Wish List for Mr D---CCC Members Only---No Debate from non-Members, please!

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would like to add universalism to the list with lds and jw

Universalism is extremely dangerous by teaching that one need not repent at all because everyone including satan will be saved anyway.

Universalism, as properly understood can actually be compatible with the Creed...however it takes jumping through several hoops and a robust understanding of Christian history during the years of the ECF.

As presently constituted...the universalist postings are a joke and are theologically indefensible.

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
The occult recovering forum needs to either go or be held to an unprecedented accountability system. For what I have read, it is not working as intended.

Here are my general observations of Beth Miqlat:

1) My initial fears that it was place devoid of Christian influence was not correct. The limited amount that I've read leads me to believe that it is a private areas that is some sort of mashup between outreach/ministry/recovery. Which, I do believe was the point all along.

2) Assertions from staff that users were being held accountable to CF rules were not entirely true. I do believe, however, that this has been rectified. There were some substantial issues but I also see it in terms similar to other forums...sometimes it takes a while for things to settle down. I think, initially, staff was way too permissive and was ignoring the guidelines for the forum which were set down. I, again, also believe that this has been rectified so I no longer consider it much of a concern.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
WHat, exactly, does that mean?
If Auntie meant it a certain way, she couldn't verify it to you anyways - and I can take it to mean not to just trust anyone too deeply - since I've been burned a few times myself, I second her comment fully.

We need to be careful. =)

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^_^ Too funny!

LOL Redeemed! :p :p :p

Well I keep in mind that there are different types of "humble"... there's Amish Prairie Dress humble (buttons are sinful), then there's burlap sack humble (I'm cheap and we keep the lights off) and then there's contemporary/modern humble without being obnoxiously flashy:eek: (I'm 50 but want to relive my teens again).

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have any objections to non-Christian mods in the friendship areas. I would have reservations in the support areas though as I believe that is a ministry area as well isn't it? If it isn't and I am wrong about that and it is technical/help desk/site support only then I would personally have no objections to those.

And I agree with you, the doctrine of JWs and Mormons as well as Universalists and Unitarians
in themselves reveal that they are preaching "another jesus" and not the one whom Paul preached,
therefore they are a counterfeit and should not be acknowledged as "Christian".

Hi Lel,
They are not listed in any particular order, although, it is probably a good idea to do that at the end. As for JW's and Mormons, I think the idea is that they should simply not be labeled as Christians. They aren't. I agree that non-Christian mods could be in the Friendship area.

Does anyone have any worries or concerns about non-Christian mods in the Friendship areas?

Lisa

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the only people who should be allowed to be abused is Christians, God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the
Church on a whole. After all, this is a Christian forum so why should it be a safe haven for Christians?
The Lord knows we find plenty of refuge in the world.
(sarcastic)
Sorry, this just seems to be the standard I have seen here. Everyone else can dish out pretty much
whatever they want to Christians, with no fear of retribution, but if a Christian says anything
that is deemed rude, or after weeks of harassment and taunting, say something strong (but still not near any of the flames they have endured and not reported which is a catch 22 by the way. Mods would never get a break if Christians reported everything) then hang the Christian is the order of the day. I, for one, am growing tired of the double standard.

I couldn't agree more. I have no problem with LDS, JW, Universalist and Atheists having their own forums with their own rules. I do have a problem with calling them "Christian". People should be able to discuss with them but not allowed to be rude and flamey.

Lisa

Reactions: Nadiine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Time2BCounted

Holding Christian Standard High At ForU.ms
Aug 5, 2007
✟5,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Universalism, as properly understood can actually be compatible with the Creed...however it takes jumping through several hoops and a robust understanding of Christian history during the years of the ECF.

As presently constituted...the universalist postings are a joke and are theologically indefensible.
Hi Tonks

I agree that it COULD resemble christianity, on the other hand thats the problem with it. You can literally believe nothing or be satanic and they will tell you its ok youre going to be saved anyway, right along with satan

Upvote 0

Christian Soldier

QUESTION EVOLUTION
Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
✟2,190.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I respectfully disagree with reinstating the warning system. There's nothing wrong with the way things are working now.

An individual was promptly and properly banned for having a racial epithet on their profile page just a day or two ago. Real and alleged rules violations are reported and dealt with in a fair manner, and admins/mods need the concurrence of other a/m's before action can be taken, which prevents a single a/m from using their authority inappropriately.

When I first came here five years ago, the old system was very stifling and not always fairly applied. Some mods would just edit posts at their whim, without warning to the posters, and with no concurrence from other a/m's.

Plus the fact that you could be banned then even for mild public criticisms of the forum owner, administrators and moderators.

With the new system, if somebody's name keeps turning up in the report forum, they'll be dealt with properly in due time. We don't need an antiquated and stifling points system to maintain order and discipline. :)

Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don't have any objections to non-Christian mods in the friendship areas. I would have reservations in the support areas though as I believe that is a ministry area as well isn't it? If it isn't and I am wrong about that and it is technical/help desk/site support only then I would personally have no objections to those.

Support is help desk stuff only.

Upvote 0

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
lisa said:
have no problem with LDS, JW, Universalist and Atheists having their own forums with their own rules. I do have a problem with calling them "Christian". People should be able to discuss with them but not allowed to be rude and flamey.
I have a huge problem with this. Comfort in error has no place on a christian board.

I believe they are welcome to come ask questions - fellowship with others and debate - but there is no place for anyone other than a believer making rules and protocol on a christian website nor should there be any room for prosylatizing anything other than Christianity.

Reactions: Nadiine
Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh thanks for telling me Mel.... I don't know why I thought it was ministerial in nature.
Well in that case I have no problem personally with that one.

[/color][/size][/font][/i]Support is help desk stuff only.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a huge problem with this. Comfort in error has no place on a christian board.

I believe they are welcome to come ask questions - fellowship with others and debate - but there is no place for anyone other than a believer making rules and protocol on a christian website nor should there be any room for prosylatizing anything other than Christianity.
How exact must one be, to be without error ?

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  1. food-smiley-021.gif
    i respectfully ask for hazelnut and chocolate creamers.
  2. noicon.gif
    noicon.gif
    noicon.gif
    noicon.gif
    noicon.gif
    i really feel our section of recovery needs a $$raise.
  3. to utilize my time better, and cover the many areas that need attention and growth; i need a bigger desk and updated systems.
  4. Flahssssss.gif
    we'd all like our picture in the paper, and a small artical on our team efforts and accomplishments.
  5. we need a new copier system.
  6. please require those listening to music, to wear head sets, as not to desturb others.
    music-smiley-004.gif
  7. some of the workers are
    soap_bubble.gif
    slacking off again. we need firm accountabilies.
  8. we have a few married couples and engaged couples... one minute they're dancing in the closets... or gardens,
    7.gif
    and the next
    00001748.gif
    they're um? :eek:
  9. we also need some better policies on helping eachother cool down. :swoon:
  10. we definately need more
    smiley-mega.gif
    team meetings for hugs, prayers and praises.
    grouphugg.gif
    :groupray: :clap: :preach: :amen:
  11. we must clean the attick
    smiley-channel.de_verrueckt002.gif
    !
  12. we need good insurance and pension plans
    15_8_138.gif
  13. we need more to do in the chatbox.
  14. the site clergy needs to see some staff too.
  15. somebody keep chris ot of the freezer !
  16. we want staff pep-rallys and vacations. .
  17. we need a popcorn machine in the break room
    chowin.gif
  18. we need a spa room
    mrbubbles.gif
    ...aaaahhhh.
  19. we need lots of love and encouragements
    loveshower.gif
  20. finally we want piggy back rides on fridays!
    polare.gif

Upvote 0