• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Believers Invest in the Gospel of Getting Rich...

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by ANM29, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gratefulgrace

gratefulgrace Contributor

+2,321
    Pentecostal
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    That is a bit of a jump I think. I think we have tried to state that the idea that abundant possesions = the unequivocal blessing of God is the erroneous doctrine. Just as the absence of posessions = the curse of God is also wrong. gg

2. TehMill

TehMill Guest

+0
    Can you imagine Benny, Joyce or Crespo living on a housing estate? or a tenement? think of the neighbours. And would you like any of them in the hotel room next to yours? [quite apart from Benny's singing] get real people, Billy Graham used to be accused of the same thing. They preach God's prosperity and they live God's prosperity. Is it a blessing to be poor? go to India or Africa and see, Benny goes, he's always going, money is gunna runout friends, it already IS, better use it to win souls while you can.

3. gratefulgrace

+2,321
    Pentecostal
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Why should I mind if any of those folks live next to me?

4. pinetree

pinetree Well-Known Member

+662
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Those are beyond nice houses...^_^

Gosh..just admit it..:p

Why would there be greed scriptures,if God did not think we could identify it,when we see a clear,clear,image of it?

5. WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote Contributor

+616
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Single
    So having an extravagant house is equated with greed? Somebody should have told Jesus this when He said that His Father's house is filled with many mansions. Also, somebody should accuse God of greed because He paved heaven with gold streets.

Greed is an attitude of the heart. It is not measured by the abundance of a person's possessions. You can be dirt poor and have a bigger heart of greed than a multi-millionaire.

But my words will go in one ear and out the other with you. I don't think you truly have a point, but just argue for the sake of arguing. I'm done with this thread.

6. obsolete

obsolete Quench not Love

+99
    Christian
    Married
    Have you seen the roadmap that the people Jesus was talking to followed?

7. gratefulgrace

+2,321
    Pentecostal
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    It is all so silly the point isn't what we have is equating what we have with spirituality. Isn't anyone listening.????

8. pinetree

pinetree Well-Known Member

+662
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    hummmmm,welp friend,I beg to differ...

See the scriptures..;)

A definite connection to greed,and ones possessions.:cool:

Luke 12:15 And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

9. TehMill

TehMill Guest

+0
    Oh you would mind alright, because the crowds would come, and even if as a christian you rejoiced to see people coming to get something from the Lord, what about your non-christian neighbours?
    How has the "poverty" gospel helped India and Africa? they have been locked up in darkness long enough, it is the prosperity crowd who have opened those doors, and slowly but surely the economies of those nations is beginning to grow, wherever the gospel has ever gone the blessings have followed. It's time we gave God the glory for it.

10. gratefulgrace

+2,321
    Pentecostal
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I wouldn't complain and the poverty in the East is a poverty of hope and freedom in the Lord God, spiritual poverty. We could dump billions of dollars and build everyone mansions big or bigger than the ones shown here on this thread and no one would be any richer. See my previous post. It is NOT about the STUFF> gg

11. gratefulgrace

+2,321
    Pentecostal
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
  12. marktheblake

marktheblake Member

+26
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Am still waiting for proof of all these claims that rich ministers preach that their followers have to give all their money away....

Abraham is one of God's most faithful servants and the only one called a "freind" of God. Yet he was mega-rich.

Then we have Proverbs 13:22, A good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous.

There is no basis in saying that we christians have to give up all our wealth. Even when the rich young man approached Christ and asked what he had to do to get eternal life, Jesus did not tell him he could not be rich. Mat 19:16+

13. gratefulgrace

+2,321
    Pentecostal
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I think what they are saying is give and you will get more. Maybe??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.