• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yahweh's Moedim (Feasts) FOREVER!

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by HARK!, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Doug Melven

Doug Melven Well-Known Member

+487
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    If anyone says that you must keep those 613 or 1050 commands in order for YHWH to be pleased with you or to grant you favor or mercy or salvation or ..... then that would that person a legalist.
    Because there is nothing we can do to merit His favor except to fall on His mercy and trust Him.

2. tampasteve

tampasteve Tampa, Florida, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion arm Supporter

+423
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Let us remember this forum's (Messianic Judaism) SOP as this conversation is treading close to violating it:

• No anti-Torah theology. i.e. No posts accusing or debating that Messianic Jews or Gentiles are under the law, re-erecting the wall of partition, Torah has been made invalid for today, or Messianic Jews or Gentiles should not keep the commandments in Torah that apply to them.

3. Doug Melven

+487
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    As per the rules I am bowing out of this thread as my beliefs are inconsistent with the intent of this subforum.
    I don't see how I can continue without asserting my beliefs about Torah which from my understanding are not allowed here. Shalom

4. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member

+175
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Do you have any idea what this means? I don't.

I enjoyed our discussion. I pray that you gained at at least something from it.

Shalom

5. Doug Melven

+487
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I did, I gained a deeper understanding of what the feasts are about.

6. gadar perets

gadar perets Messianic Hebrew (Non-trinitarian)

+721
    Messianic
    Single
    While we don't obey His commandments to obtain His favor or salvation or to please Him, He is well pleased with our obedience and is displeased and grieved by our disobedience. Therefore, we need to make sure we know what commandments He desires us to obey.

So what do you think of a person that desires to obey all the commandments out of love for his Heavenly Father?

7. gadar perets

gadar perets Messianic Hebrew (Non-trinitarian)

+721
    Messianic
    Single
    Sorry. I just noticed this after I made my last post. Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss the issue further. Shalom.

8. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member

+175
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Glory to Yahweh.

9. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member

+175
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I just listened to the introduction to this series twice. I have it downloaded to my hard drive. I'm going to download the whole series, to share with my family again and again. This is going to be a GREAT study!

Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Soyeong

Soyeong Well-Known Member

+2,579
    Messianic
    Single
    You're welcome! We also have a lot of other excellent studies posted, such as the ones on Matthew, Romans, Galatians, the Temple, and on Finding Messiah in the Torah, as well as others, plus some articles, so I invite you to also check them out when you've got time. :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  11. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+4,853
    Messianic
    Lambs,, aka a lot of Yeshua.