Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm quoting myself because on second and third checks, there are not 3, but only 2 goats. The sin-offering for the High Priest is a bull, not a goat. (Just goes to show that you can see in scripture what you want or expect to see!)
But I checked the KJV, NKJV, NIV, and CJB and all of them state only 2 goats and a bull for the HP! (This is from checking only Lev. 16, I'll update if necessary after I re-check Num. 29 for all the different versions.)
Thanks for bearing with me; and I still stand behind the admonition to not fall for every wind of doctrine or claim of prophecy - check it out for yourself!)

Hey Yedida, you certainly could be right!

Thank you for bringing that detail to my attention!

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The moed which no man knows the day or the hour ... :clap:

Leviticus 16:16-17
16. And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, [ohel mow`ed] that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.
17. And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel.

Revelation 15:8
8. And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of the Theou, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven strokes of the seven messengers were fulfilled.

Then shall the qodesh be tsadaq ...
Each in his own appointed-moediym-kairos times … :)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The moed which no man knows the day or the hour ... :clap:

Hey Netzarim....have you heard any good theories on the time of the year when John the Baptist probably baptized Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua (sorry for my spelling)?

In a sense that would be the day in which Moshiach came roughly 1980 or so years ago???

The Personality of Mashiach - Mashiach in Jewish Law

B. Mashiach In Every Generation

Any time is a potential time for the coming of Mashiach.7 This does not mean, however, that at the appropriate time he will suddenly emerge from Heaven to appear on earth.8 On the contrary: Mashiach is already on earth, a human being of great saintly status (a tzadik) appearing and existing in every generation. “In every generation is born a progeny of Judah fit to be Israel’s Mashiach!”9
(Rabbi Jacob Immanuel Schochet, The Personality of Moshiach).

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That's right. But we can know the season, just not the exact moment, Yeshua told us that.

The raising up of a modern Moshiach ben Ephrayim or the final Elijah or a latter day Moses in a manner comparable to how the Holy Spirit/Ruach ha Kodesh descended on Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua like a dove depends on a number of factors.

Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua fasted for forty days and probably had extensive out of the body and or near death type experiences during that time!!!!

On the other hand our Messiah knows that we are a people terribly devoid of strength so of course that factor will be taken into consideration!!!!

Revelation 3:8
I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

The Rapture and/or Second Coming may well be a particular number of days AFTER the anointing of a modern Moshiach ben Ephrayim and/or Cyrus type and/or final Elijah and/or modern Moses/Moshe type!

For the record Pastor Benny Hinn had a dream in 2011 that could make him something of a Moses/Moshe for the Palestinian people at least. Yasser Arafat appeared to him in a dream and told him:
"Tell my people what the Bible says."

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Personally, I believe it will be the feast of trumpets

I have to admit that I like that theory myself????!!!!

On the other hand the one taken, one left scripture sure does remind me of Yom Kippur with the two goats...one for the LORD and one for Azazel????!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Leviticus 16:16-17
16. And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, [ohel mow`ed] that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.
17. And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel.

Revelation 15:8
8. And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of the Theou, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven strokes of the seven messengers were fulfilled.

Then shall the qodesh be tsadaq ...
Each in his own appointed-moediym-kairos times … :)

Wow!!!!!

I just read this twice....I think I need to read this again!!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Numbers 29:7-11 KJV
7. And ye shall have on the tenth day of this seventh month an holy convocation; and ye shall afflict your souls: ye shall not do any work therein:
8. But ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the Lord for a sweet savour; one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year; they shall be unto you without blemish:
9. And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals to a bullock, and two tenth deals to one ram,
10. A several tenth deal for one lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
11. One kid of the goats for a sin offering; beside the sin offering of atonement, and the continual burnt offering, and the meat offering of it, and their drink offerings.

The sin offering of ATONEMENTS for Yom Kippur is the one from of the twin goats chosen by lot for YHWH in Leviticus 16, (whose blood is brought into the Sanctuary to make atonement). The other twin goat from Leviticus 16 is the one to/for-`aza'zel which is let go and sent away to the wilderness in the same great day. However, the kid of the goats from Numbers 29:11 quoted herein is ''apart from'' or ''beside'' (over and above) the two goats of Leviticus 16. The same Numbers 29:11 goat is also clearly stated to be ''apart from'' or ''beside'' the tamiyd-continual-daily burnt offering. Thus there are THREE goats on Yom Kippur with the one for the scapegoat being aphiemi-sent away; ''Son, be of good cheer; the sins of thee be aphiemi-sent away''… And therefore; ''Sin no more, lest a more evil thing unto thee come into being''…

Thus the Son of man has power on earth to aphiemi-send away sins … :)

Awesome post on the theory of there being three relevant goats Daq!

I am reading Numbers 29 right now, and I must admit this does seem pretty clear.....yes.....there is another highly relevant kid of the goats that factors into the equation on Yom Kippur!!!!

The theory that this is the goat that symbolizes Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua is excellent....because I did read about a visionary - dream in which Rav Shaul appeared to somebody and told him that the words of Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua were foundational and could support the church...but his own words....although inspired by the Holy Spirit....and yes are scripture for us....but the words of Paul CANNOT be used to negate the foundational words of Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua.

Numbers 29:5 And one kid of the goats [for] a sin offering, to make an atonement for you:

To whatever degree a modern Elijah and/or Moshiach ben Ephrayim and/or Cyrus type and or modern Moshe/Moses type plays some sort of role in a modern Yom Kippur type of event.....the most important thing is that the priests read the foundational words of Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua and comprehend them in a whole new light!?!?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have an unusual idea of why a kid of the goats would be used as a type for Yom Kippur....it could perhaps be because while he was human....Rabbi Jesus was like a kid in comparison to what He is like at this moment in His glorified state!!!!!!!!!!

The Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua who appeared to Dr. George Ritchie or Howard Storm is in a form where his answers to people now are at an even higher level than what he could have done while in human form!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
The raising up of a modern Moshiach ben Ephrayim or the final Elijah or a latter day Moses in a manner comparable to how the Holy Spirit/Ruach ha Kodesh descended on Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua like a dove depends on a number of factors.

Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua fasted for forty days and probably had extensive out of the body and or near death type experiences during that time!!!!

On the other hand our Messiah knows that we are a people terribly devoid of strength so of course that factor will be taken into consideration!!!!

Revelation 3:8

The Rapture and/or Second Coming may well be a particular number of days AFTER the anointing of a modern Moshiach ben Ephrayim and/or Cyrus type and/or final Elijah and/or modern Moses/Moshe type!

For the record Pastor Benny Hinn had a dream in 2011 that could make him something of a Moses/Moshe for the Palestinian people at least. Yasser Arafat appeared to him in a dream and told him:

You would do very well to drop into the trash bin anything that Hinn says!! DO NOT listen to him. And Please don't quote him in this forum! He is NOT a man of God!! Becoming "something of a Moses/Moshe for the Palestinian people" is EXACTLY what he would like to happen! Once again, he is NOT a man of God. God does NOT speak thru him. He is a heretic of the worse calabre!! BEWARE

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
A man who, to my knowledge, has literally had a man ejected from a public meeting he was holding because the man was quietly praying and refused to stop is not high on my list of people that I would class as G_dly; I would rather have the man who was praying!

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
A man who, to my knowledge, has literally had a man ejected from a public meeting he was holding because the man was quietly praying and refused to stop is not high on my list of people that I would class as G_dly; I would rather have the man who was praying!

I agree!! In fact, I would have left the service with the man who was praying! or at least, moved myself over to where he was and joined him in prayer just to make the statement that prayer is what Hashem desires! Sheesh.....some people (shaking head in sad disbelief)

Upvote 0

Avodat

Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I agree!! In fact, I would have left the service with the man who was praying! or at least, moved myself over to where he was and joined him in prayer just to make the statement that prayer is what Hashem desires! Sheesh.....some people (shaking head in sad disbelief)

I wasn't actually there, but I saw it in one of Hinn's own videos of the evening. His people had obviously forgotten to edit that bit out...or maybe they didn't want to, who knows? There's only one place in The Book where HaShem silences someone's mouth - John's father, for disbelief, never for prayer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You would do very well to drop into the trash bin anything that Hinn says!! DO NOT listen to him. And Please don't quote him in this forum! He is NOT a man of God!! Becoming "something of a Moses/Moshe for the Palestinian people" is EXACTLY what he would like to happen! Once again, he is NOT a man of God. God does NOT speak thru him. He is a heretic of the worse calabre!! BEWARE

Yedida, you have a lot of exceptionally good ideas on just about any subject that you get into but you and I are both human and I tend to feel that you might just possibly have a tendency to make the same mistake that I would have made back in 1988 and felt that people who spoke in tongues were probably repeating the same prayers too much......got themselves into a trance....got somewhat possessed or influenced by fallen angels and voila.......spoke in foreign languages????!!!!

My apologies if I am wrong in this but I have been there and done that, have the T-shirt....and I feel that we Messianic Gentiles and Messianic Jews have a weakness comparable to the 3000 Jewish soldiers who were completely convinced that the G-d of Abraham/HaShem could certainly not work through a sinner like the Danite Samson!!!!!!!???????

Pastor Hinn, in my opinion, has lots of flies in his ointment, but I have came to the conclusion that his problems are indeed just that, flies in his ointment that in no way prevent Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua from using him POWERFULLY!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Jdg&c=15&t=KJV#11
Judges 15:11
Then three thousand men of Judah went to the top of the rock Etam, and said to Samson, Knowest thou not that the Philistines [are] rulers over us? what [is] this [that] thou hast done unto us? And he said unto them, As they did unto me, so have I done unto them.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

All I know is that Pastor Benny Hinn seems to hear the Holy Spirit/Ruach ha Kodesh at a level that I personally cannot yet comprehend. I've mentioned previously how when my wife went to one of his crusades in Bogota, Colombia back around 1995 or so, as he was on the way to the podium, he stopped, walked up to her and gave her a prophecy that God was going to give her a foreign husband and that she was going to travel all over the world working for Jesus and that her husband would go with her.

If it were not for my wife and what I have seen in her life I would probably have little interest in anything that Pastor Hinn would say or do!!!!!!!

Incidentally my wife has lots of flies in her ointment too but I can almost see where God is leading her. My wife finds my "Jewishness" annoying because I do such a lousy and confusing job of Sabbath observance or attempting to avoid pork or lobster or whatever?!?! She feels that if I am not doing a really really good job of being Jewish that I should not even bother to try.....which does seem logical.....but I know that the time is coming when the Church of God is going to realize that as a group they have been annoyed with Jews and Christians who dig into the Jewish roots of our faith, because these people make us feel somewhat condemned!!!!

I feel that I am learning something about the relationship between the Christian church, the bride of Messiah, from my wife that will come in handy in the future.

Upvote 0

Avodat

Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
All I know is that Pastor Benny Hinn seems to hear the Holy Spirit/Ruach ha Kodesh at a level that I personally cannot yet comprehend. I've mentioned previously how when my wife went to one of his crusades in Bogota, Colombia back around 1995 or so, as he was on the way to the podium, he stopped, walked up to her and gave her a prophecy that God was going to give her a foreign husband and that she was going to travel all over the world working for Jesus and that her husband would go with her.

If it were not for my wife and what I have seen in her life I would probably have little interest in anything that Pastor Hinn would say or do!!!!!!!

Incidentally my wife has lots of flies in her ointment too but I can almost see where God is leading her. My wife finds my "Jewishness" annoying because I do such a lousy and confusing job of Sabbath observance or attempting to avoid pork or lobster or whatever?!?! She feels that if I am not doing a really really good job of being Jewish that I should not even bother to try.....which does seem logical.....but I know that the time is coming when the Church of God is going to realize that as a group they have been annoyed with Jews and Christians who dig into the Jewish roots of our faith, because these people make us feel somewhat condemned!!!!

I feel that I am learning something about the relationship between the Christian church, the bride of Messiah, from my wife that will come in handy in the future.

I am a charismatic - but I'm less sure about Hinn, having seen him in his own videos prowling around at the front howling like a demented animal or barking like a dog, and this was the video for public consumption, to attract people in. As I recall his ministry drew adverse comments from most other leaders and he subsequently left the UK to go and minister in Africa.Vastly different to what John Wimber was like or most others of the late 80's / early 90's UK era. We can all be used by G_d, but when we fake it then we are being disobedient to G_d and letting haSatan enter the ring!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am a charismatic - but I'm less sure about Hinn, having seen him in his own videos prowling around at the front howling like a demented animal or barking like a dog, and this was the video for public consumption, to attract people in. As I recall his ministry drew adverse comments from most other leaders and he subsequently left the UK to go and minister in Africa.Vastly different to what John Wimber was like or most others of the late 80's / early 90's UK era. We can all be used by G_d, but when we fake it then we are being disobedient to G_d and letting haSatan enter the ring!

I have read that Satan gives similar gifts to some of his own people and sends them into meetings to mess things up!!!!

I personally am almost incapable of telling the difference between genuine charismatic gifts from ones from the dark side of the force but one of the things that I look for is humility....and Pastor Hinn has a pretty high humility quotient to endure through the last two years of his life!!!!!

Also, the fact that I have ran for public office and want to attempt to use Christianity and Hebraic Roots Christianity as a foundation for films that address modern world problems I feel that Pastor Benny Hinn has PHENOMENAL potential to play a HUGE role in helping the Palestinian people to come out of their hatred of the Jewish people!!!!

On this page you can see the original Spanish as well as the English language translation of a prophecy that I got back in 2010 that Hebrew would be spoken here in Nova Scotia, Canada?!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7674780-2/
Flight of Christians from Mid-East Reaches Syria, What can you and I do?????

For two years I have been scratching my head as to why people who speak Hebrew would bother with a small, economically depressed area like where I live, but now that I have seen the most recent Shane Warren and David Herzog interviews with Sid Roth it all makes perfect sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish to be somewhat like Oskar Schindler with my remaining days and years so I may be a little less fussy as to who I do business with in order to save and improve at least a few lives!!!!!!!??????

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

My mother used to listen to Benny Hinn back in the 90s. The first time I saw him, though, he creeped me out. When I looked deeper and saw the thousand dollar suits, Rolexes, Limos and mansions he had, I knew why. Not that money is bad, but he made his from poor people sending to him and expecting that money to go to YHWH's work, not Hinn's bank account.

If, and that is a big IF, he was ever real, he lost that when he got into the money. Like many tv evangelists, money became his goal and his god.

Upvote 0