May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you don't like denoms telling you what to believe, why do you stay in a group that still splits the word of God into two, effectually discarding the majority as done and of little use?

So to answer your question, I DON'T.

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well you seem to have a misconception about me. I fully realize the old testament is valid. All the new testament is based on concepts in the old testament. Most of my personal studies are from the old testament and the reason I went back to bible college to learn Hebrew for better understanding.

I personally don't toss out the old testament as irrelevant or fulfilled. For example all the feasts foreshadow things. Even the layout of the temple holds key meanings. Personally I prefer the prophets to any other biblical passages.

Yes many denominations are like what you presented. That is one reason I am non-denominational. And yes, I have attended messianic congregations as well. I even know how to blow my shofar and I try to take the Sabbath off from any work. I am very against the pagan influences in modern Christianity.

That's wonderful! Regarding blowing the shofar, I've only had the opportunity to blow one once. I had been very ill, COPD, and my first Shabbat service after being released from hospital was the Feast of Trumpets. We had a shofar contest and out of 7 people, I came in 3rd! And mine was a 3 twister (don't know the actual name for it, or if there is a specific name for that long twisty one). I was pretty happy with myself! hehehehe :D
I've had the ability to attend numerous Messianic synagogues (seven different states) and sadly I've found that it's really hard to locate really good Messianic congregations. A lot of the ones I've attended haven't been a whole lot different than a mainstream non-denom sunday church - just meeting on Saturday with a few Hebrew words and songs thrown in for good measure. It's disheartening to see that happening - selling their siddurs, talliot and CD/DVDs before and after the service - so sad.
I agree with you about the studying of the Tanakh. I have to admit that I stay in the Tanakh far more than ketuvei shelakim. I can't help it, the Tanakh just brings the NT to a whole new, different life! Right now, I'm making a connection of the Shekinah that filled the tabernacle and temple and the clouds/booths of Sukkot and Yeshua returning with the clouds. It's fascinating to make these connections.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We had a shofar contest and out of 7 people, I came in 3rd! And mine was a 3 twister (don't know the actual name for it, or if there is a specific name for that long twisty one). I was pretty happy with myself! hehehehe :D
That is a Yemenite Shofar.

shofar-140032.jpg

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Right now, I'm making a connection of the Shekinah that filled the tabernacle and temple and the clouds/booths of Sukkot and Yeshua returning with the clouds. It's fascinating to make these connections.

My area of study is the ancient paganism and how its influences are in the modern churches. For example, WoF prosperity doctrine is Baal-gad (lord of fortune) doctrine. Granted the reason for that area of study is due to my past conflict with a high priestess of that ancient paganism. I needed to know what scripture had to say about that evil so I learned Hebrew.

My specific calling is against Jezebel and the principality behind her. I knew the candidate to be the next world wide high priestess of Ashtoreth over 20 years ago. That conflict lasted years and ended with over a dozen dead and 100+ prosecuted. I got to see the full range of attributes of a Jezebel at their utmost evil. For example Eze 16 is about the attributes of a Jezebel even though it isn't stated that way. It is about Jerusalem as a woman that becomes involved in the pagan worship of the groves. That passage has a direct parallel with the life of the high priestess of Ashtoreth I knew. It was nearly fulfilled word for word in her life. Granted you have to know some of the Hebrew idioms like 'thrust through with swords' is an idiom for being raped. How can an individual be 'thrust through with swords' and 'stoned with stones' and yet go on living? Those are sexual references on reaping what she sowed for her sexual error.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My area of study is the ancient paganism and how its influences are in the modern churches. For example, WoF prosperity doctrine is Baal-gad (lord of fortune) doctrine. Granted the reason for that area of study is due to my past conflict with a high priestess of that ancient paganism. I needed to know what scripture had to say about that evil so I learned Hebrew.

My specific calling is against Jezebel and the principality behind her. I knew the candidate to be the next world wide high priestess of Ashtoreth over 20 years ago. That conflict lasted years and ended with over a dozen dead and 100+ prosecuted. I got to see the full range of attributes of a Jezebel at their utmost evil. For example Eze 16 is about the attributes of a Jezebel even though it isn't stated that way. It is about Jerusalem as a woman that becomes involved in the pagan worship of the groves. That passage has a direct parallel with the life of the high priestess of Ashtoreth I knew. It was nearly fulfilled word for word in her life. Granted you have to know some of the Hebrew idioms like 'thrust through with swords' is an idiom for being raped. How can an individual be 'thrust through with swords' and 'stoned with stones' and yet go on living? Those are sexual references on reaping what she sowed for her sexual error.

Interesting!!!!

Ezekiel 16 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

Eze 16:13
Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment [was of] fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it [was] perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.

As I read this I get the impression that this fits amazingly well with the attitude of the lukewarm Laodicean church mentioned in the Book of Revelation!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why a Catholic!? Or any set denomination for that matter? Denominations are all about telling you what to believe instead of researching for your self. Personally I will always stay non-denominational.

Yes, there is a high degree of probability that I may never be able to join any specific congregation!

One of the reasons why I leaned toward Catholic is because I actually am beginning to suspect that the Catholic Church will be the one that admits and genuinely repents of its acts of anti-Semitism in the past. I have the suspicion that there is a prophecy that may indicate that the Catholic Church may again adopt the custom of having one Pope like Cephas/Peter who is sent to the Jews and another one like Paul/Shauul who is sent to the Gentiles!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7657439/
A theory on prophecy regarding the next pope being the last Pope?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
T.....
I agree with you about the studying of the Tanakh. I have to admit that I stay in the Tanakh far more than ketuvei shelakim. I can't help it, the Tanakh just brings the NT to a whole new, different life! Right now, I'm making a connection of the Shekinah that filled the tabernacle and temple and the clouds/booths of Sukkot and Yeshua returning with the clouds. It's fascinating to make these connections.
:clap:Me too.. and specifically the eighth day...

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Yes, there is a high degree of probability that I may never be able to join any specific congregation!

One of the reasons why I leaned toward Catholic is because I actually am beginning to suspect that the Catholic Church will be the one that admits and genuinely repents of its acts of anti-Semitism in the past. I have the suspicion that there is a prophecy that may indicate that the Catholic Church may again adopt the custom of having one Pope like Cephas/Peter who is sent to the Jews and another one like Paul/Shauul who is sent to the Gentiles!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7657439/
A theory on prophecy regarding the next pope being the last Pope?
Why would God start with one nation and end with another even when the prophecies say ...the first shall be last and the last shall be first... among other prophetic statements dealing with Israel.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why would God start with one nation and end with another even when the prophecies say ...the first shall be last and the last shall be first... among other prophetic statements dealing with Israel.

Wow!

I had to read that over and over again three times for it to begin to really sink through!!!!

So I take it Visionary that you probably like the article by the Pastor from Uganda who predicts that the Holy Spirit/Ruach ha Kodesh/Shekina Glory of God will be poured out when we Christians honour and support the Jewish people in their desire to accomplish their role in setting everything up for the full fledged rule of Moshiach/Messiah/Christ over all the earth?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7651171/
Prophecy regarding unity in the church through support for Jews?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well you seem to have a misconception about me. I fully realize the old testament is valid. All the new testament is based on concepts in the old testament. Most of my personal studies are from the old testament and the reason I went back to bible college to learn Hebrew for better understanding.

I personally don't toss out the old testament as irrelevant or fulfilled. For example all the feasts foreshadow things. Even the layout of the temple holds key meanings. Personally I prefer the prophets to any other biblical passages.

Yes many denominations are like what you presented. That is one reason I am non-denominational. And yes, I have attended messianic congregations as well. I even know how to blow my shofar and I try to take the Sabbath off from any work. I am very against the pagan influences in modern Christianity.

Yes, the Book of Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel cause chills to go up and down my spine!

The only New Testament writing that has a similar effect is the Book of John/Yohannan!

Back when I was a teenager the Book of Revelation/The Apocalypse scared the daylights out of me but now when I read it I keep wondering how much of it could really turn out to be a metaphor.

For example one third of the grass being burned up....well...all flesh is as grass and so if one third of humanity genuinely repented and turned to God.....the prophecies could be altered so radically as to be positive beyond our wildest imagination????!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I missed where you make the connection between Yom Kippur and three goats... where is the third during the ceremonial services?

One remains alive and is sent into the wilderness!

One is burned up entirely and is not eaten.

A third goat is actually eaten by the priests!!!!!

Peace-Shalom DennisTate

There is one more thing I would like to share with you concerning the scapegoat and Yom Kippur, (Yom Kippur/Rapture connection?!) and I pray this be helpfull and a blessing to you in the name of Christ Yeshua. As stated in that thread, (Post#12) neither the scapegoat nor the one sacrificed on Yom Kippur are the typology of Christ. There is a another goat of sin offering to be found in Numbers 29 and this is the one that all the males of the priesthood were to partake of in the Holy-Place Sanctuary.

There are therefore THREE goats offered at Yom Kippur: two of them are sacrificed and the scapegoat is released into the wilderness. The one sacrificed for the blood of atonements, from Leviticus 16, is not to be eaten but rather all of it is to be burned outside the camp after its blood is brought in to be used in the atonement of the Sanctuary-Holy Place. However the third goat, from Numbers 29, is to be eaten by all of the male priests. This is probably the same goat from the Passover of the beginning of the second year in the wilderness, upon the setting up of the Tabernacle, (Leviticus 10) with which Moses at first was wroth with the two remaining sons of Aaron, Eleazar and Ithamar, because it was not eaten even though its blood was not brought into the Sanctuary-Holy Place or used in the atonement ceremonies. Thus the sacrifice taken from the sheep or the `iziym-goats for the Passover and for Yom Kippur are the same typology and occasion; namely Yeshua who is our Passover.

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic

I was looking for the verse where you got this from..

Reactions: yedida
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yom Kippur points to the judgment of all the world as we see in Daniel 7 and 8.

In Rev 14:6-7 an announcement is made while mankind is still on earth (pre rapture) that "The hour of his judgment has come".

The heavenly day of Atonement that fulfills the Lev 16 type - began in 1844.

That is when the Daniel 7 judgment began - also mentioned in Rev 14:6-7.

As for the rapture AFTER the tribulation of those days... He will send forth his angels to gather His elect from the 4 corners of the earth Matt 24

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow!

I had to read that over and over again three times for it to begin to really sink through!!!!

So I take it Visionary that you probably like the article by the Pastor from Uganda who predicts that the Holy Spirit/Ruach ha Kodesh/Shekina Glory of God will be poured out when we Christians honour and support the Jewish people in their desire to accomplish their role in setting everything up for the full fledged rule of Moshiach/Messiah/Christ over all the earth?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7651171/
Prophecy regarding unity in the church through support for Jews?

To add to what Vissy has pointed out - why look to any specific group of people (even the Jews) to build the temple when Yeshua himself said that he would build it? He said if they tore it down he would rebuild it in three days. He did this first at his resurrection, but he'll do it again at his return! I don't see anyone but him building the temple where his throne will be. He said He'd do it. Check the scriptures and see for yourself. Quit looking at what others "claim" the Lord told them, even me, it's right there in the scriptures for you to find, it's not hidden away anymore.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship

Yes, there are 3 goats. But don't make something out of it that isn't there. There are the two live goats that are at the front of what is going on, absolutley! But there needs to be a sin-sacrifice first for the high priest, his family BEFORE he is ritually able to act in accordance for the nation! That is what the first goat is for, and it's the one that is eaten. (This is found in Lev. 16., Num. 29 is simply a quick summary.) No need to spiritualize every little thing to make it mean something it was not meant to imply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, there are 3 goats. But don't make something out of it that isn't there. There are the two live goats that are at the front of what is going on, absolutley! But there needs to be a sin-sacrifice first for the high priest, his family BEFORE he is ritually able to act in accordance for the nation! That is what the first goat is for, and it's the one that is eaten. (This is found in Lev. 16., Num. 29 is simply a quick summary.) No need to spiritualize every little thing to make it mean something it was not meant to imply.

I'm quoting myself because on second and third checks, there are not 3, but only 2 goats. The sin-offering for the High Priest is a bull, not a goat. (Just goes to show that you can see in scripture what you want or expect to see!)
But I checked the KJV, NKJV, NIV, and CJB and all of them state only 2 goats and a bull for the HP! (This is from checking only Lev. 16, I'll update if necessary after I re-check Num. 29 for all the different versions.)
Thanks for bearing with me; and I still stand behind the admonition to not fall for every wind of doctrine or claim of prophecy - check it out for yourself!)

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, the Book of Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel cause chills to go up and down my spine!

The only New Testament writing that has a similar effect is the Book of John/Yohannan!

Back when I was a teenager the Book of Revelation/The Apocalypse scared the daylights out of me but now when I read it I keep wondering how much of it could really turn out to be a metaphor.

For example one third of the grass being burned up....well...all flesh is as grass and so if one third of humanity genuinely repented and turned to God.....the prophecies could be altered so radically as to be positive beyond our wildest imagination????!!!!

Not likely. The judgments of Revelation are physical events with world wide consequences. The entire face of the earth will be altered with every mountain and island out of its place. The destruction that occurs during the tribulation will be greater then anything that has occurred since the creation, including greater then the flood.

You have to tie in all the old testament prophecies concerning that judgement to get the full picture. Revelation just gives the outer pieces. It is like a puzzle and you have to fill in the pieces from all over scripture.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not likely. The judgments of Revelation are physical events with world wide consequences. The entire face of the earth will be altered with every mountain and island out of its place. The destruction that occurs during the tribulation will be greater then anything that has occurred since the creation, including greater then the flood.

You have to tie in all the old testament prophecies concerning that judgement to get the full picture. Revelation just gives the outer pieces. It is like a puzzle and you have to fill in the pieces from all over scripture.

Yep :thumbsup: what he said :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟109,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Numbers 29:7-11 KJV
7. And ye shall have on the tenth day of this seventh month an holy convocation; and ye shall afflict your souls: ye shall not do any work therein:
8. But ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the Lord for a sweet savour; one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year; they shall be unto you without blemish:
9. And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals to a bullock, and two tenth deals to one ram,
10. A several tenth deal for one lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
11. One kid of the goats for a sin offering; beside the sin offering of atonement, and the continual burnt offering, and the meat offering of it, and their drink offerings.

The sin offering of ATONEMENTS for Yom Kippur is the one from of the twin goats chosen by lot for YHWH in Leviticus 16, (whose blood is brought into the Sanctuary to make atonement). The other twin goat from Leviticus 16 is the one to/for-`aza'zel which is let go and sent away to the wilderness in the same great day. However, the kid of the goats from Numbers 29:11 quoted herein is ''apart from'' or ''beside'' (over and above) the two goats of Leviticus 16. The same Numbers 29:11 goat is also clearly stated to be ''apart from'' or ''beside'' the tamiyd-continual-daily burnt offering. Thus there are THREE goats on Yom Kippur with the one for the scapegoat being aphiemi-sent away; ''Son, be of good cheer; the sins of thee be aphiemi-sent away''… And therefore; ''Sin no more, lest a more evil thing unto thee come into being''…

Thus the Son of man has power on earth to aphiemi-send away sins … :)

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Numbers 29:7-11 KJV
7. And ye shall have on the tenth day of this seventh month an holy convocation; and ye shall afflict your souls: ye shall not do any work therein:
8. But ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the Lord for a sweet savour; one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year; they shall be unto you without blemish:
9. And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals to a bullock, and two tenth deals to one ram,
10. A several tenth deal for one lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
11. One kid of the goats for a sin offering; beside the sin offering of atonement, and the continual burnt offering, and the meat offering of it, and their drink offerings.

The sin offering of ATONEMENTS for Yom Kippur is the one from of the twin goats chosen by lot for YHWH in Leviticus 16, (whose blood is brought into the Sanctuary to make atonement). The other twin goat from Leviticus 16 is the one to/for-`aza'zel which is let go and sent away to the wilderness in the same great day. However, the kid of the goats from Numbers 29:11 quoted herein is ''apart from'' or ''beside'' (over and above) the two goats of Leviticus 16. The same Numbers 29:11 goat is also clearly stated to be ''apart from'' or ''beside'' the tamiyd-continual-daily burnt offering. Thus there are THREE goats on Yom Kippur with the one for the scapegoat being aphiemi-sent away; ''Son, be of good cheer; the sins of thee be aphiemi-sent away''… And therefore; ''Sin no more, lest a more evil thing unto thee come into being''…

Thus the Son of man has power on earth to aphiemi-send away sins … :)

Well, yeah....??? :confused:

Upvote 0