razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We still haven't got passed the fact that the apostles only gave rules governing bishops and deacons for men. There are no rules for women other than rules for a bishop or deacons wife.

I consider it specious to think that rules for such would be different between men and women. I don't think that means there were women Bishops, I'm not sure about Deacons, and it seems there were women Apostles. It's also quite likely that Hebrews was written by a woman; the most intellectual book of them all!

Upvote 0

tangled

Oct 7, 2011
✟16,154.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes...back in the day....women knew nothing...that is why Mary sat at the feet of Jesus...she was so hungry for the things of God...what she did by sitting at his feet and listening..was not allowed back in those days.
The women in the church were also not knowledgeable of the things of God...they had many Questions....they were not exactely sitting at the feet of Jesus...listening....they had much to learn back then. Soooo they had many questions.

I like that point.

Upvote 0

B-74

Jan 23, 2012
USA
✟2,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yes...back in the day....women knew nothing...that is why Mary sat at the feet of Jesus...she was so hungry for the things of God...what she did by sitting at his feet and listening..was not allowed back in those days.
The women in the church were also not knowledgeable of the things of God...they had many Questions....they were not exactely sitting at the feet of Jesus...listening....they had much to learn back then. Soooo they had many questions.

How important is a mothers time to raise her family and be a homemaker play into all this? Maybe paul had good reason for his rules. Maybe its Gods will. The mother is like an anchor for the whole family, it may seem like a lesser role to some people, but its a vital role in the family, without it the family would fall apart in today's evil world. In my opinion anyway.

I think it says somewhere in the bible that is the most noble thing a women can do, but i not sure, my memory may be wrong.

Women actually raise and teach the next generation, the man does too, but the woman more so, because traditionally the man worked to put food on the table.

Upvote 0

tangled

Oct 7, 2011
✟16,154.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How important is a mothers time to raise her family and be a homemaker play into all this? Maybe paul had good reason for his rules. Maybe its Gods will. The mother is like an anchor for the whole family, it may seem like a lesser role to some people, but its a vital role in the family, without it the family would fall apart in today's evil world. In my opinion anyway.

I think it says somewhere in the bible that is the most noble thing a women can do, but i not sure, my memory may be wrong.

I see your point but that doesn't mean that all women are meant to have children; Jesus agreed that it's better not to get married.

Upvote 0

TamaraLynne

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Michigan
✟11,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Women actually raise and teach the next generation, the man does too, but the woman more so, because traditionally the man worked to put food on the table.
It is sooooo sooooo important for both parents to love God and be an example.....

Reactions: tangled
Upvote 0

B-74

Jan 23, 2012
USA
✟2,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I see your point but that doesn't mean that all women are meant to have children; Jesus agreed that it's better not to get married.

True, but mothers do teach the next generation, so they are teachers if you think about it that way.

Im just inserting these things to consider, im not necessarily stating facts written in stone

Upvote 0

B-74

Jan 23, 2012
USA
✟2,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It is sooooo sooooo important for both parents to love God and be an example.....

For sure, but women are different than men, they may serve a purpose that men cannot. Men sure cant have babies, but that's just an example of something only a women can do, not necessarily what i'm referring to.

Im just covering all bases for us to consider.

Upvote 0

tangled

Oct 7, 2011
✟16,154.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
True, but mothers do teach the next generation, so they are teachers if you think about it that way.

Im just inserting these things to consider, im not necessarily stating facts written in stone

I get it.

A mother's bond is different than a father's, after all.

Like you said...if a woman is called to teach...

Upvote 0

TamaraLynne

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Michigan
✟11,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) True...alot of mothers teach their children...but that is because they might be the only believing parent...I've seen homes where the father also teaches....and those homes are soooo blessed...Homes with two parents that love God with all their hearts are the best homes...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

B-74

Jan 23, 2012
USA
✟2,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Praise God for such Christian homes!

Amen brother. My family fell apart when i was a kid, my dad had a nervous breakdown, my mother had to go out and work in his place until he got better, but that,s the case nowadays anyway, both parents sometimes need to work, but that shows a need to live within our means, a mother is important in the family, i think she needs to be there, but its just my opinion. We stopped going to church. But what they taught me about the bible stuck all these years and is now helping me.

The scriptures are true...

Pr 22:6 ¶ Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Just because it says that does not mean its true. By that I mean you can train up as best as you think possible, it doesn't guarentee the child will not depart from it. Especially as they hit the teen years and peer pressure sets in. Then when they move out...oy. lol.

I've seen enough "trained up" children that acted like perfect christians, but when the world got ahold of them they rebeled against God and their parents. It should be: Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, pray hard that God will strengthen him against outisde influence so he will not depart from how he was trained.

Especially in this world where sex, money, violence and power sells to everyone of all ages. Although with that said my parents raised me with that verse in mind, just as I will raise my kids with that verse in mind.

At church I actually hear an interesting sermon about raising children. The pastor said "Are we letting God raise our children? Or are we raising them because we think we know better then God?"

It was really made people think. Assuming they understood what he was getting at.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just because it says that does not mean its true. By that I mean you can train up as best as you think possible, it doesn't guarentee the child will not depart from it. Especially as they hit the teen years and peer pressure sets in. Then when they move out...oy. lol.

this is not responsive to what the verse says, at all. we need to be careful with things like that. It doesn't say that your child won't go wild as an adolescent, it talks about when he is old

Upvote 0

B-74

Jan 23, 2012
USA
✟2,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I've seen enough "trained up" children that acted like perfect christians, but when the world got ahold of them they rebeled against God and their parents. It should be: Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, pray hard that God will strengthen him against outisde influence so he will not depart from how he was trained.

Especially in this world where sex, money, violence and power sells to everyone of all ages. Although with that said my parents raised me with that verse in mind, just as I will raise my kids with that verse in mind.

At church I actually hear an interesting sermon about raising children. The pastor said "Are we letting God raise our children? Or are we raising them because we think we know better then God?"

It was really made people think. Assuming they understood what he was getting at.

The verse is true for me anyway.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When he is odl I think means when hes of age, but I guess it could mean when hes literally old.

My parents raised me well and I was a very good christian until my injury, then I got mad for a bit and realized how stupid that was and went back to how I was raised. So I guess it is true. No matter what happens how we are raised never really leaves us, its still there. Its why it should be asy to go back to it like it was for me.

Upvote 0