Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Wednesday reiterated the right of the state of Texas to defend itself amid an unprecedented surge in illegal border crossings, insisting that the Biden administration had failed in its duties and forced Austin's hand.
Abbott and the federal government have, for months, quarreled over the state's unilateral effort to secure the border amid perceived federal apathy: Operation Lone Star. The effort has prompted multiple legal battles, including a dispute over the state's deployment of a razor wire fence along the Rio Grande that saw the Supreme Court this week permit federal agents to cut through the fence.
In a statement posted to X on Wednesday, Abbot excoriated the Biden administration, saying that Biden had "violated his oath to faithfully execute immigration laws enacted by Congress."

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Civil war now?
I am glad he made this an official declaration. There has been a long train of abuses and usurpations, and going the same route that Democrats did in eight southern states by taking Republican Abraham Lincoln off of the ballot is a step toward a civil war. I hope they don't continue on that path. In fact it has been argued that promoting human trafficking (through the current border policies) is promoting slavery. But realistically there will be no secession nor people forming a new government in this presidential election year.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I am glad he made this an official declaration. There has been a long train of abuses and usurpations, and going the same route that Democrats did in eight southern states by taking Republican Abraham Lincoln off of the ballot is a step toward a civil war. I hope they don't continue on that path. In fact it has been argued that promoting human trafficking (through the current border policies) is promoting slavery. But realistically there will be no secession nor people forming a new government in this presidential election year.

The Republicans didn't exist in the south in 1860. (They were only a 6 year old party at the time.)

Is Abbot also concerned that other states wont return Texas' runaway slaves?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe that we will have a Civil War that would be similar to the war America had in the 1860s.
No but how do you prevent the Federal from cutting the fence?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For now, the only thing Texas can do is to keep on putting up more and more concertina wires. Also, I wonder for long the Border Patrol is willing to go through the Texas Army National Guard to cut down the concertina wires?
I truly doubt that the Border Patrol agents there agree with Joe's policy allowing the invasion of illegal immigration.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I truly doubt that the Border Patrol agents there agree with Joe's policy allowing the invasion of illegal immigration.'
Like our past civil war, we had brothers in arms against other brothers in arms. What a conundrum!

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You've been corrected on this previously, so please quit reposting your false narrative. The South did not "remove" Lincoln from the ballot, it is the Republican Party (and the Lincoln campaign) did not qualify (and, I don't believe they even attempted) to be put on the ballot in those states.

To use the current day equivalent, it will be more like if RFK, Jr. does not get on the ballot in all 50 states, because he does not legally qualify (per the law of those states) to be put onto the ballot, it won't be because anyone "removed" him from ballots.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You can't. But you can't stop Texas from putting it back up either.

Like my husband said to me after the ruling. The only thing that SCOTUS ruled on was whether the Biden Administration could go in and cut it down.

It didn't rule that Texas couldn't put it back up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
The border will cause it if another is to be had.

It's serious enough to war over. :(

You’d actually kill your fellow Americans over the border situation?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You’d actually kill your fellow Americans over the border situation?
Reads like lots of empty threats and blaming others simply because the GOP can't manage to find a candidate who isn't odious to the majority of voters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The border will cause it if another is to be had.

It's serious enough to war over. :(

No it's not. It's just political posturing by abbot.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Texas should get over itself. Incredible how many issues inside of his own state Abbot ignores just so he can beat a drum whining that he can't install razor-blades designed to maim and kill people.

The border is under the control of the Federal Government. A state cannot restrict the Federal Government from accessing it. SCOTUS ordered Texas to allow access, and they still refuse to do so. Abbot is explicitly breaking the law and should absolutely face charges for this.

I really want Biden to take action. There's no point in playing appeasement with Abbot on this - SCOTUS already ruled against Abott here.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
For now, the only thing Texas can do is to keep on putting up more and more concertina wires. Also, I wonder for long the Border Patrol is willing to go through the Texas Army National Guard to cut down the concertina wires?
I truly doubt that the Border Patrol agents there agree with Joe's policy allowing the invasion of illegal immigration.
The only thing Texas can do is follow the law and SCOTUS' order to allow the Federal Border Control access.

Texas really needs to get over itself.

Upvote 0