a revival. It lead to changes in European society, but Europe didn't become particularly religious because of it- quite the opposite. That also wasn't necessarily Luther's own intention. Luther saw himself more as a latter day teacher or prophet bringing judgement, not revival. You cannot have Good News without Bad News, after all.

Upvote 0