I pray to God why am I still single and he keeps bringing new couples in my life.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I went to a park event this morning at church. I was literally the only single person there. It was full of couples and kids. I left after a half hour for the two-hour event.
Church Events in parks will be geared to families.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Really. I am losing my faith and patients with God. I pray to him for a nice girlfriend and what does he do he brings me two new woman who are married in my life.

One life group after the other. I am losing my patience with the Thursday life group. Not only is it more couples but there was a new woman who I meet outside who did not know how to enter the building. I showed her and we were talking. Inside the group she mentioned her husband. Again God not listing. What makes matters worse is the following week yet again I have to meet her husband and pretend I like him which I don't. Then he joins our life group and won't shut up. Goes on and on about his relationship and job.

Then another annoying couple tells his happy story. I since went back to my old life group hoping to meet some new single woman but no another new couple I have pretend I like which I don't goes on and on about their relationship and job. Then both lifegroup surprise with a pregnancy. Meanwhile I can't even get a coffee date because there are no single woman anywhere where I live.
i hear you man, it's frustrating for sure

Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Really. I am losing my faith and patients with God. I pray to him for a nice girlfriend and what does he do he brings me two new woman who are married in my life.

One life group after the other. I am losing my patience with the Thursday life group. Not only is it more couples but there was a new woman who I meet outside who did not know how to enter the building. I showed her and we were talking. Inside the group she mentioned her husband. Again God not listing. What makes matters worse is the following week yet again I have to meet her husband and pretend I like him which I don't. Then he joins our life group and won't shut up. Goes on and on about his relationship and job.

Then another annoying couple tells his happy story. I since went back to my old life group hoping to meet some new single woman but no another new couple I have pretend I like which I don't goes on and on about their relationship and job. Then both lifegroup surprise with a pregnancy. Meanwhile I can't even get a coffee date because there are no single woman anywhere where I live.

It is your decision how to handle this. You don't have to just sit and wait for something to happen. When I was in my 20s, I attended a church assembly where the prevailing viewpoint was "wait on the Lord". While that was fine advice for a newly saved 23 year old man who still had much to learn, it made less sense as I got older and more spiritually mature.

I would consider getting into social circles where you will be in contact with single women. If you can dance, consider taking up salsa and bachata as I have done. I come into contact with beautiful women all the time on the dance floor, and my dancing skill has progressed to where I have little difficulty finding a willing partner for a song.

Many of us believers are in a place where our whole social life revolves around our church contacts. Until a few years ago, I was no different. But when I was excommunicated from my church assembly for getting a so-called "unscriptural divorce", I had no choice but to build friendships outside church. (There's a whole thread on that topic on this site.)

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
There was one woman who came up to me last month. She did it again two weeks ago. I thought I could get to know her as she also likes cats. Today it was all for nothing I wanted to talk to her but I saw a wedding ring on her left hand. It made me mentally meltdown after seeing face masks too. I just hope I don't have to meet her husband I think I will just bolt if that happens.

All I know since I been going to church and church groups I been leaving in a worse mood than when I entered.

I know it's against God but I don't care. I been having a better mood and spirit after doing yoga. When I leave I am in a better mood unlike Christianity which puts me in a rotten mood.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you are feeling. God isn't failing you, but I get a sense Churchianity is.

If yoga makes you feel good, go for it! That doesn't mean you'll adopt the religious aspects of it. And just because something has a root in some pagan society or tradition does not by any means imply that thing is immoral per se. Now if they start bringing out 14-year old temple prostitutes, then that's another story.

By the way, would you let me know if they teach you how to breathe fire, have stretchy limbs, and be able to teleport? That would be so cool, but alas, I suspect that only happens in video games published by Capcom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My yoga teacher Tasha is a Baptist Christian and she does yoga and see nothing wrong. The owner is Jewish.

I am not going to stop doing it as it's the only thing keeping me sane. Church is making me insane and more depressed after.

Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
My yoga teacher Tasha is a Baptist Christian and she does yoga and see nothing wrong. The owner is Jewish.

I am not going to stop doing it as it's the only thing keeping me sane. Church is making me insane and more depressed after.

Have you considered changing church assemblies? If you are leaving all depressed on Sundays, then something is very wrong.

I dealt with the same thing myself when I had a divorce in progress. I received a general condemnation from people who loved to get on their high horse in judgment of myself and others. But when I asked them what I was supposed to do instead, they had no answer. Godly people simply do not behave this way.

In my case, I have not had a regular church home since the elders at that other assembly gave me the boot. God did not fail me, those elders did. Both spiritually and morally.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am still doing yoga and I don't care what you say. If you disagree then why are you telling me. It works better than medication, making me lose weight putting me in a better mood. Also praying to God is a waste of time as he does the opossite, blesses others with relationships while bringing me the same taken people.

Last time I prayed to God and I recorded it was so bad that the married pastor said I had to go downstairs or leave because a woman I asked refused to take off her mask. I also suffer from maskaphobia that developed in 2020 no thanks to God. Like all the praying gave me a phobia while others from Church were blessed with new marriages and babies.

So why do I need to pray to such a selfish jerk like God.

What? Maskaphobia? That's not real man.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you are feeling. God isn't failing you, but I get a sense Churchianity is.

If yoga makes you feel good, go for it! That doesn't mean you'll adopt the religious aspects of it. And just because something has a root in some pagan society or tradition does not by any means imply that thing is immoral per se. Now if they start bringing out 14-year old temple prostitutes, then that's another story.

By the way, would you let me know if they teach you how to breathe fire, have stretchy limbs, and be able to teleport? That would be so cool, but alas, I suspect that only happens in video games published by Capcom.
Why does this guy keep bringing up his face masks as part of this subject, as if it were relevant?

Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Really. I am losing my faith and patients with God. I pray to him for a nice girlfriend and what does he do he brings me two new woman who are married in my life...

As for the dating thing, I recently made an observation: people who are natural conformists and fit into some personality archetype or stereotype seem to have an easier time finding someone to date because all he would need to do is find a woman who is looking for that particular type. But people who aren't conformists or are nonconformist by nature will have a somewhat harder time. I don't have a conformist bone in my body, and that was a problem for me at times in my career.

I am very much a bible-believing Christian, but no one would ever mistake me for Ned Flanders. Some women who want a "good Christian man" are going to go for men who have some resemblance to that particular type. They'll go to Church every Sunday. They only listen to "Christian" music. They drive in their car with a little fishie in the back. And their social life revolves around church-related stuff. These women want a man who conforms to their idea of what they want.

My own lifestyle looks nothing like this. I go to nightclubs with friends. I frequent establishments where women wear halter tops and other "immodest" clothing (depending on one's perspective). I engage in salsa, bachata and other couples' dances with women - and I don't bother to inquire concerning their relationship status. (You should hear the lines I use when I request a dance!) I often sleep in on Sunday mornings because I was out until 3am or so the night before.

The point of this is that you can be a spirit-filled Christian and have a lifestyle that looks nothing like that of Ned Flanders. Just stay away from sin. Don't be afraid to be you. Don't be afraid to reject conformity for its own sake.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm not sure how saying don't conform, then proceed to list how you conform, is making your point.

He'll likely be much better off and happier if he resists the temptation to chip away at his individuality to attract a mate. If yoga is working for him, he ought to go for it and not listen to the people who say yoga is the Devil. (I've heard similar things said of salsa and bachata sensuale.)

We Christians can be a very insular bunch at times. In my early days as a Believer, I pretty much only associated with other Christians. That was a reflection of where I was at spiritually in those days. I had very little social life outside Church. Today it is a very different story with me, but that's a topic for a completely different thread.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Go to the gym, build some muscles (not yoga. Yoga don't build muscles!), work on your looks, work on a winning personality with women, and work on having a good sense of humor....

And those women who tells you they're married or have BF will tell you they are single!!

Kidding!! :D I really don't do such thing and I'm still in the creeper territory. Women finds me creepy even if I'm offering to assist them. Maybe it's the offer to help that makes you creepy.
I'm worried about it because the insanity and current events of the modern world are going to interfere with my desire for a mate.

Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I posted on this thread before but just wanted to let you know you're not alone in feeling this way. It reminds me of the time I was talking to a guy at my old job thinking he was flirting with me and then his wife walks up. Don't lose hope and maybe there's a single sister or friends that they can introduce you to.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yesterday my grandma says her neighbor's grandson who lives in her basement, is in 30s, & never had a job, he just got a girlfriend.
Today at church was all married couples sitting around me. The guys didn't look any different, seem any different, talk any different, etc. than me. But still they had one & I never have.

It's depressing. It makes yoou wonder what you're doing wrong, what do you have to do.
It means it's completely an act of God

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let me tell you what God did to me and I am still single. I went to this local social and this woman approached me. I though I was having a great time and conversation with her until she mentioned a boyfriend then she had the nerve to show a picture of her boyfriend on her phone. I was crushed but I kept it cool. I then left the event. I was sick for the rest of the week. Nevermind the last three women I encounter all had husbands.

Went to Christmas eve service at church with about four single women. i know and every other women there over fifty all with husbands every single one. Really. I am sick of every women being taken. No joke I am now dead serious but there are no single women in New York city.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Went to Christmas eve service at church with about four single women. i know and every other women there over fifty all with husbands every single one. Really. I am sick of every women being taken. No joke I am now dead serious but there are no single women in New York city.

Wait, you just said you went to church with 4 single women...so..how are there not any single women?

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let me tell you what God did to me and I am still single. I went to this local social and this woman approached me. I though I was having a great time and conversation with her until she mentioned a boyfriend then she had the nerve to show a picture of her boyfriend on her phone. I was crushed but I kept it cool. I then left the event. I was sick for the rest of the week. Nevermind the last three women I encounter all had husbands.

Are you involved in a church?

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you involved in a church?
Yes and it's 99% couples or women in relationships. The few single men left after the pandemic except me and Keith who has been there twice as long and is still single but already three formally single woman there post pandemic are married one with a new born. Only one woman, a decon now is still single. I would leave but I am so deeply involved with them that they don't want me to leave. I did not show up for one week because I was sick and two of my married friends texted me asked why I did not show up.

But I am getting so tired of seeing couples everywhere that can't even focus on God and end up drifting away. I am also sick of being around married, taken women and having married men as friends with no single friends. I should have left the church when the pandemic ended but when new people joined I was hoping it would have been more single woman but instead it was mostly couples. I should have found another church then. I still might in the new year as I am tired of being around and hanging with mostly couples.

Last edited:
Upvote 0