Abbott asserts Texas's right to self-defense amid border surge

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Wait, I thought the narrative was the President doesn't need the Congress to "secure the border"....now granting the President discretion to limit those seeking asylum is giving him too much power?
Expecting consistency in GOP talking points is just setting everyone up for disappointment. They're not a party with actual realistic political ideas to designed to help the majority of Americans. Instead, they've sacrificed that in favor of knee-jerk contrarianism ... even when that leads to obvious contradictions like the bit you mentioned above.

And until the marks catch on to the con, there's no incentive for them to change.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Why would the Biden administration desire to cut the wire down? Makes no sense why this issue is such concern to the White House. Seems Texas helping out the Federal Government do its job.
Because the Supreme Court says he can.

You have it completely backwards. Read this and try to come up to speed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My state is on the list. Just last night I went grocery shopping and chatted with the cshier. A town near me has hired armed guards in their stores theft has gotten so bad. I stopped for gas on my way home, noticed the glass doors were gone in the front. Instead a regular residential door was boarded in. I asked the clerk what happened, it was a smash and grab that happened last month.
If we find out that particular crime was not committed by a recent immigrant would it change your view on the border situation?

If not, seems off topic here.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If we find out that particular crime was not committed by a recent immigrant would it change your view on the border situation?

If not, seems off topic here.
Not to much. It is the soft on crime attitude. Not enforcing laws.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
. In fact it has been argued that promoting human trafficking (through the current border policies) is promoting slavery.
Suppressing wages is bad too.
Promoting child labour? Not sure on that one

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Women and children are being trafficked--that's re-introducing slavery.
What are they being trafficked for? Brothels? Sweatshops? Are they not being allowed to file asylum claims?>

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Women and children are being trafficked--that's re-introducing slavery.
How so? Does it force people NOT to pay them?

No.

Now if you were to say "unscrupulous capitalists will take advantage I'd agree. You don't even need slavery to see the peoblem there

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What are they being trafficked for? Brothels? Sweatshops? Are they not being allowed to file asylum claims?>
Perhaps you and Mayorkas could attend some briefing together by the border patrol. Mayorkas was asked about the bracelets worn by migrants and he didn't know what they were. The bracelets are coded with information as to where migrants are to cross and if they have tried to cross before (if too many times they will be forced to pay again) and how much money they may owe. Sometimes they are given new bracelets after they cross. The cartels make them work off their debt, whether by labor or by sex--modern day slavery in the United States. I guess you could argue some might enter freely knowing the score--then that would be indentured servitude. But from the reports I have heard most are tricked. How many are truly released when they pay off their debt we do not know. Some women interviewed did confide to just let them go on their way, if they applied for asylum and sanctuary their loved ones would be killed by the cartels. Now this is only encounters, we don't know the identity or the fate of the millions of gotaways and those who crossed completely undected.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How so? Does it force people NOT to pay them?

No.

Now if you were to say "unscrupulous capitalists will take advantage I'd agree. You don't even need slavery to see the peoblem there
Joe Biden and crew broke the border laws and their policies aid the human trafficking. They know it but, just like with the fentanyl deaths, they are willing to sacrifice people to further their agenda.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you and Mayorkas could attend some briefing together by the border patrol. Mayorkas was asked about the bracelets worn by migrants and he didn't know what they were. The bracelets are coded with information as to where migrants are to cross and if they have tried to cross before (if too many times they will be forced to pay again) and how much money they may owe. Sometimes they are given new bracelets after they cross. The cartels make them work off their debt, whether by labor or by sex--modern day slavery in the United States. I guess you could argue some might enter freely knowing the score--then that would be indentured servitude. But from the reports I have heard most are tricked. How many are truly released when they pay off their debt we do not know. Some women interviewed did confide to just let them go on their way, if they applied for asylum and sanctuary their loved ones would be killed by the cartels. Now this is only encounters, we don't know the identity or the fate of the millions of gotaways and those who crossed completely undected.
Yes, the cartels give them the bracelets to keep track of customers who have paid to be transported through cartel-controlled territory at the border. Perhaps you can explain how these bracelets are used to control migrants after they are in the US, as they are mostly taken off just before crossing.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Joe Biden and crew broke the border laws and their policies aid the human trafficking. They know it but, just like with the fentanyl deaths, they are willing to sacrifice people to further their agenda.
What "agenda" does the Biden administration have which requires them to encourage fentanyl overdose?

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Sure. You think that putting up a border wall and tightening security will decrease or increase human trafficking?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure. You think that putting up a border wall and tightening security will decrease or increase human trafficking?
I believe that extremely tight and very strong border security will do a lot to significantly decrease human trafficking into the USA.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

"Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Wednesday reiterated the right of the state of Texas to defend itself amid an unprecedented surge in illegal border crossings, insisting that the Biden administration had failed in its duties and forced Austin's hand.
Abbott and the federal government have, for months, quarreled over the state's unilateral effort to secure the border amid perceived federal apathy: Operation Lone Star. The effort has prompted multiple legal battles, including a dispute over the state's deployment of a razor wire fence along the Rio Grande that saw the Supreme Court this week permit federal agents to cut through the fence.
In a statement posted to X on Wednesday, Abbot excoriated the Biden administration, saying that Biden had "violated his oath to faithfully execute immigration laws enacted by Congress."
What does that mean. They can start shooting?

Last edited:
Upvote 0