Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yep. The key is that not everything that's illegal, is a crime to do.

So being in the U.S. illegally, is not in itself a crime. Most illegal aliens enter legally and just overstay. Which is not a crime.
Is it forbidden?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The key is that not everything that's illegal, is a crime to do.

Illegal activity is not a crime.

Men can turn into women, and vice-versa.

There can be upwards of 90 different genders.

If a pregnant woman is shot during a holdup and her baby dies, the perpetrator can be charged with murder. But if the same pregnant woman decides to procure an abortion, then hocus-pocus, abracadabra, presto-changeo, that's no longer actually a baby, it's just a lump of cells; the key is that it's only human if the mother wants it or not.

Polar bears found floating on ice floes in the Arctic Ocean proves global warming, but increasing ice density in the Antarctic means nothing.

A 40-year old man can walk naked into a gymnasium shower with a group of 11-year old girls, and that's fine---all he has to do is say he "identifies" as female. But if a 20-year old man walks into a women's restroom which contains several women, he can be arrested for a list of offenses longer than your left arm.

Cartoon skunks and rabbits drawn by white guys are symbols of racist and sexist oppression, but violent rap songs sung by black guys about raping "ho's" and murdering cops are perfectly acceptable art forms.

A march by Trump supporters is proof of violent racist oppression, but BLAMtifa burning down cities, torching police cars, smashing windows, looting ATM machines, and clubbing people who get in their way are all benevolent, peaceful pleas for tolerance and brotherhood.

It must be very difficult for liberals to exist inside such a La-La Land of contradictory data every day....literally every action must be examined against the progressive standard, and if it doesn't fit, then the truth must be changed, reversed, denied, or invented so that it does. I have never seen a group of people who will look you right dead in the eye and tell you that the sky is green with orange polka dots and the sea is fluorescent pink, and not only do they tell you that, they actually believe it.

It is utter madness to continue discussing these topics in here. When the leftist side of the debate literally exists on a completely different plane of invented reality and refuses to accept any other proofs, trying to reach agreement and consensus is a fool's errand.

I'm done here. Discussing these topics is like trying to talk to an inmate from an asylum who is firmly convinced that he actually is Napoleon, and any evidence to the contrary is met with violent denial. For all you conservatives who remain here in discussion with our diametrically-opposed liberal counterparts, I wish you good luck. You'll need it. When you realize the futility of trying to change a rock into a block of wood, come on back to Planet Earth. I'll be there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If one's position is that walls are good and effective, then putting up more walls isn't hypocritical.

I don't know if the OP is being consistent with his position on the fences surrounding the White House because he didn't answer me. He seems disapproving of the fences Biden had put up to ward off any impending threats, but he's silent on the fences Trump had put up around the White House last June.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if the OP is being consistent with his position on the fences surrounding the White House because he didn't answer me. He seems disapproving of the fences Biden had put up to ward off any impending threats, but he's silent on the fences Trump had put up around the White House last June.
Well, you didn’t answer me. Maybe he didn’t answer for similar reasons.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Illegal activity is not a crime.

Right. There are plenty of things that are illegal that are not crimes. Being illegally in the United States is not a crime. However, entering illegally is a crime. That's why most illegal aliens now enter legally in various ways, and then just overstay. That's a violation of the law, but it's not a crime.

Men can turn into women, and vice-versa.

Not so much, I think. Although there are in-between cases where a genetically (one gender) turns out anatomically (another gender). And there are some people, who for some reason, feel like one gender but are genetically and physically another gender.

And then there are polyploid combinations of x and y that defy description. Fortunately, they are all still people, so depending on what you plan on doing with them, it might not matter at all.

Polar bears found floating on ice floes in the Arctic Ocean proves global warming

It's true that the ongoing reduction in sea ice in the Arctic sea is nicely correlated with increasing ocean temperatures.

, but increasing ice density in the Antarctic means nothing.

Warming of the sea in the Antarctic has indeed caused the collapse of huge ice shelves into the sea, which are now drifting north.
wilkins_wv2_2013083.jpg

The Wilkins shelf,many times the size of Manhattan collapsing into sea ice.

A march by Trump supporters is proof of violent racist oppression

The attack by Trump supporters on the Capitol was less "racist" than a poorly-planned insurrection. When it became clear that Trump's newly-placed loyalists in DoD would not do anything, the authorities just bypassed them and got help from higher Pentagon officials.

but BLAMtifa burning down cities, torching police cars, smashing windows, looting ATM machines, and clubbing people who get in their way are all benevolent, peaceful pleas for tolerance and brotherhood.

So the numerous white nationalists who were actually caught doing those things claimed.

I'm done here. Discussing these topics is like trying to talk to an inmate from an asylum who is firmly convinced that he actually is Napoleon, and any evidence to the contrary is met with violent denial.

Too bad. You were one of the rational ones. I'll miss disagreeing with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yep. Just not criminal. Which was the point. If you park illegally, you get a ticket, but you're not a criminal. That's how it works.
It’s still illegal. We should do our best to curb illegal activity. That’s why cops give speeding tickets.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It’s still illegal. We should do our best to curb illegal activity.

Yes. That's why we send them back if we find them. The problem, as noted before, is that such people build the U.S. economy and make it stronger. So we're hurting ourselves by doing that. When a law is harmful to society, it's time to fix it.

But the point is, as you see, that illegal aliens are less frequently criminals than are native-born American citizens. While they are here, at least, they are much better-behaved than the rest of us.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes. That's why we send them back if we find them. The problem, as noted before, is that such people build the U.S. economy and make it stronger. So we're hurting ourselves by doing that. When a law is harmful to society, it's time to fix it.

But the point is, as you see, that illegal aliens are less frequently criminals than are native-born American citizens. While they are here, at least, they are much better-behaved than the rest of us.
Your point about their criminal activities is moot to this discussion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, you didn’t answer me. Maybe he didn’t answer for similar reasons.

I didn't answer your non-sequitur question of "should we have open borders?" because it has nothing to do with what I said about hearing other conservatives cruelly disparaging immigrants (illegal or not) and specific groups of people (LGBT, Muslims, other non-Christians, and often times minorities).

In my other post, I said...

"It seems to me that 'love your neighbor as yourself' and 'love your enemies' are two commands that have been tossed out the window when it comes to immigration (illegal or not) and specific groups of people (LGBT, Muslims, other non-Christians, and often times minorities). I've been a conservative for the majority of my life and I've noticed this particular pattern among many of the conservatives (e.g. WASPs and Catholic) whom I know either in real life or I've encountered online. I'm not saying all of the conservatives I know, but there's enough to make me feel unsettled and concerned about it."

What exactly does "should we have open borders?" have to do with what I said in my post above?

On the other hand, my question to the OP was "Did you complain like this when Trump had fences put up around the White House last June when he was still in office or is your alleged complaint nothing more than a political potshot aimed at Biden?" I also posted some news articles to back myself up.

Unlike your question to me, my question to the OP was in correlation to fences blocking off the White House. I simply wanted to know if the OP was as put out with Trump for the fences he had put around the WH as he is now with Biden. I could be mistaken, but if I were to guess, I'd say the answer is no.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Unlike your question to me, my question to the OP was in correlation to fences blocking off the White House. I simply wanted to know if the OP was as put out with Trump for the fences he had put around the WH as he is now with Biden. I would be mistaken, but if I were to guess, I'd say the answer is no.

The purpose was different. The fence around the WH was to keep protesters far enough away so he wouldn't hear them, or clearly see them.
The fence erected outside the White House by President Donald Trump to keep demonstrators at least 600 feet away
Donald Trump Put a Fence Around the White House to Keep People Away. It Is Now Completely Covered in Protest Art

The fence around the Capitol was to keep Trump supporters from making another violent attempt to take control of the Capitol. Not the same thing at all.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The purpose was different. The fence around the WH was to keep protesters far enough away so he wouldn't hear them, or clearly see them.
The fence erected outside the White House by President Donald Trump to keep demonstrators at least 600 feet away
Donald Trump Put a Fence Around the White House to Keep People Away. It Is Now Completely Covered in Protest Art

The fence around the Capitol was to keep Trump supporters from making another violent attempt to take control of the Capitol. Not the same thing at all.

I understand your point, but there was still a fence put up to keep protestors out. I suppose it's not worth arguing about any further. I knew it was unlikely that I would get an honest answer anyway.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I understand your point, but there was still a fence put up to keep protestors out.

Insurgents. Protestors walk around with signs, and shout slogans. These guys broke into the Capitol, attacked police, killing at least one of them, smeared feces in the hallways, stole laptops and other goods from congressional offices, and threatened to kill the Vice President, among others.

The WH protestors walked around with signs and shouted slogans.

Not difficult to see the difference.

Upvote 0