Yom Kippur/The Rapture connection?!

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
One of the major lessons of Yom Kippur is that once the blood of the Messiah covers our sins and errors they actually are transformed into an asset rather than a liability!

Our worst mistakes...once we are led to genuine repentance and change...often give us a story that strikes a chord with others at a level that probably would not be so powerful if we had not fallen into that particular problem.

I believe it was author Kenneth Hanson who wrote that in a sense Adam and Eve actually fell UPWARD!

That is such a beautiful thought to consider, especially when pondering on the reality of how the Lord (in the end of all things) actually takes His saints into a higher level than they were before---with us not simply returning to what man had in the Garden...but going above/beyond it. Will have to remember that phrase you noted when it comes to seeing how Adam/Eve, although sadly falling, ended up falling upward in the Lord.

Someone once noted that God is love according to I John 3-4--and as Yeshua says in John 15, "no greater love has any man except that he lay down his life for his friends." In the Garden, had Adam/Eve never sinned....we would have been perfect forever. And yet, if blood was never shed in sacrifice (like Genesis 3 notes with the animal skins covering them rather than fig leaves)---and Christ never came to sacrifice His own life--would we have ever known what true love is? For others in support of the concept of predestination, their thinking is that the Lord always had it in mind for Christ to come/redeem the world via sacrifice and shed blood since it was the only way that all of creation could truly know just how far He'd be willing to go in order to die for His creation............and it would be the only way for all of creation to know the GREAT price that must be paid in order for atonement to occur, just as Yom Kippur teaches with atonement.

The Book of Enoch...if it is inspired....
Personally, as it's referenced in Jude 1:13-15 and other branches of Christendom accept it, I really have no issue seeing it as inspired (more discussed in #5 when seeing other camps of Christianity). I'm VERY Glad that the Book of Enoch was preserved within the Ethopian Church....and again, it's always odd seeing people trip on it, despite the fact that its already referenced within the Book of Jude---and the early Jewish church had no problem with many of the thoughts held within it when it came to the concept of a Divine Council, the Watchers and many other things. I'm always amazed at how many seem to not be amazed at the beauty of the Ethiopian Orthodox Old Testament...as there's truly so much depth to it that many don't seem able to realize.

The Ethiopian canon is basically the same as the LXX canon plus Jubilees and Enoch and different Maccabees tales (which many scholars see as a later attempt to replace lost scrolls), much like what has been found at the Dead Sea Caves. Commenting on the influence of certain councils regarding the sacredness of the Book of Enoch and the canon, it seems that the the Book of Enoch was extant centuries before the birth of Christ and yet is considered by many to be more Christian in its theology than Jewish. Jude 1:6, Gen 6, 1st Peter 3:19-20, and 2nd Peter 2:4 immediately come to mind, though there are more passages that either directly quote or refer to the Book of Enoch. And its not surprising, seeing that it was considered scripture by many early Christians...as the earliest literature of "Church Fathers" is filled with references to this mysterious book. The early second century "Epistle of Barnabus" makes much use of the Book of Enoch. Second and Third Century "Church Fathers" like Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Origin and Clement of Alexandria all make use of the Book of Enoch. Tertullian (160-230 C.E) even called the Book of Enoch "Holy Scripture".....so its very odd, IMHO, that the Ethiopic Church even added the Book of Enoch to its official canon whereas other branches of Orthodoxy reject it (to my knowledge). For it was widely known and read the first three centuries after Christ. One can go here to read it

But that's just me.

Awesome thread and many thanks for taking the time to make it :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I had thought that Paul was being polite and attempting to obey this verse to the best of his ability.....saying that he knew a man who had had such an experience was an understatement.

Another person who certainly would have an amazing story to tell would be Lazarus! No wonder some people had wanted to execute him as well.

Proverbs 27:2

On the other hand I have wondered if Paul himself had wondered about what might happen if he had volunteered regarding Yom Kippur?!?!

Romans 9:3

[size=+1]Here again is the reason why your sentiments are not possible and why also Paul knew this, (because it comes from Torah). Perhaps one might not understand this thinking unless and until he divide himself in two. Theoretically this is indeed what occurs when the High Priest sends away the sins of the people, (each in his or her appointed times) as was already previously implied to Avodat earlier in this same thread with the mention of ''aphiemi'' (''to send away''). For the same reason the Pharisees, Sadducees, and Scribes accused Yeshua of usurping the authority invested in the priest by YHWH in Torah; only the priest had the delegated authority on earth to ''take up sins and send them away'' yet Yeshua performs this priestly function daily throughout the Gospel accounts. The Greek word ''aphiemi'' is primarily translated as ''to forgive'' throughout the Greek New Testament. Unfortunately the modern meaning of ''forgiveness'' has evolved into more of the idea of ''a pardon'' which is not what is originally intended:

Matthew 9:2-6 KJV
2. And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven [GSN#863 aphiemi] thee.
3. And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.
4. And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
5. For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven [GSN#863 aphiemi] thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
6. But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive [GSN#863 aphiemi] sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

Original Strong's Ref. #863
Romanized aphiemi
Pronounced af-ee'-ay-mee
from GSN0575 and hiemi (to send; an intensive form of eimi, to go); to send forth, in various applications (as follow):
KJV--cry, forgive, forsake, lay aside, leave, let (alone, be, go, have), omit, put (send) away, remit, suffer, yield up.

''Son, be of good cheer; the sins of thee be sent away''…

John 5:10-14 KJV
10. The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.
11. He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
12. Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?
13. And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.
14. Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

''Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee''…

And why does Yeshua say: ''LEST A WORSE THING COME UPON THEE''?
What could be that ''worse thing'' if one continues in sin?

Luke 11:24-26 KJV
24. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
25. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.
26. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

It appears that these warnings and statements apply only to those having come to Christ Yeshua because only those which have submitted themselves to the yoke and doctrine of Christ have ever had the ''old man'' sin nature cast out to begin with. The process never even begins with an unbeliever, and thus, the passages above cannot apply to those outside the faith. Therefore these things apply only to believers; and every servant shall be tested by his own scapegoat when it returns to its former house seeking to re-enter with enticing doctrines and breathing out lies. Sin is thus portrayed in the Scripture as ENTITY:

Genesis 4:6-7 KJV
6. And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
7. If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
[/size]

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
[SIZE=+1]Also note the ancient and honorable; this is the head, the old man:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Isaiah 9:13-17 KJV[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]13. For the people turneth not unto him that smiteth them, neither do they seek the Lord of hosts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]14. Therefore the Lord will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]15. The ancient [HSN#2204 zaqen] and honourable, [''the face lifted up''] he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]16. For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Original Strong's Ref. #2204[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Romanized zaqen[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Pronounced zaw-kane'[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]a primitive root; to be old:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]KJV--aged man, be (wax) old (man).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]And the false prophet breathing out lies; this is the tail of the dragon ~[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Notice the lying tongue doubles and returns breathing out lies:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Proverbs 6:16-19 RSV[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]16. There are six things which the Lord hates, seven which are an abomination to him:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]17. haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]18. a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]19. a false witness who breathes out lies, and a man who sows discord among brothers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Revelation 13:15 RSV[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]15. and it was allowed to give breath [pneuma] to the image of the beast so that the image of the beast should even speak, and to cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be slain.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Ephesians 4:20-26 KJV[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]20. But ye have not so learned Christ;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]21. If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]22. That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]23. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]24. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]25. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]26. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]27. Neither give place to the devil.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Lying gives place to the devil. It is quite obvious to ourselves when we lie to someone else because inside we know it and our conscience bears witness against us. However, lying to our own selves is not always quite so obvious and easy to discern; and this is where Torah of the heart and the Rod of Iron becomes critical if we are to cut off that wickedness from amidst ourselves. Torah of the heart is introspective and to be used only upon ourselves, and the flesh, and the mind of the flesh which must be cut off.[/SIZE] :)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Easy G (G²);60491069 said:
That is such a beautiful thought to consider, especially when pondering on the reality of how the Lord (in the end of all things) actually takes His saints into a higher level than they were before---with us not simply returning to what man had in the Garden...but going above/beyond it. Will have to remember that phrase you noted when it comes to seeing how Adam/Eve, although sadly falling, ended up falling upward in the Lord.

....)

I am in the middle of reading The Vision by Rick Joyner again for somewhere around the fourth or perhaps fifth time. Something that struck me powerfully as I reviewed parts of it again this week is that Rabbi Jesus/Yahushua in that visionary dream told Pastor Rick that the first heaven...was the heaven before the fall of Adam......the second heaven was the heaven that existed during the reign of Satan and evil over the earth...the Third Heaven is different and SO VAsTLY BETTER THAN THE FIRST HEAVEN ....that the calling that is in store for the least genuine worshipper of God at this time will put them in a throne that is vastly greater than the throne that Satan managed to steal from our grandfather Adam!

That sure sounds logical to me and makes so much sense out of all of this!!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Easy G (G²);60491558 said:
Real talk....

The Lord is not one to play with..at all.

So true...but something astonishing that I learned out of all this is that G-d's humour is off the scale!!!!

Because I took my problems with Rabbi Jesus/Yahushua's teachings on many called, few chosen, to The Ancient of Days in all seriousness and attempted to give G-d another option to work with....I was shown how astonishing the humour of G-d really is!!!!!

We have to laugh at ourselves!!!!!

We must!!!!!

Even though what I write at this time is so much better than what I wrote years ago.....I can still see that ego trip thing in me asserting itself in just about every sentence!!!!!!

That is comparable to how Antiochus took over the temple worship and offered swine's blood instead!

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

I cannot comprehend how Rabbi Jesus/Yahushua is going to manage to produce something clean and pure out of my thoughts and feelings that are so contaminated by selfish motives and ego which is an abomination but I do believe that in the presence of God we humans truly can have pure motivations...even toward women!!!!

The Hordes of Hell are Marching

Then a woman stepped forward who I did not know. Her beauty and grace was breathtaking, but it was not sensual, or seductive in any way. She was the definition of dignity and nobility.

"I was his wife on earth," she began. "Much of what you know of him actually came from me, therefore what I am about to say is not just about him, but about us. You can reform the church without reforming your own soul. You can dictate the course of history, and yet not do the Father's will, or glorify His Son. If you commit yourself to making human history, you may do it, but it is a fleeting accomplishment that will evaporate like a wisp of smoke."

"But your husband's work, or your work, greatly impacted every generation after him for good. It is hard to imagine how dark the world would have been without him," I protested.

"True. But you can gain the whole world and still loose your own soul. Only if you keep your own soul pure can you impact the world for the truly lasting eternal purpose of God. My husband lost his soul to me, and he only gained it at the end of his life because I was taken from the earth so that he could. Much of what he did he did more for me than for the Lord. I pressured him, and even gave him much of the knowledge that he taught. I used him as an extension of my own ego, because as a woman at the time I could not be recognized as a spiritual leader myself. I took over his life so that I could live my life through Him. Soon I had him doing everything just to prove himself to me."

"You must have loved her very much." I said looking at him.

"No. I did not love her at all. Neither did she love me. In fact, after just a few years of marriage we did not even like each other. But we both needed each other, so we found a way to work together. The more successful we became in this way, the more unhappy we became, and the more deception we used to fool those who followed us. We were empty wretches by the end of our lives.
Wanting to simply prolong our conversation, I asked the next thing that came to my mind, "Is it difficult for you and your husband to be here together?"

"Not at all. All of the relationships that you have on earth are continued here, and they are all purified by the judgment. The more that you are forgiven the more that you love. Of course, the Lord forgave us more than anyone, and here we all love Him much more than anyone else. After we forgave each other we loved each other more. Now our relationship is continuing in much greater depth and richness because we are joint heirs of this salvation. As deep as the wounds went, that is now deep the love was able to go once we were healed. We could have experienced this on earth, but we did not learn forgiveness in time. If we had learned forgiveness the competition that entered our relationship, and sidetracked our life, would not have been able to take root in us. If you truly love, you will easily forgive. The harder it is for you to forgive, the further you are from true love. Forgiveness is essential if you are to stay on the path of life. Without it many things can knock you off the course chosen for you."

At the can time I realized that this woman, who had brought me into this confrontation with such pain at my depravity, was also the most attractive person I could ever remember meeting. It was not romantic attraction, but I just did not want to leave her. Perceiving my thoughts, she withdrew a step, indicating that she was about to go, but offered me one last insight.

"The pure truth, spoken in pure love, will always attract. You will remember the pain you feel here, and it will help you through the rest of your life. Pain is good; it shows you where there is a problem. Do not try to reduce the pain until you find and address the problem. God's truth often brings pain as it highlights a problem that we have, but His truth will always show us the way to freedom, and true life. When you know this you will even begin to rejoice in your trials, which are all allowed to help keep you on the path of life."

"Also, your attraction to me in not out of order. It is the attraction between male and female that was given in the beginning, which is always pure in its true form. When pure truth is combined with pure love, men can be the men they were created to be without having to dominate out of insecurity. Women can be the women they were created to be because their love has replaced their fear. Love will never manipulate or try to control out of insecurity, because love casts out all fear.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am in the middle of reading The Vision by Rick Joyner again for somewhere around the fourth or perhaps fifth time. Something that struck me powerfully as I reviewed parts of it again this week is that Rabbi Jesus/Yahushua in that visionary dream told Pastor Rick that the first heaven...was the heaven before the fall of Adam......the second heaven was the heaven that existed during the reign of Satan and evil over the earth...the Third Heaven is different and SO VAsTLY BETTER THAN THE FIRST HEAVEN ....that the calling that is in store for the least genuine worshipper of God at this time will put them in a throne that is vastly greater than the throne that Satan managed to steal from our grandfather Adam!

That sure sounds logical to me and makes so much sense out of all of this!!!!!

Who knows, as you never know what'll come later in its fullness at all levels

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So true...but something astonishing that I learned out of all this is that G-d's humour is off the scale!!!!

Because I took my problems with Rabbi Jesus/Yahushua's teachings on many called, few chosen, to The Ancient of Days in all seriousness and attempted to give G-d another option to work with....I was shown how astonishing the humour of G-d really is!!!!!

We have to laugh at ourselves!!!!!

We must!!!!!

Even though what I write at this time is so much better than what I wrote years ago.....I can still see that ego trip thing in me asserting itself in just about every sentence!!!!!!

That is comparable to how Antiochus took over the temple worship and offered swine's blood instead!

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

I cannot comprehend how Rabbi Jesus/Yahushua is going to manage to produce something clean and pure out of my thoughts and feelings that are so contaminated by selfish motives and ego which is an abomination but I do believe that in the presence of God we humans truly can have pure motivations...even toward women!!!!

The Hordes of Hell are Marching

God is able:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh, I think that this discussion fits in well with Yom Kippur because as I see it the fulfillment of Yom Kippur relates to the division of Satan's kingdom and the ushering in of the era of Moshiach.

Matthew 12:26
And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7657439/
A theory on prophecy regarding the next pope being the last Pope?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Easy G (G²);60557588 said:
Not a problem..

Cool!

I got an amazing message a while back that clarified to me that there are actually THREE significant goats for each Yom Kippur rather than merely two?!?!

This struck me as being exceptionally significant because from the time that I offered up my strange, unusual, downright weird prayers back in 1990, it is as I cannot join any particular camp....plus it is as if I am always metaphorically on fire!!!!!?????!!!!

Peace-Shalom DennisTate

There is one more thing I would like to share with you concerning the scapegoat and Yom Kippur, (Yom Kippur/Rapture connection?!) and I pray this be helpfull and a blessing to you in the name of Christ Yeshua. As stated in that thread, (Post#12) neither the scapegoat nor the one sacrificed on Yom Kippur are the typology of Christ. There is a another goat of sin offering to be found in Numbers 29 and this is the one that all the males of the priesthood were to partake of in the Holy-Place Sanctuary.

There are therefore THREE goats offered at Yom Kippur: two of them are sacrificed and the scapegoat is released into the wilderness. The one sacrificed for the blood of atonements, from Leviticus 16, is not to be eaten but rather all of it is to be burned outside the camp after its blood is brought in to be used in the atonement of the Sanctuary-Holy Place. However the third goat, from Numbers 29, is to be eaten by all of the male priests. This is probably the same goat from the Passover of the beginning of the second year in the wilderness, upon the setting up of the Tabernacle, (Leviticus 10) with which Moses at first was wroth with the two remaining sons of Aaron, Eleazar and Ithamar, because it was not eaten even though its blood was not brought into the Sanctuary-Holy Place or used in the atonement ceremonies. Thus the sacrifice taken from the sheep or the `iziym-goats for the Passover and for Yom Kippur are the same typology and occasion; namely Yeshua who is our Passover.

Exodus 12:5-6 KJV
5. Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: [HSN#5795 `ez - masculine plural `iziym]
6. And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

Notice that the goat from Numbers 29 is apart from the sin offering of atonements:

Numbers 29:7-11 KJV
7. And ye shall have on the tenth day of this seventh month an holy convocation; and ye shall afflict your souls: ye shall not do any work therein:
8. But ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the Lord for a sweet savour; one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year; they shall be unto you without blemish:
9. And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals to a bullock, and two tenth deals to one ram,
10. A several tenth deal for one lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
11. One kid of the goats [HSN#5795 `ez - masculine plural `iziym] for a sin offering; beside the sin offering of atonement, and the continual burnt offering, and the meat offering of it, and their drink offerings.
Thus during Yom Kippur, 10 Tishri, there are two goats for a sin offering but only one is eaten because the blood of the other is brought into the Holy-Place and Sanctuary for atonements. The one who's blood is brought in is the twin of the one sent away into the desert as the scapegoat for `Aza'zel. Thus neither of the two from Leviticus 16 represent Yeshua in typology because neither of them are to be eaten. Yet there is indeed one sin offering of the same day which was to be eaten:

Leviticus 6:24-30 KJV
24. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
25. Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, saying, This is the law of the sin offering: In the place where the burnt offering is killed shall the sin offering be killed before the Lord: it is most holy.
26. The priest that offereth it for sin shall eat it: in the holy place shall it be eaten, in the court of the tabernacle of the congregation.
27. Whatsoever shall touch the flesh thereof shall be holy: and when there is sprinkled of the blood thereof upon any garment, thou shalt wash that whereon it was sprinkled in the holy place.
28. But the earthen vessel wherein it is sodden shall be broken: and if it be sodden in a brasen pot, it shall be both scoured, and rinsed in water.
29. All the males among the priests shall eat thereof: it is most holy.
30. And no sin offering, whereof any of the blood is brought into the tabernacle of the congregation to reconcile withal in the holy place, shall be eaten: it shall be burnt in the fire.

Leviticus 10:16-20 KJV
16. And Moses diligently sought the goat of the sin offering, and, behold, it was burnt: and he was angry with Eleazar and Ithamar, the sons of Aaron which were left alive, saying,
17. Wherefore have ye not eaten the sin offering in the holy place, seeing it is most holy, and God hath given it you to bear the iniquity of the congregation, to make atonement for them before the Lord?
18. Behold, the blood of it was not brought in within the holy place: ye should indeed have eaten it in the holy place, as I commanded.
19. And Aaron said unto Moses, Behold, this day have they offered their sin offering and their burnt offering before the Lord; and such things have befallen me: and if I had eaten the sin offering to day, should it have been accepted in the sight of the Lord?
20. And when Moses heard that, he was content.

This means that of the three goats on Yom Kippur only one of them is the typology of Yeshua and that is the only one the males of the priesthood are to partake of and eat. Therefore who are the other two goats? Who is typologically represented by the one who's blood is brought in for atonement and his twin which is the scapegoat sent away to `Aza'zel in the wilderness? They are the saints which are made kings and priests; each in his appointed times, and none shall be alone in his appointed times. And unless one is willing to part with himself; dividing himself asunder, allowing the old-man-king of the sin nature to be sent away into perdition, he will not see it: For the old man remains his king; and no man can serve two masters.

Matthew 16:23-27
23. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
24. Then said Yeshua unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him utterly disown himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25. For whosoever will save his psuche-soul shall apollumi-destroy it: and whosoever will apollumi-destroy his psuche-soul for my sake shall find it.
26. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his messengers; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Yeshua Bless your Bread of Life and Living Water!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Rapture not connected with Yom Kippur.. but Yeshua's wedding ceremony is.

Interesting!!!!!!

At this time I know very little about either the Rapture or the Wedding Ceremony so I had thought that they might perhaps be the same thing?!?

I knew that there would be a Wedding Ceremony of the Lamb since the '70's but the idea of a rapture is new to me and I could not really relate to it until reading the NDE of Dr. Richard Eby less than two years ago????!!!!

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I personally would prefer to convert to Catholicism than just about any other Christian church that I can think of....My second choice would be either Anglican or United because I know that I will not fit in well with a church that has no left wing!

Why a Catholic!? Or any set denomination for that matter? Denominations are all about telling you what to believe instead of researching for your self. Personally I will always stay non-denominational.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why a Catholic!? Or any set denomination for that matter? Denominations are all about telling you what to believe instead of researching for your self. Personally I will always stay non-denominational.

If you don't like denoms telling you what to believe, why do you stay in a group that still splits the word of God into two, effectually discarding the majority as done and of little use? I don't understand that thinking at all.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you don't like denoms telling you what to believe, why do you stay in a group that still splits the word of God into two, effectually discarding the majority as done and of little use? I don't understand that thinking at all.

I don't understand your point. What do you mean 'splits the word of God into two'?

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't understand your point. What do you mean 'splits the word of God into two'?

When I was a part of mainstream christianity, denoms, non-denoms, and interdenoms, every one of them pretty much had little to do with what's commonly called the Old Testament. Not one of them taught that God's commands are still valid and viable today. So they split it into two, one old and of little use and one new that has the Torah as its foundation. I remember being told and even teaching it myself (bad me, bad me) that you cannot understand the OT until you understand the NT and that's sooo reversed. (Just for clarity's sake, I'm using "you" in the plural, not to you, Yahu, personally.)

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When I was a part of mainstream christianity, denoms, non-denoms, and interdenoms, every one of them pretty much had little to do with what's commonly called the Old Testament. Not one of them taught that God's commands are still valid and viable today. So they split it into two, one old and of little use and one new that has the Torah as its foundation. I remember being told and even teaching it myself (bad me, bad me) that you cannot understand the OT until you understand the NT and that's sooo reversed. (Just for clarity's sake, I'm using "you" in the plural, not to you, Yahu, personally.)

Well you seem to have a misconception about me. I fully realize the old testament is valid. All the new testament is based on concepts in the old testament. Most of my personal studies are from the old testament and the reason I went back to bible college to learn Hebrew for better understanding.

I personally don't toss out the old testament as irrelevant or fulfilled. For example all the feasts foreshadow things. Even the layout of the temple holds key meanings. Personally I prefer the prophets to any other biblical passages.

Yes many denominations are like what you presented. That is one reason I am non-denominational. And yes, I have attended messianic congregations as well. I even know how to blow my shofar and I try to take the Sabbath off from any work. I am very against the pagan influences in modern Christianity.

Upvote 0