Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have a thread JUST like this in the American politics forum so now for the strictly Christian version

I read yesterday that as of about four days ago some 56% of American adults support some form of vaccine mandates; meanwhile over half 51% supported them as a condition for indoor dining.

Do you support them if so under what conditions?

I support a business owner's right to require them of employees and more and more I am supporting them as a condition of large gatherings think concerts, sports games and the like

no here means that NO ONE should be permitted to have a mandate in other words if you vote no you are saying that neither government NOR private employers/ businesses should be able to enforce any kind of mandate.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My body, my choice!

That's what I say to the Covid nurses.
so then is it other people's choice to provide you a service or not if you choose not to take a vaccine.

Reactions: GoodTimes
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
so then is it other people's choice to provide you a service or not if you choose not to take a vaccine.
Figured the conversation would end there. Perhaps that belongs on another thread

• Agree
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Figured the conversation would end there. Perhaps that belongs on another thread
It is just like the masks if a place says mask required and I either do not have a mask or do not want to wear one that is fine, but then they have the right to not serve me and even asks me to leave if I refuse to follow their rules.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Vaccination is a medical decision and, as such, the correct prescription for an individual cannot be determined by collective mores.

It is like asking if penicillin should be mandated for everybody when there are clearly some bodies that should not receive it. It is a medical form of vigilantism.

An at-will employer can require it, but should accept a doctor's excuse (at the very least).

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Vaccination is a medical decision and, as such, the correct prescription for an individual cannot be determined by collective mores.

It is like asking if penicillin should be mandated for everybody when there are clearly some bodies that should not receive it. It is a medical form of vigilantism.

An at-will employer can require it, but should accept a doctor's excuse (at the very least).
so how do you feel about long-standing vaccine mandates? Do you have an issue with those if it is a medical decision and only a medical decision.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you support them if so under what conditions?

I support a business owner's right to require them of employees and more and more I am supporting them as a condition of large gatherings think concerts, sports games and the like

This ^. I support vaccine passports or more better vaccine ID which can fit in a wallet the size of a credit card, I always thought those should be sent out after you get the vaccine instead of a paper that can rip and such.

I still believe universal mandates would be best but I am not sure if they would work out Constitutionally

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so how do you feel about long-standing vaccine mandates? Do you have an issue with those if it is a medical decision and only a medical decision.
  1. Fetal cell-based vaccines are unethical no matter how they perform. And, in our case, caused two of my children have severe neurological injuries (not autism).
  2. Most mRNA (and other novel) vaccines have no ethical issues, but are untested on people with immune system issues, like those of my family. Two of my children have severe neurological injuries (not autism) from earlier (1979) experimental vaccines.
  3. We had no problems with vaccines made using the pre-1979 process, which is most of them. They still need to be tested for side effects & effectiveness, but they have been tolerable for us.
#2 could be proven safe for us at a later time, but our condition is too obscure to be tested now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is just like the masks if a place says mask required and I either do not have a mask or do not want to wear one that is fine, but then they have the right to not serve me and even asks me to leave if I refuse to follow their rules.
It reminded me of one of my brothers being denied access to technology because he went the naturalpath way and the other brother being given full access, both at the same time. Guess which one died of cancer sooner? While I hated watching the one doing it naturally last a year longer because of what he went thru it was enough for me to cast my vote for no medical if my food wouldn’t cure me. Hypocratic?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The countries doing better controlling the virus are those who have accepted strict government mandates. Our "It's my right - you can't tell me what to do" attitude is not going to serve us well. What an irony that living in a free country could turn out to be our downfall.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The countries doing better controlling the virus are those who have accepted strict government mandates. Our "It's my right - you can' tell me what to do" attitude is not going to serve us well. What an irony that living in a free country could turn out to be our downfall.
but then again, I am also not sure on the whole how big of a deal it was there. I am not talking about how bad co-vid was rather how much of an issue it was getting people to take the vaccines in the first place.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Other than maybe not be able to fully take part in American society. That is what I was saying if more and more pressure begins to be applied for mandates to the point that there are basically two classes of citizens ( which like it or not in this case is perfectly lawful.

Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private

Only if there is freedom of association in all facets of business and personal laws. Let's be consistent.

Not to mention the fact it's blatant blackmail. It sort of reminds me of the type of tricks Hitlers regime would devise. When they captured Soviet soldiers, the soldiers could sign a consent form enabling the Nazi ''doctors'' to tamper with their body with new experiments. Or get a bullet to the head. So the demand in this era is submit your bodies to questionable vaccinations or be punished. I see a similarity between the two.

Last edited:
Upvote 0