Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There is a special call to be there within the feasts.. and only three, which Yom Kippur is not one of them. Strange to my way of thinking since it is so significant in the process of separating us from sin. The first feast to be there for is Passover, which I understand because everyone needs to be there for the Lamb of God. The second time is Pentecost, which makes sense because that is when we receive the Holy Spirit in larger measure. The final time is Sukkot, which makes sense only because it is the second coming, and we need to be there for that.

Visionary....... do you think that I am way, way, way off to strongly suspect that the Apostle Paul was questioning if there could perhaps have been off the scale hidden meaning in the 'goat for Azazel" of Yom Kippur for each Christian????

Rom 9:3 "For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:"

You see.... within a few months of my dad's death on January 1, 1990...... I prayed in a manner that I know was dangerous.........
and I suspect that over thirty nine Jubilees ago...... the Apostle Paul was wrestling with similar questions to what I began getting into back in 1990??????

My conversation with the Rabbi.....

"but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD

to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness

to Aza'zel." (Leviticus 16:10)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
and I suspect that over thirty nine Jubilees ago...... the Apostle Paul was wrestling with similar questions to what I began getting into back in 1990??????
Jesus revealed the truth, and taught , the Apostle Paul.

Whatever is the source of your posts, is not the same as Jesus and Paul.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Visionary....... do you think that I am way, way, way off to strongly suspect that the Apostle Paul was questioning if there could perhaps have been off the scale hidden meaning in the 'goat for Azazel" of Yom Kippur for each Christian????

Rom 9:3 "For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:"

You see.... within a few months of my dad's death on January 1, 1990...... I prayed in a manner that I know was dangerous.........

"but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD

Azazel is documented in the Book of Jubilees. While it is not canon, it does depict the understanding as to who "Azazel" is back in the day. In fact, historical documents all seem to agree on the nature and role "Azazel" had, both historically and prophetically. It is only recently that understanding has been challenged. I lean on this historical and prophetic meaning and believe Satan will fulfill it at the Anti-Church temple declaring himself to be God. At that time, Satan is both the great imitator, and before the congregation, when God will lay all the blame on his shoulders in judgment after the great Yom Kippur when all the children of God have been cleansed of their sins once and for all.

The Seventh Trumpet
15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:

The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.

16 And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying:

“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.
18 The nations were angry,
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets

and your people who revere your name,
both great and small
and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

Revelation 11:19
Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.

Seven Angels With Seven Plagues
15 I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues—last, because with them God’s wrath is completed. 2 And I saw what looked like a sea of glass glowing with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and its image and over the number of its name. They held harps given them by God 3 and sang the song of God’s servant Moses and of the Lamb:

“Great and marvelous are your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
King of the nations.
4 Who will not fear you, Lord,
and bring glory to your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed.

Revelation 15:5
After this I looked, and I saw in heaven the temple—that is, the tabernacle of the covenant law—and it was opened.

No judgment comes before the Law is revealed laying out exactly what are the Laws that will be used in the court of God. Yom Kippur has two parts, that which is the final cleansing and forgiveness which the goat for God will be sacrificed for and then the final judgement of who is ultimately responsible for the sins. It is fitting that at the pinnacle of Satan's glorious moment, that judgment is pronounced over his head.
2 Thessalonians 2:4
He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic

Paul's zealous outburst is not prophetic. It is born out of frustration.

Upvote 0

TreWalker

Jewish Magen Am
Jul 20, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟83,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Romans 9:3 is an awesome verse to ponder. Ever wonder why Paul started Romans 9:1 by declaring he is not lying? Usually this is employed in conversation immediately before stating something that is very hard to believe. And Paul was about to share something the Romans deeply needed to understand. Something they needed to feel, even if it was a statement from Paul they would find hard to believe. Romans 9:2-5.

Paul told them he was willing to be sent to hell if it meant that the Jewish people would believe in
Yeshua. This is why he clarified that he was not lying. He was interceding for Israel, like Moses. Exodus
32:9-14

Many suppose that Paul’s love for Israel is merely because he was Jewish. But Paul’s words were given to him by God, and express the heart of God, not Paul. When you speak of God’s heart for Israel all some people here is God likes the Jews better than the gentiles. Yet God’s heart is so much bigger than that. He can love and favor Israel as his firstborn nation and still love all the other nations he created.

I don't believe Romans 9:3 is Paul being dangerous nor frustrated, I've always seen him there as expressing the love God has for Israel, as an intercessor like Moses.

I too lost my father figure that year, and I too prayed for him to receive our Messiah. It seems you are worried your prayers were not well received because of your anger. Or received in spite of it and to your detriment because of it. I am reminded of the way my children say things they do not understand, I don't hold it against them because, well they said it and that is that. Mercy is greater than that. Love overpowers judgement every time. I pray for your peace in this situation.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Romans 9:3 is an awesome verse to ponder. Ever wonder why Paul started Romans 9:1 by declaring he is not lying? Usually this is employed in conversation immediately before stating something that is very hard to believe. And Paul was about to share something the Romans deeply needed to understand. Something they needed to feel, even if it was a statement from Paul they would find hard to believe. Romans 9:2-5.

Paul told them he was willing to be sent to hell if it meant that the Jewish people would believe in
Yeshua. This is why he clarified that he was not lying. He was interceding for Israel, like Moses. Exodus

Many suppose that Paul’s love for Israel is merely because he was Jewish. But Paul’s words were given to him by God, and express the heart of God, not Paul. When you speak of God’s heart for Israel all some people here is God likes the Jews better than the gentiles. Yet God’s heart is so much bigger than that. He can love and favor Israel as his firstborn nation and still love all the other nations he created.

I don't believe Romans 9:3 is Paul being dangerous nor frustrated, I've always seen him there as expressing the love God has for Israel, as an intercessor like Moses.

I too lost my father figure that year, and I too prayed for him to receive our Messiah. It seems you are worried your prayers were not well received because of your anger. Or received in spite of it and to your detriment because of it. I am reminded of the way my children say things they do not understand, I don't hold it against them because, well they said it and that is that. Mercy is greater than that. Love overpowers judgement every time. I pray for your peace in this situation.

Ten years later.......
an astonishing thing was done for me that showed that
my prayers were heard.

I wrote to a gifted Pentecostal woman in Ecuador and she was told that I was going to be her husband.... She could tell by what I wrote that I wasn't what she was looking for.... a pastor, but Messiah Yeshua - Jesus kept on telling her that I would be her husband.

She was told to fast and pray for me for thirty five days and she did it. For four weeks for three days per week only fruit juice. For the fifth week seven days in a row only fruit juice. Yeshua woke her up early and got her to pray for me in spite of the fact that she is not a morning person. I was three thousand miles north, north east of her basking in the most astonishing Shalom, peace of mind that I had experienced in over a decade.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

That is exactly what I think as well......
that Paul was interceding for Israel much as Moses had done!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Azazel is documented in the Book of Jubilees. While it is not canon, it does depict the understanding as to who "Azazel" is back in the day. In fact, historical documents all seem to agree on the nature and role "Azazel" had, both historically and prophetically. It is only recently that understanding has been challenged. I lean on this historical and prophetic meaning and believe Satan will fulfill it at the Anti-Church temple declaring himself to be God. At that time, Satan is both the great imitator, and before the congregation, when God will lay all the blame on his shoulders in judgment after the great Yom Kippur when all the children of God have been cleansed of their sins once and for all.

The Seventh Trumpet
15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:

The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.

16 And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying:

“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.
18 The nations were angry,
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets

and your people who revere your name,
both great and small
and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

Revelation 11:19
Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.

Seven Angels With Seven Plagues
15 I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues—last, because with them God’s wrath is completed. 2 And I saw what looked like a sea of glass glowing with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and its image and over the number of its name. They held harps given them by God 3 and sang the song of God’s servant Moses and of the Lamb:

“Great and marvelous are your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
King of the nations.
4 Who will not fear you, Lord,
and bring glory to your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed.

Revelation 15:5
After this I looked, and I saw in heaven the temple—that is, the tabernacle of the covenant law—and it was opened.

No judgment comes before the Law is revealed laying out exactly what are the Laws that will be used in the court of God. Yom Kippur has two parts, that which is the final cleansing and forgiveness which the goat for God will be sacrificed for and then the final judgement of who is ultimately responsible for the sins. It is fitting that at the pinnacle of Satan's glorious moment, that judgment is pronounced over his head.
2 Thessalonians 2:4
He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

What do you personally think of the possible connection between Azazel with the Nephilim?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Azazel might have been guilty of breeding with humans. I wouldn't put it past him. In Enoch ch 6, a list of all their major leaders is given. Azazel is pointedly not on the list. After the Watchers had sexual relations with women and raised giants upon the earth, Azazel suddenly appears in chapter 8 as a major leader. Now the question is, is Azazel a Nephilim or an angel? Enoch 8:1-2 condemns Azazel for teaching men the art of war and women the ways of harlotry and because of him corruption runs amok. Enoch 9:6-8, where the angels Michael, Uriel, Raphael, and Gabriel witness the bloodshed of man upon the earth, and testify to God and foremost against Azazel. Azazel does not appear to have had sexual relations with the daughters of man, something which all Watchers pledged to do by solemn oath upon Mount Hermon.

First Enoch 9:6-8 (translated by R. H. Charles)
6 Thou seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were (preserved) in heaven, which men were striving to learn: 7 And Semjaza, to whom Thou hast given authority to bear rule over his associates. 8 And they have gone to the daughters of men upon the earth, and have slept with the women, and have defiled themselves, and revealed to them all kinds of sins.

Mount Hermon (or “sacred mountain”) is the highest mountain in ancient Israel, boasting majestic, snowcapped peaks rising just over 9,000 feet above the sea. Mount Hermon may have been the site of Jesus Christ’s transfiguration. Where it all started, it ends.

As to the relationship of Azazel with Yom Kippur, in 1 Enoch 10, God commands the angel Raphael to bound Azazel hand and foot, cast a mountain of rocks upon him, and cover him in darkness in a place called Dudael. But this indicates that it was angels that were placed in the eternal chains or as it indicates in Enoch bound hand and foot.

Jude 1:6 ESV
And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—

Then God instructs a second angel, Gabriel, to slay the Watcher’s Nephilim seed of fornication with women and not listen any pleas to save their children. God sends a third angel, Michael, to punish Semjaza and his Watcher associates. God instructs Michael to bind Semjaza and his associates as they witness the death of their seed at the hands of the second angel Gabriel. Then Michael was to bind them in the valleys of the earth until the Day of Judgment.

2 Peter 2:4 ESV
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;

If Azazel is a Nephilim, then why is he not punished as are all the other seeds of fornication? He was not listed as a fornicator of woman either. So his relationship with or as a Nephilim is dubious at best.

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Azazel might have been guilty of breeding with humans. I wouldn't put it past him. In Enoch ch 6, a list of all their major leaders is given. Azazel is pointedly not on the list. After the Watchers had sexual relations with women and raised giants upon the earth, Azazel suddenly appears in chapter 8 as a major leader. Now the question is, is Azazel a Nephilim or an angel? Enoch 8:1-2 condemns Azazel for teaching men the art of war and women the ways of harlotry and because of him corruption runs amok. Enoch 9:6-8, where the angels Michael, Uriel, Raphael, and Gabriel witness the bloodshed of man upon the earth, and testify to God and foremost against Azazel. Azazel does not appear to have had sexual relations with the daughters of man, something which all Watchers pledged to do by solemn oath upon Mount Hermon.

First Enoch 9:6-8 (translated by R. H. Charles)
6 Thou seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were (preserved) in heaven, which men were striving to learn: 7 And Semjaza, to whom Thou hast given authority to bear rule over his associates. 8 And they have gone to the daughters of men upon the earth, and have slept with the women, and have defiled themselves, and revealed to them all kinds of sins.

Mount Hermon (or “sacred mountain”) is the highest mountain in ancient Israel, boasting majestic, snowcapped peaks rising just over 9,000 feet above the sea. Mount Hermon may have been the site of Jesus Christ’s transfiguration. Where it all started, it ends.

As to the relationship of Azazel with Yom Kippur, in 1 Enoch 10, God commands the angel Raphael to bound Azazel hand and foot, cast a mountain of rocks upon him, and cover him in darkness in a place called Dudael. But this indicates that it was angels that were placed in the eternal chains or as it indicates in Enoch bound hand and foot.

Jude 1:6 ESV
And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—

Then God instructs a second angel, Gabriel, to slay the Watcher’s Nephilim seed of fornication with women and not listen any pleas to save their children. God sends a third angel, Michael, to punish Semjaza and his Watcher associates. God instructs Michael to bind Semjaza and his associates as they witness the death of their seed at the hands of the second angel Gabriel. Then Michael was to bind them in the valleys of the earth until the Day of Judgment.

2 Peter 2:4 ESV
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;

If Azazel is a Nephilim, then why is he not punished as are all the other seeds of fornication? He was not listed as a fornicator of woman either. So his relationship with or as a Nephilim is dubious at best.

An awesome answer on this topic Visionary!

It is great to hear the Book of Enoch quoted because I think that it is impossible to understand Yom Kippur without looking at that fascinating book.

I believe that it significant that at least Azazel expressed some regret... and felt some shame for his actions.

Chapter 13

Then Enoch, passing on, said to Azazyel: You shalt not obtain peace. A great sentence is gone forth against you. He shall bind you;

2Neither shall relief, mercy, and supplication be yours, on account of the oppression which you have taught;

3And on account of every act of blasphemy, tyranny, and sin, which you have discovered to the children of men.

4Then departing from him I spoke to them all together;

5And they all became terrified, and trembled;

6Beseeching me to write for them a memorial of supplication, that they might obtain forgiveness; and that I might make the memorial of their prayer ascend up before the God of heaven; because they could not themselves thenceforwards address him, nor raise up their eyes to heaven on account of the disgraceful offence for which they were judged.

7Then I wrote a memorial of their prayer and supplications, for their spirits, for everything which they had done, and for the subject of their entreaty, that they might obtain remission and rest.

8Proceeding on, I continued over the waters of Danbadan, (16) which is on the right to the west of Armon, reading the memorial of their prayer, until I fell asleep.

(16) Danbadan. Dan in Dan (Knibb, p. 94).

9And behold a dream came to me, and visions appeared above me. I fell down and saw a vision of punishment, that I might relate it to the sons of heaven, and reprove them. When I awoke I went to them. All being collected together stood weeping in Oubelseyael, which is situated between Libanos and Seneser, (17) with their faces veiled.

(17) Libanos and Seneser. Lebanon and Senir (near Damascus).

10I related in their presence all the visions which I had seen, and my dream;

11And began to utter these words of righteousness, reproving the Watchers of heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums