United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you know the purpose of church?
My point was if the methods do not change you will not get far. The MESSAGE does not change but the METHODS better or else you will be ineffective.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
My point was if the methods do not change you will not get far. The MESSAGE does not change but the METHODS better or else you will be ineffective.
Tell that to the churches that have grown through the pandemic because they stayed open. Faithful leaders lead, they don’t cower.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Tell that to the churches that have grown through the pandemic because they stayed open. Faithful leaders lead, they don’t cower.
no they can grow and use different methods as well. Online (think zoom) Small groups would allow in person gathering and social distencing small groups are sometimes better any now in some respects What do you think would happen if you tried to reach today's youth with the METHODS of 100 years ago no tech or anything I am telling you you would be nearly as effective and I am saying that as a young person who has about refused to go to a church that is LITERALLY dying out. I was NOT keen on going to a church where my aunt and uncle ( now each in their early 60s are some of the youngest members T and G BOTH know that only way to get me to their church is about kicking and screaming. In fact that church is down to be 30ish members most of whom are probably pushing at LEAST 70 ( usually more.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
no they can grow and use different methods as well. Online (think zoom) Small groups would allow in person gathering and social distencing small groups are sometimes better any now in some respects What do you think would happen if you tried to reach today's youth with the METHODS of 100 years ago no tech or anything I am telling you you would be nearly as effective and I am saying that as a young person who has about refused to go to a church that is LITERALLY dying out. I was NOT keen on going to a church where my aunt and uncle ( now each in their early 60s are some of the youngest members T and G BOTH know that only way to get me to their church is about kicking and screaming. In fact that church is down to be 30ish members most of whom are probably pushing at LEAST 70 ( usually more.
You are thinking like the world. There’s a saying that what you win them with is what you win them to.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are thinking like the world.
so you are trying to tell me that it is a good thing that churches are closing their doors and DYING out ( sometimes literally) because younger people favor different set-ups ( remember I did not say the message change, but the METHODS BIG difference. The message is the gospel the methods are how you go about getting it out and the tools you use.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
so you are trying to tell me that it is a good thing that churches are closing their doors and DYING out ( sometimes literally) because younger people favor different set-ups ( remember I did not say the message change, but the METHODS BIG difference. The message is the gospel the methods are how you go about getting it out and the tools you use.
Yes, I’m saying it’s a good thing. The church never grows by fancy marketing and programs. It grows with faithful leaders who preach the gospel, and it really grows under persecution. Just look at the churches in Canada whose pastors were arrested. They have grown tremendously.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, I’m saying it’s a good thing. The church never grows by fancy marketing and programs. It grows with faithful leaders who preach the gospel, and it really grows under persecution. Just look at the churches in Canada whose pastors were arrested. They have grown tremendously.
Well that would be great the fact is that they were arrested and that was because they chose to not follow safety rules INTENDED to help people live ( would Jesus not want people to live?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well that would be great the fact is that they were arrested and that was because they chose to not follow safety rules INTENDED to help people live ( would Jesus not want people to live?
But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.
— Acts 5:29

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.
— Acts 5:29
I still fail to see what about closing the actual church doors ( while having other options is not obeying God. For example our church currently has three options for the service there is the in person option at 11AM each Sunday in the main building, you can listen on the radio (This requires being in the church parking lot as it will not pick up off the property or you can wait and listen online a week later ( so for example tomorrow the message for 9-25-21 will be posted. For a time they offered community groups (usually Sunday school on zoom until they were comfortable holding them in person again. ( with that though currently in person is the only option so the people who choose to use the radio parking lot option do not have community groups.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I still fail to see what about closing the actual church doors ( while having other options is not obeying God. For example our church currently has three options for the service there is the in person option at 11AM each Sunday in the main building, you can listen on the radio (This requires being in the church parking lot as it will not pick up off the property or you can wait and listen online a week later ( so for example tomorrow the message for 9-25-21 will be posted. For a time they offered community groups (usually Sunday school on zoom until they were comfortable holding them in person again. ( with that though currently in person is the only option so the people who choose to use the radio parking lot option do not have community groups.
You don’t see because there’s so much of the church today that’s ignorant of what the Bible teaches. It’s not your fault.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
James Coates was one of the pastors arrested in Alberta. His church had been meeting for 8 or 9 months prior to his arrest. They had one death because of covid. And that was because the member couldn’t get his cancer treatment.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Isn’t that what Lurch said, on the Addam's Family “You Rang”

I think George Clooney would make the perfect Gomez lol

Interesting that a character of not much renown except that he was an Ephraimite in part of the cast of change during Hannah times as the man who claimed to better than 10 sons.
I like biblical characters, like Peter the rock who was named as such on first encounter with Jesus, and the only disciple found by Him was Philip.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Isn’t that what Lurch said, on the Addam's Family “You Rang”

I think George Clooney would make the perfect Gomez lol

or a more matured Leanard Coehn ... nvrmnd ...

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,453.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The countries doing better controlling the virus are those who have accepted strict government mandates. Our "It's my right - you can't tell me what to do" attitude is not going to serve us well. What an irony that living in a free country could turn out to be our downfall.

What downfall? The countries that are extremely strict are also hurting. In various ways. And the longer they stay strict the harder it will be for them. Even NZ is recognizing this.

Not everyone is going to die from covid. Having very strict policies kills people in different ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,453.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Depends if the pastor offered no other options but in person services and people ended up dying and it could be tracked back to the church ( hard to prove) then an argument may could be made that such a pastor deserved to be convicted of say involuntary manslaughter ( which here in GA for example carries between one year and one decade in the state pen (on a single charge) If the pastor did offer other options such as online or like our church has where you can listen in the parking lot at service time or wait a week and listen online then such a pastor could say I gave other options, so that charge may be even harder to stick. It would be hard to prove though that the person got the virus from attending the service, so it would be hard to get a conviction anyway.

How so? The people are not compelled to attend church. They attended a church knowing the issues at hand. They assessed the risk and took it. The pastor is not responsible for individual choices.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,453.00
Faith
Pentecostal
There is nothing in the Bible that says certain things cannot change ( in certain aspects with the times, though In other words you can gather without gathering in a building ( muchless in a in a large group ( as many churches are today.

Small groups can pass covid around too.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Small groups can pass covid around too.
Yes, but the smaller the group the fewer people there is to spread it and the more likely those people can space out more to cut down on that chance.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How so? The people are not compelled to attend church. They attended a church knowing the issues at hand. They assessed the risk and took it. The pastor is not responsible for individual choices.
You can be convicted of involuntary manslaughter if a person made a choice though. It depends on the other facts of a particular case, but involuntary manslaughter involves a person taking an unreasonable risk to human life and basically not taking steps to prevent death.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zoom meetings are not gathering together. It's not the same.

Upvote 0