Would Pauls writtings be accepted if he wrote them today....

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,307.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would Pauls writtings be accepted if he wrote them today, would he be accused of conflicting with the prophets or other parts of scripture?

Lets take a look at some of the things Paul came up with that seem to contradict scripture, are controversial or seem to be comtemporary ideas that he picked up that are in his writtings.

Woman and their place in the church:

As in all the congregations of the saints, 34women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. 35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. 1 Corinthians 14:33-35

11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1 Timothy 2:11-12

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 1 Timothy 2:14

Judging each other in the church:

11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. 12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 1 Corinthians 5:11-12

Talking bad about fellow Christians:

18Some of you have become arrogant, as if I were not coming to you. 19But I will come to you very soon, if the Lord is willing, and then I will find out not only how these arrogant people are talking, but what power they have. 20For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. 21What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a whip, or in love and with a gentle spirit? 1 Corinthians 4:18-21

Marriage and the family:

If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. 15But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; 1 Corinthians 7:12-15

Propriety in Worship for women and men:

2I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the teachings,[a] just as I passed them on to you.
3Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 4Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is just as though her head were shaved. 6If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.

Prophecy Countdown

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
✟887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Reddog’s quote.
“Would Pauls writtings be accepted if he wrote them today, would he be accused of conflicting with the prophets or other parts of scripture?
Lets take a look at some of the things Paul came up with that seem to contradict scripture, are controversial or seem to be comtemporary ideas that he picked up that are in his writtings.”

Reddog’s quote
“Woman and their place in the church:”
1 Corinthians 14:33-35
“As in all the congregations of the saints, 34women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. 35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.” Unquote.

I was deeply moved by Paul’s words reddog Yeah! I can see where your coming from reddood, I’m with Paul and YOU on this one, PEACE man and quiet at last!
If that information gets out, then the churches would be full of men and none of them would need to shave or bother to wear sissy deodorant or after shave lotion or clean the pickup when parking outside the church.

“11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.”

Sorry reddog, but you watch the claws come out and the tongues start up about woman’s liberation and silly girly stuff like that.
Between you and me reddog, I like a lass that’s a bit feisty and noisy in church especially when the heavy weights get up to sing, it,,, its,,, sob really …s s .something .. well I’m lost for words reddog, I, I , f, feel sad in a way.

12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1 Timothy 2:11-12

Paul truly was A MAN! A REALIST, a BRAVE MAN a man before his time,, we need someone like that around TODAY, don’tcha think reddog?

“And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 1 Timothy 2:14”

How can we argue with that type of brilliant logic.
She couldn’t keep her hands off the fruit could she… she just had to know didn’t she, well there you go a typical woman.
Turn your back on a them for a second and there you are… a heap of TROUBLE in gigantic proportions!
That’s why they should NOT be allowed to drive! Unless they are supporting a man bringing home a wage and his pocket money.

Reddogs quote
Judging each other in the church:
11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

Well on my farm you never turn your back on a bull and the same goes for those types. Well… There goes my weekly night out with friends.

“12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 1 Corinthians 5:11-12”

Paul, is quite right, there are enough nice people in the church to pick on that just role over and take it.
I say keep it in the family and keep the outsiders out! They can get real vicious those philistines.!
But do not pick on the women you will get scratched to pieces on the way out through the congregation. I KNOW, I’VE BEEN THERE DONE THAT!

Reddogs quote
Talking bad about fellow Christians:

18Some of you have become arrogant, as if I were not coming to you.

Well that’s true. If we cant have a real hate session, what can we do? We really should be nice to women and such like…though.
They can’t help being born like they are …. can they reddog?

“19But I will come to you very soon, if the Lord is willing, and then I will find out not only how these arrogant people are talking, but what power they have.”

I think it’s a bit late for Paul to visit anywhere isn’t it?

“20For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. 21What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a whip, or in love and with a gentle spirit? 1 Corinthians 4:18-21”

Whips? That really surprises me. I don’t like that sort of thing.

Reddogs quote
Marriage and the family:

If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. 15But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; 1 Corinthians 7:12-15

So if we marry a none believer ….. and they leave ….. we can start afresh with ….. a new partner? Well… I wish I had known that fact before I got married.

Reddogs quote
Propriety in Worship for women and men:

2I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the teachings,[a] just as I passed them on to you.
3Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 4Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is just as though her head were shaved. 6If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.

“should cover her head”…. Well…. I just can’t argue with that logic reddog. That’s why we invented paper bags.
What a clever man you are to place such deep and meaningful and may I say CORRECTLY, THOUGHTOUT AND PRODUCTIVE, teachings of Paul.
He had a real sense of humour.

Now watch the fat hit the fan when the ladies read this lot.
I am glad I trod on neutral ground on this issue, a man could get into some serious trouble if he wasn’t absolutely fair in every sense of the word, don’t you agree reddog.

My remarks were made in a heart felt and as you ladies can see a deeply felt masculine way to bring the ladies BACK INTO LINE where apart from the Kitchen they belong!
And understand that some of us REAL men are real nice people even though the police keep handing us A V O’s that’s Apprehended Violence Orders from our wives.
Name and address withheld for anonymity and privacy reasons.
Cheers
From, Tongue Firmly In Cheek.

Upvote 0