I pray to God why am I still single and he keeps bringing new couples in my life.

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really. I am losing my faith and patients with God. I pray to him for a nice girlfriend and what does he do he brings me two new woman who are married in my life.

One life group after the other. I am losing my patience with the Thursday life group. Not only is it more couples but there was a new woman who I meet outside who did not know how to enter the building. I showed her and we were talking. Inside the group she mentioned her husband. Again God not listing. What makes matters worse is the following week yet again I have to meet her husband and pretend I like him which I don't. Then he joins our life group and won't shut up. Goes on and on about his relationship and job.

Then another annoying couple tells his happy story. I since went back to my old life group hoping to meet some new single woman but no another new couple I have pretend I like which I don't goes on and on about their relationship and job. Then both lifegroup surprise with a pregnancy. Meanwhile I can't even get a coffee date because there are no single woman anywhere where I live.

Y
YellowKing
I'd recommend online dating sites/apps like Okcupid, and Bumble. Both have options to search by religious denomination. More importantly, I think you need to work on yourself. Develop hobbies, and interests outside of your faith. A musical instrument, painting, woodworking, dancing. Something that you can excel at that gets you out of the house and adds positivity to your life while you search for a girlfriend.
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe they know single women.

Maybe it's not as important to God as it is to you that you be in a relationship.

Either way, God's existence, God's supremacy, and God's goodness do not depend on him getting you a girlfriend.

That's the story of my life, at least.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No they don't know single woman. All their relatives and friends are in a relationship.

I been so lonely lately I started to watch inappropriate content again after Thursday life group. It's been two days watching inappropriate content.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Go to the gym, build some muscles (not yoga. Yoga don't build muscles!), work on your looks, work on a winning personality with women, and work on having a good sense of humor....

And those women who tells you they're married or have BF will tell you they are single!!

Kidding!! :D I really don't do such thing and I'm still in the creeper territory. Women finds me creepy even if I'm offering to assist them. Maybe it's the offer to help that makes you creepy.

• Useful
Reactions: VCR-2000
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There are a lot of single people and many of them pray like you do. I don't say this to be unsympathetic, it's just better to not have unrealistic expectations. The world has a rapidly increasing number of single people so it wouldn't seem God is prioritizing people getting coupled up.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No they don't know single woman. All their relatives and friends are in a relationship.

I been so lonely lately I started to watch inappropriate content again after Thursday life group. It's been two days watching inappropriate content.

I won't tell you to stop being lonely. I'm well over 40 and still single. Never married, never had relationships with women beyond friendship.

There are many things you can do when you're single you can't otherwise do while in a relationship with the opposite sex. So I suppose count your blessings!

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pursuing a companion and potential wife though understandable could very well be distracting you from what the LORD has planned for you.
You might be missing blessing's....
I can assure you they are there...

May The LORD Bless You and Keep You

Shalom Aleichem

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yesterday my grandma says her neighbor's grandson who lives in her basement, is in 30s, & never had a job, he just got a girlfriend.
Today at church was all married couples sitting around me. The guys didn't look any different, seem any different, talk any different, etc. than me. But still they had one & I never have.

It's depressing. It makes yoou wonder what you're doing wrong, what do you have to do.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There was one woman who came up to me last month. She did it again two weeks ago. I thought I could get to know her as she also likes cats. Today it was all for nothing I wanted to talk to her but I saw a wedding ring on her left hand. It made me mentally meltdown after seeing face masks too. I just hope I don't have to meet her husband I think I will just bolt if that happens.

All I know since I been going to church and church groups I been leaving in a worse mood than when I entered.

I know it's against God but I don't care. I been having a better mood and spirit after doing yoga. When I leave I am in a better mood unlike Christianity which puts me in a rotten mood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
You may be falling into a trap here by sidetracking yourself from your ACTUAL purpose. Those "happy couples" could well be living in the matrix of distraction themselves, or, quite possibly, they're two complete, well grounded souls who found each other after a very long journey. Who knows? All I know is that it's completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with you and where you are/need to get to.

If you're losing faith over this, then it's definitely time to steer the ship back on course. Dig deep and really look inside yourself.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you're losing faith over this, then it's definitely time to steer the ship back on course. Dig deep and really look inside yourself.
What should I do then? When I go to church I am surrounded by married women so it's difficult and distracted.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What should I do then? When I go to church I am surrounded by married women so it's difficult and distracted.

In my church, there's plenty of single mothers / divorced women.

I'm not sure my situation is worse because having lots of single mothers / divorced women is NOT a good sign that marriage is still a good thing.

It's obvious, that more men and women couldn't get along. I'm not saying you give up. I'm just saying finding the right woman for you will be harder and will likely take more time in this day and age.

And if you don't 'fit the mold' like me, you behave differently, you talk different than most people, even if you do lots of activities with women. Things are going to be harder...but not impossible. You just need patience.

As for me, God seems to have other plans for me. He told / implied to me in three dreams already not to marry. I can't defy that! So I guess consider yourself lucky. Others have it worse, way worse so count your blessings and never take the other things in your life for granted. You never know how much they really mean to you until they're gone.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have autism and have always been single (turning 61 soon). I've come to the conclusion that I've never been geared for marriage. I think if I had pushed getting married no matter what, I'd just be single and divorced.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We never know the whole story. Especially when it comes to other couples. Wish them well, but don't envy them. I'd just focus on living your own life. Your own story and relationship with God. That's what I try to do with my own life. It's a big world out there. Years from now, regardless of whether you find love or not, you'll still be you. Try not to lose sight of the other things that bring you joy. Besides, f you do find a girlfriend or wife, you'll be more present and engaged with life. Something that's good whether you're in a relationship or not.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When gaging couples, it's easy to just focus on what seems to be a fairytale marriage, rather than the ones that are full of strife. Personally I'd rather be single than in an unhappy marriage. I doubt anyone who gets married expects that marriage to turn out badly. It's definitely a calculated risk. Perhaps God has protected me and saved me from a really bad experience.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know it's against God but I don't care. I been having a better mood and spirit after doing yoga. When I leave I am in a better mood unlike Christianity which puts me in a rotten mood.

I've always wondered this first part when people on here have suggested or outright said it: How is simply doing yoga something that's demonic/against the Lord?

And more importantly, how is Christianity responsible for your being in ill spirits? Having someone to love romantically is a great blessing but that is hardly what our faith in Jesus Christ is there to accomplish for us. And yes, I can talk quite easily from my position - in nearly forty years of life now I have only ever not been single for a period of three months from way back in middle school, and with one date under my belt from a few years ago in total, yet with so many more rejections before and after that time. And yet, I find contentedness in the mere presence of the women I have been fond of despite their rejections of anything beyond friendship, rather than, as you seem to insist on doing according to your posts in this thread thus far, feeling only misery and/or personally spited by either the woman herself or by God simply because she already had someone and was not "available" for me by the time I noticed her.
One life group after the other. I am losing my patience with the Thursday life group. Not only is it more couples but there was a new woman who I meet outside who did not know how to enter the building. I showed her and we were talking. Inside the group she mentioned her husband. Again God not listing. What makes matters worse is the following week yet again I have to meet her husband and pretend I like him which I don't.
There is nothing and no one you should be losing patience with here, or disliking just because. Not God, not this woman or the husband she happened to already be married to when you two met by chance, nor any other couple in this life group.

here was one woman who came up to me last month. She did it again two weeks ago. I thought I could get to know her as she also likes cats. Today it was all for nothing I wanted to talk to her but I saw a wedding ring on her left hand. It made me mentally meltdown after seeing face masks too. I just hope I don't have to meet her husband I think I will just bolt if that happens.

Again, why? Why the urge to be openly rude by just dashing off when/if she would like for her husband to meet you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When gaging couples, it's easy to just focus on what seems to be a fairytale marriage, rather than the ones that are full of strife.

I think many of them are just pretending. On facebook for example, many are just putting up a fake, problem-free facade, smiling all the time.

People don't usually tell all their relationship problems until after the breakup.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think many of them are just pretending. On facebook for example, many are just putting up a fake, problem-free facade, smiling all the time.

People don't usually tell all their relationship problems until after the breakup.
I think you can only really know the ones you have a deep connection with. Usually married siblings and close cousins. In my family some couples are an ideal paring and some aren't or weren't. My sister (who's 75 now) never managed to really find the right man. My cousin her age that I'm close to otoh found the perfect wife and they're getting close to their 50th anniversary. I even when I lived with them for months a couple of times and never heard them argue. One of his sons has a similar marriage. But his other two sons and his daughter had failed marriages.

Upvote 0