Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
As I previously stated, the democrats that supported a barrier, now are crying "Racism" to a barrier.

Washington Post:

‘A giant symbol’: In fight over Trump’s wall, Democrats who once supported a border barrier now oppose it

By David Nakamura, Ed O'Keefe

January 6, 2018 at 12:00 PM

Trump, through his anti-illegal-immigrant rhetoric and policies, including a travel ban aimed at Muslim-majority countries, has made the wall a metaphor to many Democrats of an administration whose crackdown on immigration
they say has overtones of xenophobia or racism.

No no no

There is a difference between someone proposing a wall in the "Right" way vs some racist proposing a wall all the while saying racist things.

Trump is on camera a bazillion different times saying racist things about mexicans so when Trump then proposes a wall it smells of racism.

I know there is a lot of nuance here but there you have it.

I know, many Trump supporters live in this bubble which Liberals are completely off base in calling Trump racist... And I don't know what to say to that.

I can easily find a dozen instances of TRump saying something racist and we can spend the next 10 thread pages doing that dance of me posting something Racist Trump has said and then supporters using every argumentative trick in the book to spin it so it isn't racist...

I've done that dance way too many times on this forum to waste my time doing it again so we can agree to disagree...

In any event, it is almost impossible to not see the wall as racist when the person proposing and campaigning on it used racist rhetoric time and time again...

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian