I pray to God why am I still single and he keeps bringing new couples in my life.

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really. I am losing my faith and patients with God. I pray to him for a nice girlfriend and what does he do he brings me two new woman who are married in my life.

One life group after the other. I am losing my patience with the Thursday life group. Not only is it more couples but there was a new woman who I meet outside who did not know how to enter the building. I showed her and we were talking. Inside the group she mentioned her husband. Again God not listing. What makes matters worse is the following week yet again I have to meet her husband and pretend I like him which I don't. Then he joins our life group and won't shut up. Goes on and on about his relationship and job.

Then another annoying couple tells his happy story. I since went back to my old life group hoping to meet some new single woman but no another new couple I have pretend I like which I don't goes on and on about their relationship and job. Then both lifegroup surprise with a pregnancy. Meanwhile I can't even get a coffee date because there are no single woman anywhere where I live.
I would be careful who you blame for your singularity. Maybe GOD thinks you are not ready for a relationship. Maybe there is something HE has in mind for you at the moment other than a relationship. 1st seek GOD and the rest will fallow. I was in a similar situation a few decades back asking GOD to send me someone. There are times I think Satan intercepted that memo and sent me someone instead (jesting). Be patient GOD knows what you are in need of even though you may think you need 1 thing HE knows whats best for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As someone who's spent most of his life pursuing women,
That pursuit turned into an idol.
prioritized my personal relationship with a woman over the LORD.
left me in a bad way...
Have mercy on me LORD and lead me back towards you and away from the desires of my adulterous heart.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I went to a singles group last night & there was a married couple. Whenever they got kissy & touchy, everyone looked away.
I think that is pathetic that a couple came to a singles group. I would have said something.

At lear your church has a singles group. All of my groups contain couples up the ying yang. I requested a singles group but I am told by the couples that no one but me will attend.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think that is pathetic that a couple came to a singles group. I would have said something.

At lear your church has a singles group. All of my groups contain couples up the ying yang. I requested a singles group but I am told by the couples that no one but me will attend.
There were a couple other married’s. My friend says they help lead the class, plus can be a part of the class till they have a baby. But yeah, you think there’d be married class they can be a part of & I told my friend jokingly they should get kicked out. I don't mind them, but please no kissing / hugging / rubbing etc.

It’s a new group. This is a large church & enough people expressed interest in this group it was created. It’s newer. It used to be there wasn’t a group like this. There are about 20-30 of us. It’s for ‘young’ careers – singles in their 20s & 30’s not in college. I’m surprised b/c it’s about ½ guys & ½ girls & not 19 guys & 1 girl like it usually is.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
But yeah, you think there’d be married class they can be a part of

There might not be one. We lament about there not being singles groups, but younger married couples can also struggle to find something as they don't necessarily have much in common with older couples. So I think a group like yours should be for anyone in their 20s and 30s rather than just singles as it seems a little unfair to bar people from fellowshipping with others their own age just because they're married

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I went to a singles group last night & there was a married couple. Whenever they got kissy & touchy, everyone looked away.

The number of Christians who lack the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is growing. This is signified by lack of empathy or sensitivity towards other people. And among other things like the lack of 'spiritual discernment' to differentiate it from 'worldly discernment'. The latter only works to fulfill your worldly desires, including the choice of preachers who preaches a false worldly version of Christianity.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Your church doesn't even have male only or female only groups?

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There were a couple other married’s. My friend says they help lead the class, plus can be a part of the class till they have a baby. But yeah, you think there’d be married class they can be a part of & I told my friend jokingly they should get kicked out. I don't mind them, but please no kissing / hugging / rubbing etc.

It’s a new group. This is a large church & enough people expressed interest in this group it was created. It’s newer. It used to be there wasn’t a group like this. There are about 20-30 of us. It’s for ‘young’ careers – singles in their 20s & 30’s not in college. I’m surprised b/c it’s about ½ guys & ½ girls & not 19 guys & 1 girl like it usually is.

I'm shocked. I had never heard of a church not having a couples class!

I find it rude and gross when couples start doing romantic stuff in church in front of everyone. It's like "does God turn you on or something?" Do that somewhere else!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm shocked. I had never heard of a church not having a couples class!

I find it rude and gross when couples start doing romantic stuff in church in front of everyone. It's like "does God turn you on or something?" Do that somewhere else!

One of the reasons why it's good to be single is get deeper into the Spirit.

Getting married draws you into the worldly pursuits of your spouse or the worldly pursuits of other married couples in your circle. In other words, getting married puts you at risk into behaving like an unbeliever. It doesn't exclude people who are very active in church, or even preach or deeply involved in missions. Because a lot of churches nowadays preach a corrupted form of Gospel that is worldly in origin. Everyone is spreading a false teaching. No one winning souls anymore but worse, leading people to damnation.

A married couple may not see this deception as the odds are totally stacked against them. But a single might, it would still be very difficult even for a single believer to see through these worldly deceptions but they'll have better chances than a married believer.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel like a failure today. I feel like I'll never be good enough to date. I feel like a loser. Whenever in social gatherings, they always talk to the other guys & are always more interested in the other guys. They may talk to me for a little bit, then they just move back on to the other guys. They flock around the guys who can dominate the table.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I feel like a failure today. I feel like I'll never be good enough to date. I feel like a loser. Whenever in social gatherings, they always talk to the other guys & are always more interested in the other guys. They may talk to me for a little bit, then they just move back on to the other guys. They flock around the guys who can dominate the table.

I used to have the same problem! It hurts!

But I simply stopped caring, stopped having expectations in social gathering. I simply did what I want to do like eating all the free food. It helped! I'm underweight anyway from a relatively ascetic lifestyle it's probably OK if once in a while, I eat like a starving lion!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I used to have the same problem! It hurts!

But I simply stopped caring, stopped having expectations in social gathering. I simply did what I want to do like eating all the free food. It helped! I'm underweight anyway from a relatively ascetic lifestyle it's probably OK if once in a while, I eat like a starving lion!
It’s depressing sitting a table & trying to contribute but they just focus on one guy.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whenever I met a girlfriend I had little to no interest in meeting women at all or simply wasn't looking to date at the time
Food for thought

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Whenever I met a girlfriend I had little to no interest in meeting women at all or simply wasn't looking to date at the time
Food for thought
That seems to be what others say. When they stop looking for someone, that's when they get someone.

Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That seems to be what others say. When they stop looking for someone, that's when they get someone.
While this may be true, it's a terrible dating strategy. Not looking as a strategy to find someone rarely works.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your church doesn't even have male only or female only groups?
They have a lot of women's only groups but only one men's group. I have zero interest in joining a men's group. Please don't say I am missing on good friendships and they might know some one. Trust me their sister, cousin, friends are all married or in a relationship so stop it.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It’s depressing sitting a table & trying to contribute but they just focus on one guy.

It actually makes me happy if everyone's talking but they're talking to someone else. At least they won't find out I'm a loser and I can enjoy the food!

I think it's just a waste of time trying to prove yourself. Drop the expectations from yourself and from others. Just do what you want as long as you're not sinning.

Don't beat yourself up for being single because the kind of woman you're dreaming off is likely to turn out to be a horrible person. We live in a horrible world and that is expected. Don't expect people to be perfect and you're really not missing a lot so thank God for being single!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It actually makes me happy if everyone's talking but they're talking to someone else. At least they won't find out I'm a loser and I can enjoy the food!

I think it's just a waste of time trying to prove yourself. Drop the expectations from yourself and from others. Just do what you want as long as you're not sinning.

Don't beat yourself up for being single because the kind of woman you're dreaming off is likely to turn out to be a horrible person. We live in a horrible world and that is expected. Don't expect people to be perfect and you're really not missing a lot so thank God for being single!
At least they were single. Usually they're in relationships. Still, maybe that's why they're single? B/c they swoon around 1 guy? It's dumb, & I don't mean to start a gender war, but I rarely see a bunch of guys swooning around 1 girl -> they're usually trying to talk/meet as many girls as they can.

Upvote 0