Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are a lot of posts on the Windows Insider forum, urging MS to make their TPM program optional.

Folks, if that's all you want, you only need to stay with Windows 10. Despite the hoopla, Windows 11 is essentially the Windows 10X upgrade. It re-arranges the operating system, but does little else.

The power-hungry TPM program raises your security level to deal with the growing threat of ransomware--other than that, 11 does little that 10 doesn't already do.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I personally am enjoying Windows 11...mind you I am using the insider preview, but still it works 100% fine on my machine.

Reactions: Vince53
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have one complaint about w11 so far. I hate the new taskbar. I don't use all of these useless apps from microsoft and we have no start menu anymore. I'll have to get used to typing every single thing I want to open from now on because I can't even add my basic programs to the bar. It has to be all this useless microsoft app stuff. And all of my open programs are in the middle of the screen... yeah...

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The first full versions of Windows 11 have been released (I'm still on the waiting list) and the results are:

1) It works
2) Customers are disappointed at how little it does different than Windows 10

As explained previously, Windows 11 is essentially the Windows 10X upgrade. It re-arranges the furniture and it adds TPM security.

Upvote 0

Dreams65

Mar 13, 2021
Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The hide-and-seek game they keep playing with the tools doesn't bother me since I always use the God Mode folder to access those anyways. But having to pin the Task Manager to the task bar because the developers removed right click access is just lame.

Also...because they removed grouping of icons, I had to create a separate folder and place shortcuts to all my games in there and then pin that folder to the start menu. When clicked on the folder opens on the desktop instead of in the start menu. It seems like these developers like monkeying around with the start menu just to frustrate users. I swear, if the gaming industry ever decides to fully support Linux, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I download the Windows 11 disk image ISO from the official download page. Have not install on any of my machines yet. I need to review the system requirements again and see if I can. Would a fresh install from USB be the best / easiest method of upgrading?

I really hope these new Win11 machines in the future will be more malware resistant and secure.

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The minimum requirements include a dual-core CPU and 4 gigs of RAM. However, going all the way back to Windows 95, if you do not have double the minimum requirements, you will have trouble any time you run any complex programs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dreams65

Mar 13, 2021
Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I download the Windows 11 disk image ISO from the official download page. Have not install on any of my machines yet. I need to review the system requirements again and see if I can. Would a fresh install from USB be the best / easiest method of upgrading?

I really hope these new Win11 machines in the future will be more malware resistant and secure.

If you have issues, see my post here: Prepping my PC for Windows 11 upgrade

This may help.

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The first complaints are coming in. Certain AMD processors, while meeting the minimum requirements, are slowing down about 15% under Windows 11. The biggest problems, of course, are high-end programs such as games. MS apparently expected this to happen but didn't warn consumers. MS promises to have it fixed within a month.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Visit site
✟423,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@Vince53 ,
My computer has an AMD Raedon A8-5500 processor and Windows 11 works well with it. Even though the pc says I do not meet the "minimum requirements" for Windows 11 (i.e. no tpm or secureboot), I can still run windows11. I like that. Mind you if they ever release an update I will need to install it manually, but that is okay :)

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesse, are you using the Windows 11 Preview Version, or did you download the full Windows 11 that was released two days ago?

The Preview Version runs well on any machine that runs 10 well, because it does little besides re-arrange things. The full version will operate the power-hungry TPM system,.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Visit site
✟423,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@Vince53 ,
I downloaded the full OS ISO from the download site. I used the media creation tool.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dreams65

Mar 13, 2021
Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After mounting frustrations with Windows 11, I rolled back my system to Windows 10. Throughout the day I had to restart my PC several times because Search stopped functioning. Stopping and restarting the service did not help, only a restart got the Search working again. The other issue was the disappearing icons in the start menu and the task bar. It only occurred with three apps, but I didn't find out what was causing it. All this, together with what I posted above, is too much.

When the Windows developers pull their heads out of the their orifices and give the users what they want and something that really works, then maybe I'll install 11 again. With every version since 8, It seems that Microsoft is corralling users into an eco system that only Microsoft wants, regardless of user desires and feedback. If this continues I'll eventually switch to Linux.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dream, I'm sorry that all of this happened to you. To help all of us out, could you answer some questions?

1) Does your rig meet the minimum requirements?
2) How many cores does your CPU have, and how many gigs of RAM do you have?
3) How did you install 11?

Your information will help me and others on this forum.

Upvote 0

Dreams65

Mar 13, 2021
Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6 cores)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (with fTPM and UEFI enabled, CSM disabled)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR-4 3200

Windows 11 (current version) installed from an ISO downloaded directly from Microsoft.

But none of that has anything to do with the way Windows 11 was designed. Most of my complaints are about features that have been removed or the way a user has to access certain features. The start menu is the worst I have seen on any operating system. After Windows 7, Microsoft simply refuses to let the user configure the start menu the way a user wants to. For many users the start menu is the door to Windows and Microsoft keeps installing more and more locks on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you, Dream. I re-read your previous post, and you did explain that most of your objections were due to the way 11 re-arranges the furniture. Your CPU and other hardware should easily support 11.

Since you can install almost everything in 11 while staying with 10, there is no reason to upgrade if you don't like 11.

Reactions: Dreams65
Upvote 0