Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can be convicted of involuntary manslaughter if a person made a choice though. It depends on the other facts of a particular case, but involuntary manslaughter involves a person taking an unreasonable risk to human life and basically not taking steps to prevent death.
Yah that’s a hornets nest.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Vaccine mandates are counterproductive. For those who are hesitant about getting the vaccine, coercive measures aren’t going to make them want to get it. Rather, they’re likely to dig in the heels and resist. Especially considering that a fake vaccine certificate on the black market runs $200 tops.

Had the vaccine not been rolled out in such a heavy handed manner, we would probably have more people vaccinated than we do.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Do vaccines work? Questionable.... People still die from COVID and are vaccinated.
Can a person who is double vaccinated transmit COVID -19? If yes.. then why are those vaccinated worried about those who are not? I wear a life vest for me... not you.

Who are the vaccines for? Are they not for protection of the one vaccinated?

Do you not think that with natural immunity, people who have had the virus and have acquired immunity, and those with the vaccines.. that we would be reaching heard immunity? I mean, if the vaccine is effective... we must be close.

In the end, I know, it's to reach heard immunity. I am vaccinated but I really think the problem is that this has been done all wrong, the people in charge have moved the goal posts too often, nobody trust those telling us what we can and cannot do.

Upvote 0

SimpleLiving2019

Nov 1, 2020
Washington
✟12,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
God does not require anyone to get vaccines. It is clear through scriptures that he enjoys when people rely on him for healing and to keep them safe from pestilence. Anyone saying it is our duty to get vaccines is deceived and deceiving others.

Christians should have drawn the line a long time ago on vaccines that are developed from aborted fetal cell lines. Many (most?) did not. Now we have these new genetic therapy vaccines, which have taken the entire earth in a snare, deceiving all nations. We are made in the image of God, our bodies are the temple of God. These genetic therapies are a grave danger to all of humanity.

Any mandates that would try to make\force\coerce people accept unethical medicines or genetic therapy jabs are wicked, and it isn't even a tough discernment call. The enemy of our soul wants to defile us.

It appears we are at the end of the age. Believing the lie that the genetic therapy jabs are good for us is starting to look like the strong delusion to me. It is obvious that all the pushing regarding the genetic therapy jabs is wrapped in a blanket of lies. It appears to me that the wheat and the tares are being separated.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
... the people in charge have moved the goal posts too often, nobody trust those telling us what we can and cannot do.

One reason for the large level of mistrust in the misinformation and conspiracy theories touted on social media, this forum included. I believe some of humankind has been bestowed certain gifts of medical and scientific knowledge. We are remiss to ignore what God has given us.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
One reason for the large level of mistrust in the misinformation and conspiracy theories touted on social media, this forum included. I believe some of humankind has been bestowed certain gifts of medical and scientific knowledge. We are remiss to ignore what God has given us.
Yep, there are conspiracy theories all over the internet, here included.

I believe that the term "conspiracy theory" originated after the J.F.K. assassination to insult and belittle critical thinkers who didn't believe for one second that there was only one gun man... and that the CIA wasn't in on it.

But, that, in itself, is a conspiracy theory.

Even if it didn't start out as a method to ridicule and thus hush critical thinkers who think outside the box... it certainly is now.

How many times have you seen someone try to hush or stifle someone that they are arguing with by labeling them a "conspiracy theorist" as if it's some sort of mental illness?

People should be allowed to research information and formulate an opinion and be accepted for their view.. Even if it goes against the common belief and their view isn't accepted.

Time will come when the Gospel is a conspiracy theory, the bible hate speech and the resurrection is misinformation.

• Agree
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I believe the main reason for mistrust in the governments of this world.. is the simple fact that they are liars.

They act and talk like they are "for the people" all the while they are "for" the mega rich and big companies that fund their path to power.

Only to find that their power is actually to stand at the helm and steer the ship where the mega rich tell them to..

It's not for the people at all.. And, in the end.. these same politicians become members of the mega rich and the cycle continues.

That's........ why we don't trust them.

• Agree
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
so then is it other people's choice to provide you a service or not if you choose not to take a vaccine.

I’m fine with that, I don’t want to support their establishment if they feel that I should be forced to take that risk.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I believe the main reason for mistrust in the governments of this world.. is the simple fact that they are liars.

They act and talk like they are "for the people" all the while they are "for" the mega rich and big companies that fund their path to power...

I agree with all of that as applied to politicians. My reference was to those who discount our folks in medicine and research and the comment in post #124 about relying on God. I suggest that the gifts of those in medicine and scientific research are from God and we would do well to listen to them rather than ignoring their gifts from God whilst saying we will rely on God.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

They act and talk like they are "for the people" all the while they are "for" the mega rich and big companies that fund their path to power.

Only to find that their power is actually to stand at the helm and steer the ship where the mega rich tell them to..

It's not for the people at all.. And, in the end.. these same politicians become members of the mega rich and the cycle continues.

That's........ why we don't trust them.

I don’t trust them because like you said they lie. They distort the truth in order to push their agenda. Like the number of people who have died from covid, they are a lie the numbers they post on the CDC website are the number of people who have died with COVID not necessarily from COVID. Same situation with the numbers of people in the ICUs. They tell you the ICUs are filling up with people because of COVID instead of the truth that most of these people aren’t there because of COVID they’re there because of another illness or injury but they just happen to have COVID. A drunk driver with COVID gets in an auto accident and ends up in the ICU, he’s counted as another person in the ICU because of COVID. People who’ve been in ICU several times previously for other illnesses come in and they have COVID they’re counted as well. The government is distorting the facts to push their agenda and many Americans don’t like to be lied to so we say your full of it and don’t want any part in their plan. So our distrust and lack of confidence is the government’s own fault. That’s what happens when you cry wolf.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I agree with all of that as applied to politicians. My reference was to those who discount our folks in medicine and research and the comment in post #124 about relying on God. I suggest that the gifts of those in medicine and scientific research are from God and we would do well to listen to them rather than ignoring their gifts from God whilst saying we will rely on God.
I agree that the doctors and scientists of medicine are given knowledge and intelligence to use for righteous purposes. However, I think that Fauci has shown us all that nobody, not even doctors, are above being corrupted.
Also, the companies that fund medical schools and universities are the ones who are totally corrupted by the almighty dollar.

So, although I agree with you to some extent, I don't believe that the medical field is lacking it's fair share of corruption.

It's a small step from saying "I'm not getting the vaccine because God will protect me" to the slippery slope of "I'm not giving blood".. "I'm not giving my child a life saving transfusion" and the like.

Sure, I don't totally trust this vaccine. It came out too fast and I think there were other options that were boxed up and locked away so that the pharmaceuticals could rake in their millions.

I have not checked to see if it is true, but, I heard that from 1990 until now, there have been about 7000 deaths from vaccinations... and..... 5000 of them are from the Covid vaccines.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don’t trust them because like you said they lie. They distort the truth in order to push their agenda. Like the number of people who have died from covid, they are a lie the numbers they post on the CDC website are the number of people who have died with COVID not necessarily from COVID. Same situation with the numbers of people in the ICUs. They tell you the ICUs are filling up with people because of COVID instead of the truth that most of these people aren’t there because of COVID they’re there because of another illness or injury but they just happen to have COVID. A drunk driver with COVID gets in an auto accident and ends up in the ICU, he’s counted as another person in the ICU because of COVID. People who’ve been in ICU several times previously for other illnesses come in and they have COVID they’re counted as well. The government is distorting the facts to push their agenda and many Americans don’t like to be lied to so we say your full of it and don’t want any part in their plan. So our distrust and lack of confidence is the government’s own fault. That’s what happens when you cry wolf.
I agree.

They have polarized the populous. Those that totally trust the powers that be and those that don't. Those that demand you are vaccinated to visit them... those that won't get it just to visit you... or for any other reason.

Then you have the media demonizing anyone who dares to think for themselves and hold that well worn view "my body, my choice"...

Seems that phrase is good for "me"... "not good for you".

They cherry pick their rules.

Good to see so many professionals and other service workers making a stand. Good to see other leaders refusing to uphold the mandates.

By the way, can anyone show me a scientific study that shows that masks actually work?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don’t believe any data governments give us, they all are manipulated to push certain agendas. Just the way as voting for president it’s just smoke and mirrors. It will give people the idea that ”we are in control” ”well you had the change to vote” basically there is certain crowd of people who believe anything if it’s put on statistics... I see that very naive.
It’s little bit same thing as politicians can buy Twitter followers. And at the same time in YouTube if you are alternative media your views suddenly crash. Any numbers can be manipulated to support agenda.
So when it comes to mandating something like vaccines, of course government represent statistics which look like people accept it. This is basic psychology. People want to do what most of the people want to do, if you can convinced them that ”most of the people support vaccinepassports” it’s easier to get pushed through.
People should read about basic psychology and manipulation tactics so you could see through it more easily.
And no, I don’t support any mandates or laws of vaccines or any other medical treatments.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Supreme Court approved vaccine mandates over 100 years ago. So the Constitutionality is not at issue. But no one is forced to take a vaccine. Choices include:
  • Vaccination
  • Weekly testing
  • Avoid going where people at high risk might be.
No one has the right to recklessly endanger other people.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don’t believe any data governments give us, they all are manipulated to push certain agendas. Just the way as voting for president it’s just smoke and mirrors. It will give people the idea that ”we are in control” ”well you had the change to vote” basically there is certain crowd of people who believe anything if it’s put on statistics... I see that very naive.

No one actually believes that kind of thing. Notice, even the people in the "stop the steal" scam were aware that there was no significant fraud in the presidential election.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Supreme Court approved vaccine mandates over 100 years ago. So the Constitutionality is not at issue. But no one is forced to take a vaccine. Choices include:
  • Vaccination
  • Weekly testing
  • Avoid going where people at high risk might be.
No one has the right to recklessly endanger other people.
Let’s say that I’m unvaccinated and am not infected. Am I recklessly endangering anyone?

Or, let’s say that I am vaccinated, I have Covid, but I’m asymptomatic. Am I recklessly endangering people?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let’s say that I’m unvaccinated and am not infected. Am I recklessly endangering anyone?

Not if you've been recently tested and shown to be clear of the virus. Otherwise, yes, you are. Because you can't know. Just as if you were driving drunk and no one happens to be on the road you travel. You're still recklessly endangering people because you don't know.

Or, let’s say that I am vaccinated, I have Covid, but I’m asymptomatic. Am I recklessly endangering people?

No. Just as if you were sober and driving, but were unaware that you had a perception problem that might be dangerous while driving. Yes, that's highly unlikely. But so is being vaccinated and infected.

I've been vaccinated, got the booster, and still wear a mask where it's called for, because it does me no harm and there's always that tiny chance that I might get infected. But then, I care about other people enough to carry the mask around and occasionally put it on.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Let’s say that I’m unvaccinated and am not infected. Am I recklessly endangering anyone?...

Yes. Unvaccinated people are potential hosts in which the virus may mutate thereby providing new virus variants resistant to current vaccinations. This may affect others.

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not if you've been recently tested and shown to be clear of the virus. Otherwise, yes, you are. Because you can't know. Just as if you were driving drunk and no one happens to be on the road you travel. You're still recklessly
Recently tested doesn’t mean that you aren’t infected. It just means that you weren’t during that last test.
No. Just as if you were sober and driving, but were unaware that you had a perception problem that might be dangerous while driving. Yes, that's highly unlikely. But so is being vaccinated and infected.
But in this case you are infected and can pass it on.

So based on these answers, you don’t care about whether or not someone is infected. You just want them to be vaccinated. Reckless endangerment has nothing to do with it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Unvaccinated people are potential hosts in which the virus may mutate thereby providing new virus variants resistant to current vaccinations. This may affect others.
You can’t catch the virus from someone who doesn’t have it.

Upvote 0