The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

This scenario is precisely what i have been warning about considering the recent legislative zeal to facilitate trans-sexual perversion under the nonsensical pretense of it being the only viable treatment for the severe mental illness of gender illness, which this poor boy was not even informed of.

Rather, in this case it appears that a “gender therapist” (as opposed to a normal pediatrician) engineered this with the boy’s mother for some perverse reason. Christian ethics forbid me from speculation as precisely why the mother is doing this. However, there are several pathological motives one can think of for why a person might want to subject a child to such a trauma, including, perhaps, a sexual perversion on their part, or a desire for attention (some kind of Munchhausen-by-proxy, a dreadful illness which is otherwise regarded when acted upon as child abuse, but in this case in a state under control of the far left such as New York, it could happen that such an illness is tolerated in the specific context it results in gender reassignment due to the seeming interest of some politicians in increasing the instances of such reassignments as a sign of social progress), or it could be due to a desire to have a child of the opposite sex, or in the case of a single parent due to a divorce, perhaps the parent is overwhelmed of the issues that arise in parenting, by themselves on those days when they have custody, a child of the opposite sex, perhaps revolted by the unanticipated aspects of caring for a child of the opposite sex, or indeed perhaps a parent might, as a result of a particularly traumatic divorce, develop a general loathing for the opposite sex or a specific loathing for their former spouse which is transferred to the child owing to, perhaps, similarities in appearance as well as mannerisms resulting from the influence of the other parent on the developing child, or it could be many other things, none of which constitute a legitimate reason to begin secretly “transitioning’ a child from their natural sex to an assumed “gender identity.”

I would note that the only scenario where sexual assignment might have validity in a pediatric perspective from the perspective of traditional Christian sexual ethics would be in the case of a child born as an hermaphrodite, or with other ambiguities in their reproductive anatomy which might interfere with both urological and reproductive functionality. Historically there was no means of providing care in the cases of such deformities, but ironically, our contemporary society in many cases would insist that we tolerate such deformity and not seek to provide medical care, because persons suffering with such a condition are the “I” in the LGBTQIA+ continuum (I shudder to think what all might be included under the “plus” character, the use of which can also be regarded as a not very subtle jab against Christianity, since it is the case that Christian bishops and archbishops from various denominations that have an episcopal polity and hierarchy, such as the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox, Catholic, Assyrian and Anglican churches, will add one or more + symbols to their name, as crosses, to indicate episcopal rank, and the symbol is also used in the case of the deceased particularly when the Latin cross typographical symbol † is unavailable.

At any rate, this incident should serve as a reminder of the importance for traditional Christian denominations to immediately not only sever communion with, but place under an anathema, those individuals and organizations which are seeking to actively interfere with, or legally and ecclesiastically preclude the preservation of traditional Christian ethics concerning sexual behavior. This is being accomplished both through changes in the law, changes in the doctrine of churches, and an effort to cause Christians to regard the problematic practice of conversion therapy* as being not just a medical failure but a religious disaster so severe as to be considered an arch-heresy.

It is imperative that individuals and entities that seek to promote trans-sexual gender transitions in this manner be subject to excommunication for promotion of castration, which is something that would run afould of several ancient church canons.

Additionally, any man who willfully has themselves castrated (as opposed to being castrated due to medical necessity or against their will) becomes ineligible for ordination to any office under Canon I of the Council of Nicaea, the same council that upheld the doctrine of the Holy Trinity, on the basis that to intentionally destroy ones’ reproductive capability was viewed by the Nicene Fathers as being an act of self-murder. This obviously would apply to individuals who as an adult have undergone sex-change operations, but in the case of youths, the various exceptions to the canon would protect this boy and protect his ability to potentially become a member of clergy later in life even if he is deprived of his male reproductive anatomy (something which has not yet happened).

This young boy urgently requires our prayer, and cases like this underscore the importance of our community working together to resist what is becoming increasingly severe persecution of traditional Christians over this issue and other issues related to absurd idea that persons suffering from a sexual perversion ought to be encouraged to continue in their perverse state rather than called to repentence.

@Michie if you have not already alerted our Catholic friends in OBOB such as @chevyontheriver to this issue I reckon you might want to.

*This in in its current form appears, based on the data which has been presented to us, and assuming the reliability of such data, to do more harm than good, although I do feel that scientists should at least be allowed to continue to research the subject to seek improvements, since I believe that homosexuals who want to become straight should have access to a medically proven means of doing so, which of course transition therapy in its current form is not)

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

This scenario is precisely what i have been warning about considering the recent legislative zeal to facilitate trans-sexual perversion under the nonsensical pretense of it being the only viable treatment for the severe mental illness of gender illness, which this poor boy was not even informed of.

Rather, in this case it appears that a “gender therapist” (as opposed to a normal pediatrician) engineered this with the boy’s mother for some perverse reason. Christian ethics forbid me from speculation as precisely why the mother is doing this. However, there are several pathological motives one can think of for why a person might want to subject a child to such a trauma, including, perhaps, a sexual perversion on their part, or a desire for attention (some kind of Munchhausen-by-proxy, a dreadful illness which is otherwise regarded when acted upon as child abuse, but in this case in a state under control of the far left such as New York, it could happen that such an illness is tolerated in the specific context it results in gender reassignment due to the seeming interest of some politicians in increasing the instances of such reassignments as a sign of social progress), or it could be due to a desire to have a child of the opposite sex, or in the case of a single parent due to a divorce, perhaps the parent is overwhelmed of the issues that arise in parenting, by themselves on those days when they have custody, a child of the opposite sex, perhaps revolted by the unanticipated aspects of caring for a child of the opposite sex, or indeed perhaps a parent might, as a result of a particularly traumatic divorce, develop a general loathing for the opposite sex or a specific loathing for their former spouse which is transferred to the child owing to, perhaps, similarities in appearance as well as mannerisms resulting from the influence of the other parent on the developing child, or it could be many other things, none of which constitute a legitimate reason to begin secretly “transitioning’ a child from their natural sex to an assumed “gender identity.”

I would note that the only scenario where sexual assignment might have validity in a pediatric perspective from the perspective of traditional Christian sexual ethics would be in the case of a child born as an hermaphrodite, or with other ambiguities in their reproductive anatomy which might interfere with both urological and reproductive functionality. Historically there was no means of providing care in the cases of such deformities, but ironically, our contemporary society in many cases would insist that we tolerate such deformity and not seek to provide medical care, because persons suffering with such a condition are the “I” in the LGBTQIA+ continuum (I shudder to think what all might be included under the “plus” character, the use of which can also be regarded as a not very subtle jab against Christianity, since it is the case that Christian bishops and archbishops from various denominations that have an episcopal polity and hierarchy, such as the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox, Catholic, Assyrian and Anglican churches, will add one or more + symbols to their name, as crosses, to indicate episcopal rank, and the symbol is also used in the case of the deceased particularly when the Latin cross typographical symbol † is unavailable.

At any rate, this incident should serve as a reminder of the importance for traditional Christian denominations to immediately not only sever communion with, but place under an anathema, those individuals and organizations which are seeking to actively interfere with, or legally and ecclesiastically preclude the preservation of traditional Christian ethics concerning sexual behavior. This is being accomplished both through changes in the law, changes in the doctrine of churches, and an effort to cause Christians to regard the problematic practice of conversion therapy* as being not just a medical failure but a religious disaster so severe as to be considered an arch-heresy.

It is imperative that individuals and entities that seek to promote trans-sexual gender transitions in this manner be subject to excommunication for promotion of castration, which is something that would run afould of several ancient church canons.

Additionally, any man who willfully has themselves castrated (as opposed to being castrated due to medical necessity or against their will) becomes ineligible for ordination to any office under Canon I of the Council of Nicaea, the same council that upheld the doctrine of the Holy Trinity, on the basis that to intentionally destroy ones’ reproductive capability was viewed by the Nicene Fathers as being an act of self-murder. This obviously would apply to individuals who as an adult have undergone sex-change operations, but in the case of youths, the various exceptions to the canon would protect this boy and protect his ability to potentially become a member of clergy later in life even if he is deprived of his male reproductive anatomy (something which has not yet happened).

This young boy urgently requires our prayer, and cases like this underscore the importance of our community working together to resist what is becoming increasingly severe persecution of traditional Christians over this issue and other issues related to absurd idea that persons suffering from a sexual perversion ought to be encouraged to continue in their perverse state rather than called to repentence.

@Michie if you have not already alerted our Catholic friends in OBOB such as @chevyontheriver to this issue I reckon you might want to.

*This in in its current form appears, based on the data which has been presented to us, and assuming the reliability of such data, to do more harm than good, although I do feel that scientists should at least be allowed to continue to research the subject to seek improvements, since I believe that homosexuals who want to become straight should have access to a medically proven means of doing so, which of course transition therapy in its current form is not)
You’re only getting the side of the non-custodial dad who lost a court case, as told through Fox News. Hardly an objective source.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
You’re only getting the side of the non-custodial dad who lost a court case, as told through Fox News. Hardly an objective source.

If you have a link to an article which substantilly or entirely debunks it, please provide us with a link directly, by posting a link to each article that not only in your mind contradicts the Fox News article, but which takes the additional step of declaring it to be in error in this thread.

I will review the posts and modify my OP as indicated!

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you have a link to an article which substantilly or entirely debunks it, please provide us with a link directly, by posting a link to each article that not only in your mind contradicts the Fox News article, but which takes the additional step of declaring it to be in error in this thread.

The mother quoted in the article said it was untrue.

I don’t have another source and I’m not going to bother finding one, but it seems painfully obvious to me that there’s not enough verified information here to warrant going on a diatribe.

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
The mother quoted in the article said it was untrue.

I don’t have another source and I’m not going to bother finding one, but it seems painfully obvious to me that there’s not enough verified information here to warrant going on a diatribe.

Alas without articles providing a debunking I am not in a position to modify my OP.

What is more, far from being a diatribe, my opinion on Christian sexual morality is based on the canons of the Council of Nicaea, which was rather important, and the canons of St. Basil the Great and his brother St. Gregory of Nyssa, and the Penitential Canons of Patriarch John the Faster of Constantinople, and also on Christian scripture, particularly the remarks of St. Paul and Christ our True God regarding sexual morality, and I regard the issue of dogmatic redefinition on these issues coupled with the persecution of traditional Christians to be the greatest problem facing the church at present.

So if Fox News is misrepresenting this, and this can be shown by linking to a debunking from a reputable source not known to have a partisan bias, or a reputable source with political views that are not in opposition to those held by Fox News (and thus with nothing to gain politically from debunking them, only journalistically), I would be prepared to edit my OP, but until then, I have no basis for rejecting it as even potentially false other than the word of a subject in the article who stands to lose quite a bit due to its publication.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

You just have to recognize there will be bias, that's all.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why are there Christians who support gender transitioning Children? It's sick.
Because we have personal friends with two intersex children (apparently both parents are carriers of a recessive gene that causes it), so it's quite clear to us that "boys are boys and girls are girls" is reductive and inaccurate.

I don't know what happened in the story of the OP, but I do know to not take the word of the non-custodial parent on blind faith. Given the degree of care and thoughtfulness that the Right tends to (not) apply to policies regarding medicine and science, I also know to not take their dogma on blind faith.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Because we have personal friends with two intersex children (apparently both parents are carriers of a recessive gene that causes it), so it's quite clear to us that "boys are boys and girls are girls" is reductive and inaccurate.

I don't know what happened in the story of the OP, but I do know to not take the word of the non-custodial parent on blind faith. Given the degree of care and thoughtfulness that the Right tends to (not) apply to policies regarding medicine and science, I also know to not take their dogma on blind faith.
So you support non intersex children being put on puberty blockers and having gender change surgery?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So you support non intersex children being put on puberty blockers and having gender change surgery?
I think chemical and surgical interventions ought to be approached with extreme caution, but otherwise, I don't know pretend to know the appropriate treatment for children with gender-related concerns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think chemical and surgical interventions ought to be approached with extreme caution, but otherwise, I don't know pretend to know the appropriate treatment for children with gender-related concerns.
But in principle you support inhibiting the natural male/female growth a child will experience if they feel they are the opposite gender right?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

This is happening everywhere. A 14 year old girl was taken from her Christian parents over transgender issues in Montana.

The judge in that case placed a gag order on the parents but they broke the gag order when CPS sent the child to Canada to live.

Their story is terrifying....

Apparently their kid had had some mental health issues and at the age of 13 decided she was a boy. They sent her to a psychiatrist and didn't hear anything about it again for another year when the daughter was in the hospital.

The daughter requested to be called by a boys name and the parents requested the hospital only use her birth name because of their faith and beliefs.

From there they lost custody of their child to the state and after 6 months in a group home the state ended up sending the child, without prior notification to the custodial parents, to Canada to live with a birth mother the child didn't even know or have a relationship with.

There was a case in Texas that was similar. Another custodial father had his son taken from him over his refusal to transition his son.. they gave custody to the mother who lived in a different state so the child would be transitioned.

It's definitely the next battle. The one for our own children.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
This is happening everywhere. A 14 year old girl was taken from her Christian parents over transgender issues in Montana.

The judge in that case placed a gag order on the parents but they broke the gag order when CPS sent the child to Canada to live.

Their story is terrifying....

Apparently their kid had had some mental health issues and at the age of 13 decided she was a boy. They sent her to a psychiatrist and didn't hear anything about it again for another year when the daughter was in the hospital.

The daughter requested to be called by a boys name and the parents requested the hospital only use her birth name because of their faith and beliefs.

From there they lost custody of their child to the state and after 6 months in a group home the state ended up sending the child, without prior notification to the custodial parents, to Canada to live with a birth mother the child didn't even know or have a relationship with.

There was a case in Texas that was similar. Another custodial father had his son taken from him over his refusal to transition his son.. they gave custody to the mother who lived in a different state so the child would be transitioned.

It's definitely the next battle. The one for our own children.

I think this underscores the importance of not entrusting our children to the public school system. Because even in conservative states, every school district has a liberal element which might do this.

Additionally, in many Southern states corporal punishment is administered in public schools in a manner that as a Christian I regard as unacceptable and contrary to Christian morality. Specifically, girls being severely paddled by grown men, and boys being severely paddled by grown women. And the use of the paddle itself is dangerous and has been known to cause bleeding in some young women. I would worry about the risk of a miscarriage in the event of a teenage girl inadvertently becoming pregnant (perhaps due to rape, perhaps due to rape by members of school staff) and then being paddled as a result of unexplained behavioral changes resulting from the unknown pregnancy or perhaps due to the psychosis that results when someone is raped using certain drugs to erase the memories or render the victim unconscious.

Our Christian children need to be raised in a prayerful and loving environment where God is regarded as the highest truth, and where everything the school does should be about helping the relationship between the child and the family and between the family and the Christian community, an environment which cannot legally happen in public schools or most charter schools. Many public school teachers regard it as being their mission to serve as an antagonist to conservative, Christian parents, to seek to compensate for what they regard as the destructive influence that our religion has on the lives of young people, which is obviously an unconstitutional view, but right now all of the conditions are conspiring to create an atmosphere in which the relations between parents and their nearest public school is toxic.

While I normally shy away from political positions as a clergyman, I have been forced to take a view on this, that in the United States, there are a sufficient number of problems ranging from the abusive application of corporal punishment in a manner that should offend Christians regardless of whether they support corporal punishment or not, to the promotion of the LGBTQIA+ agenda, to the incorporation of overtly political left-wing messaging in class rooms, to ongoing problems with security and school violence, so that the best approach would be for the federal government to issue school vouchers as a matter of federal politics, and then seek to offload the actual operation of schools onto private entities which would be compensated using school vouchers.

In England, one can have a state funded education at a parochial school operated by the Church of England, the Catholic Church and other entities, as well as attending a state school, or attending private schools which in the UK, the elite of which are called public schools (for example, Eton), and also many other types of schools, such as academies and comprehensive schools.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
But in principle you support inhibiting the natural male/female growth a child will experience if they feel they are the opposite gender right?
What does the phrase “i don’t pretend to know” mean to you?

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What does the phrase “i don’t pretend to know” mean to you?
What do you mean you don't pretend to know? You brought up intersex people for some reason and knew exactly in that scenario, why don't you know when it comes to normal boys and girls whether or not you support transitioning? Lest we forget I asked why some Christians here support transitioning and I wasn't meaning in the fringe cases of intersex people but the average person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Canuckster

Nov 21, 2022
Calgary
✟29,071.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
surgical interventions ought to be approached with extreme caution
So cutting off healthy penises and breasts of kids should be approached with "extreme caution"...

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Normal in the context of those who claim to be transgender. That is not mostly comprised of intersex and you are being facetious I'm bringing that up.

I’m not being facetious about anything. Your phrasing was vague at best.

Do you support kids being transitioned?

I support it being an option, with the more invasive and permanent options being approached very cautiously.

You beg Christians understand their own limited knowledge but then you plead ignorance as if you don't have an opinion. Which it seems you do have but don't want to share.
You’re still assuming things you don’t know.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I’m not being facetious about anything. Your phrasing was vague at best.

I support it being an option, with the more invasive and permanent options being approached very cautiously.

You’re still assuming things you don’t know.
Would you support the state taking children away from Christian couples who adamantly oppose transitioning their children?

Upvote 0