Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then Biden is a day late and a dollar short, as usual.
Why then did he impose fines on Companies?

Biden did not impose fines, he directed OSHA for health and safety which they can do. By the way it is more than 25 percent in this poll, put together the other two and it is over 50 percent yes. 24.1 absolute yes, 10.3 percent yes under certain conditions, and 17.3 percent employers right to choose. While two are soft yes they are still yes :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Biden did not impose fines, he directed OSHA for health and safety which they can do.
:)

Up to the point when Biden DIRECTED them to take action, there was no action taken by OSHA, (Technically isn't that exactly the same, as imposing fines himself) it is an Extension of his office as President.

By the way it is more than 25 percent in this poll, put together the other two and it is over 50 percent yes. 24.1 absolute yes, 10.3 percent yes under certain conditions, and 17.3 percent employers right to choose. While two are soft yes they are still yes :)

If you want to go that route, havent you noticed, there isn't any place for someone to vote No on the other two?

Wouldn't this then mean, that everyone who did not vote YES to those two questions, voted NO?

What then are the Percentages with that total taken into consideratin?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a thread JUST like this in the American politics forum so now for the strictly Christian version

I read yesterday that as of about four days ago some 56% of American adults support some form of vaccine mandates; meanwhile over half 51% supported them as a condition for indoor dining.

Do you support them if so under what conditions?

I support a business owner's right to require them of employees and more and more I am supporting them as a condition of large gatherings think concerts, sports games and the like

no here means that NO ONE should be permitted to have a mandate in other words if you vote no you are saying that neither government NOR private employers/ businesses should be able to enforce any kind of mandate.

As General Politics is in a Christian Only forum, there is no need to identify this as for Christians only.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As General Politics is in a Christian Only forum, there is no need to identify this as for Christians only.
I did that because I had the other thread.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

I appreciate the Christians who love their neighbor enough to stand up for their neighbor's right to choose, and for their neighbor's liberty over fear. This narrative does make some gross assumptions regarding vaccine safety and efficacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

This thread is now reopened for replies.

Please fight nice.

Screen+Shot+2013-07-05+at+8.45.52+PM.png

THIS MEANS NO FLAMING!

MOD HAT OFF

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟293,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm curious, are there Christians who support the arrest of Pastors who refuse to close their doors?

I think that if there were a known origin of an outbreak at a church which resulted in multiple fatalities, especially if the fatalities spread beyond the church, then I think it would be fair to in some fashion penalize the source of the outbreak regardless of if it were a church or some other sort of facility.

Just my two cents. If there is a clear harm to public health unfolding, then I think that it would be wise to intervene.

As a Christian, I am also comfortable with the idea of outdoor services, socially distanced seating or masking, limits to quantity of adherents in a given space, etc. Online streaming etc. There are many ways to worship and participate in the church, and some methods are currently safer than others.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟293,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also, I think that vaccine mandates, under certain circumstances should definitely be a yes, such as in nursing homes where 85% or so of the 700,000 US deaths have been observed. What's the point of a nursing home if they become hot beds for viruses that kill dozens of their clients?

I have a nursing home just a few blocks from me that literally had a dozen deaths within a month or so due to covid. It was just horrible.

So in those circumstances I would absolutely expect everyone in those facilities to be vaccinated. Not only the patients but the workers too, and if you're not willing to be vaccinated then really you shouldn't be working with the elderly right now.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm curious, are there Christians who support the arrest of Pastors who refuse to close their doors?
Depends if the pastor offered no other options but in person services and people ended up dying and it could be tracked back to the church ( hard to prove) then an argument may could be made that such a pastor deserved to be convicted of say involuntary manslaughter ( which here in GA for example carries between one year and one decade in the state pen (on a single charge) If the pastor did offer other options such as online or like our church has where you can listen in the parking lot at service time or wait a week and listen online then such a pastor could say I gave other options, so that charge may be even harder to stick. It would be hard to prove though that the person got the virus from attending the service, so it would be hard to get a conviction anyway.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Depends if the pastor offered no other options but in person services and people ended up dying and it could be tracked back to the church ( hard to prove) then an argument may could be made that such a pastor deserved to be convicted of say involuntary manslaughter ( which here in GA for example carries between one year and one decade in the state pen (on a single charge) If the pastor did offer other options such as online or like our church has where you can listen in the parking lot at service time or wait a week and listen online then such a pastor could say I gave other options, so that charge may be even harder to stick. It would be hard to prove though that the person got the virus from attending the service, so it would be hard to get a conviction anyway.
Should a pastor follow God or the State?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Should a pastor follow God or the State?
There is nothing in the Bible that says certain things cannot change ( in certain aspects with the times, though In other words you can gather without gathering in a building ( muchless in a in a large group ( as many churches are today.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟293,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not only this but I would think that in this circumstance, ideally God and government ought to align.

If it were the case that an outbreak originated at a church, I would think that would be problematic not only for the government but for the church too.

And who calls on government to even enforce these issues? But the people of a community who, to be fair, in some instances are or may be harmed. The church itself sometimes will even call on government for support and even protection.

And let's be honest, if there were a mosque that had an outbreak and a bunch of Muslims further spread covid to a local community, there would realistically be outrage.

I think there is a reason that Paul took time to write about government in Romans chapter 13. If government prevented or banned our right to worship, it might be one thing. But if we have the freedom to worship, in ways that don't involve negligence of our duty to care for our neighbors, then not only do I think it would be fair for government to request that we take these safety precautions, but I would think that the church and God would be in agreement with government and would see that out too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing in the Bible that says certain things cannot change ( in certain aspects with the times, though In other words you can gather without gathering in a building ( muchless in a in a large group ( as many churches are today.
That’s actually not true.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That’s actually not true.
Actually it is and in fact if you do not change with the times you will be very unlikely to be effective. You can gather and not do I in person and you certainly do not have to gather in large groups.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Actually it is and in fact if you do not change with the times you will be very unlikely to be effective. You can gather and not do I in person and you certainly do not have to gather in large groups.
Do you know the purpose of church?

Upvote 0