Farmington
✟23,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I've noticed in some Messianic circles, the discussion or message tends to be set about proving why we keep the Sabbath, the Feasts, and other aspects of the faith, which are certainly not wrong in themselves.

But I find when one over does a topic, it detracts from the Cross of Messiah who shed His blood for our sins, being the Passover Lamb.
Also, where is prophecy, and it's application to the state of the current world, that is, without politicizing? Too many congregations of all denominations have made an idol out of politics, and smoke even idolize politicians!

I was reading Jeremiah 12:13 today, " They have sown wheat, but shall reap thorns: they have put themselves to pain, but shall not profit: and they shall be ashamed of your revenues because of the fierce anger of the Lord."

I immediately thought of Hosea 8:7, "For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk; the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up."

But in Jeremiah it says they've sown wheat, and wheat in the Brit Chadashah as spoken by Yeshua, or by the Apostles is always a good thing. Then I thought of those who may appear to be believers (sowing wheat) and even doing the works of a disciple of our Messiah, but fall into the Matthew 7:21-24 category, that He does not know them. Looks like they're sowing wheat, but how can one reap thorns from wheat seed?

Then I wondered if it may speak to certain corruptions within the varying assemblies/churches. Like the tares sown with the wheat, the tares an enemy plants, or that someone sows thorns, or thorns spring up among the wheat and choke it, which in the parable of the sower that is exactly what happens when the cares of this world and deceitfulness of riches choke the Word that it becomes unfruitful.

I believe Yeshua Messiah shall return, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war (Rev 19:11), and that people must be prepared: that is, their souls must be right with Yahweh.

This Passage I will be giving a message on in a Baptist church next weekend:
2 Peter3:11-14,
"But the day of
יהוה will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of אלהים wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless."